SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:13 PM
United States, CA, Highland
Joined Mar 2009
1,226 Posts
Yes it's a drop in replacement, I'm running one on mine.You do need to extend the boom if your running a more powerful brushless setup, however if your nano is stock or has a mild brushless motor the the extended boom isn't needed.
JLink125 is online now Find More Posts by JLink125
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 08, 2012, 08:14 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbq4good View Post
How is the Blade Nano CP X ? Is it stable? thinking about get one any thing I should before pulling the trigger?
Thanks
Depends on what your definition of stable is. I am an intermediate-beginner. Basically a newbie with some skills. It is not stable at all compared to a SYMA s107, you will lose control instantly if you do not know how to control a CP bird, but it is quite stable for a micro CP and a great choice as an entry to collective pitch helicopters, as that is what I am using it for.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:57 PM
Louisville, Colorado
Joined Oct 2007
323 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbq4good View Post
How is the Blade Nano CP X ? Is it stable? thinking about get one any thing I should before pulling the trigger?
Thanks
If you are moving up from a coax, I'd recommend the flybar mSR (not mSRX) first. It requires a whole different level of skill, but it's not as unforgiving as a CP heli. If you are flying single-rotor FP helis now, then I can't recommend the nCPX enough. Especially starting out, the combination of capability and durability is incredible.

Mine will hover for 5-10 seconds hands-off ... correct the wrong way and it will be in the wall in under a second. That's CP for you. The good news is that it's unlikely to hurt the heli or the wall, especially if you're quick on the TH.
CatBird is offline Find More Posts by CatBird
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:03 PM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLink125 View Post
Yes it's a drop in replacement, I'm running one on mine.You do need to extend the boom if your running a more powerful brushless setup, however if your nano is stock or has a mild brushless motor the the extended boom isn't needed.
Good point. I wasn't considering BL motors.

Normal MCPX boom, or extended?
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Old Dec 08, 2012, 11:35 PM
United States, CA, Highland
Joined Mar 2009
1,226 Posts
Normal MCPX boom, I believe it's 125mm long. I run a stock out of the package MCPX boom with my "wild" BL nano.
JLink125 is online now Find More Posts by JLink125
Old Dec 09, 2012, 01:55 PM
United States, ID, Mountain Home
Joined Sep 2011
198 Posts
Hi guys,
Is there a big learning curve with a cp Heli. I have a mcx2 and a 120 sr. The mcx2 I can put just about anywhere. The 120sr is a little harder but I fly it with no problem. Both are fun but winter is here and I would like something new. Thanks David
Notsogood is offline Find More Posts by Notsogood
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:13 PM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
Yes, it is a big learning curve, both for CP and for FBL. It is well worth it.
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:15 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,670 Posts
Okay, I'll wade in here. I just bought one of these . . er . . . Santa did. Come December 25th, I'll be maidening it. I've been flying the MSRX for a couple of years now, is this thing going to be to big a jump?
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:20 PM
Canada, BC, Kamloops
Joined Sep 2011
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whichwaysup View Post
Okay, I'll wade in here. I just bought one of these . . er . . . Santa did. Come December 25th, I'll be maidening it. I've been flying the MSRX for a couple of years now, is this thing going to be to big a jump?
It's a great stepping stone. I just did it and already have it inverted. The simulator has helped me a bit but this little thing is pretty solid. I have trouble with the mCP X but the Nano in my back yard even with a slight breeze is great. Enjoy it
CnadianFF is offline Find More Posts by CnadianFF
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:36 PM
Go small or go home
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,456 Posts
Quote:
I've been flying the MSRX for a couple of years now, is this thing going to be to big a jump?
From an MSRX the step will feel just right.
ruzam is offline Find More Posts by ruzam
Old Dec 09, 2012, 07:39 PM
when down=up, up=expensive
United States, VA, Roanoke
Joined Apr 2012
2,670 Posts
You guys are making my day. I'm looking forward to Christmas even more now!
whichwaysup is offline Find More Posts by whichwaysup
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Clever sayings
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:13 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2004
94 Posts
When I try to pirouette starting with a still hover, tail toward me, it always starts heading to my 2 O'clock by the time it gets to 180 degrees, quite quickly in my opinion..
I figured the AS3X would keep the heli still but not the case..

Just wondering if there's something to adjust on the heli, or am I just expected to counter it with the sticks?
Jam-ehz is offline Find More Posts by Jam-ehz
Old Dec 09, 2012, 08:27 PM
United States, OR, Happy Valley
Joined Aug 2012
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jam-ehz View Post
When I try to pirouette starting with a still hover, tail toward me, it always starts heading to my 2 O'clock by the time it gets to 180 degrees, quite quickly in my opinion..
I figured the AS3X would keep the heli still but not the case..

Just wondering if there's something to adjust on the heli, or am I just expected to counter it with the sticks?
This is natural for the small guys I am starting to get the hang of it. but till till then I could hardly turn it 180 without having it swing way out there. in the house all I could do with hover tail in in the house.
fooferdoggie is offline Find More Posts by fooferdoggie
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:22 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,801 Posts
Quote:
Hi there!

As has been noted - it's the next logical step. It's nearly as tough as the original mSR, but it flies much better than the mCPX, and it's also a better aerobatic ship. I really enjoy flying mine in the living room & also in the backyard right from the deck.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2012, 09:50 PM
Joined Dec 2012
11 Posts
I'm loving mine so far and after two days of flying I'm hooked.. I do feel that I've lost some power either from the lipos or the motor. Full throttle, climbs slow it seems but maybe it's me since at first I wouldn't make fast moves.
Is there an aftermarket charger? Can I use a power supply from my big lipo charger (2s-3s) to power the charger instead of using AA?
Tat76 is offline Find More Posts by Tat76