Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H.D. View Post
I need a new motor.
I have two new (one open package) and one used ill sell you for $20 shipped

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnse7en View Post
Okay. They rectified that about 6 or 8 pages ago.

It would also be respectful if you specified your Tx as well hoss
It is hard to remember all the stuff that is repeated and sometimes i skim Though I thought they we discussing binding to a computer tx the other day which requires opposite stick input on bind.

If they discussed this as well a few pages back i am unsure why he is still having issues then. If it binds to his dx6i it will bind with a 4 channel rtf radio of course as long s the rtf tx isnt having issues of its own

I currently use a dx18... funny thing is that nano was the first model i setup on it too
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Dec 02, 2012 at 04:52 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 02, 2012, 05:47 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jul 2009
3 Posts
Seemed to fix my nano wobble. i watched many videos online and wondered how everyone was flying their nano's inside. i couldn't fly mine inside very well from the beginning, and i am a fairly experienced and skilled pilot. flew it outside with no problems, but, it was still a little less dialed in than all the one's i saw fly online. i flew the flybared cp that was this same size as the nano before and it was for sure, squirrely and figured the size had carried over. anyways, the wobble got worse and worse, and i checked the feathering shaft, main shaft, bearings, everything. i noticed when i first got it one of the cyclic servos would react when you forced it, and i never thought anything of it. today, i folded the blades to the side of the one bad servo and the servo went crazy bouncing around. so, i took apart the odd servo and behold, one of the contact brush prongs had broken off and was floating around inside the servo. cleaned the contact pads, put it back together and the nano flies like it's on rails now. can even fly it in my bedroom and do 3D!

so everyone with the wobble, it would be a good idea to check your servos.
weesss is offline Find More Posts by weesss
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:18 PM
ride hard and fly low
Joined Aug 2011
585 Posts
Thanks, but I have them on order.
H.D. is offline Find More Posts by H.D.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:28 PM
United States, MA, Northampton
Joined Jan 2009
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
i have two new (one open package) and one used ill sell you for $20 shipped

it is hard to remember all the stuff that is repeated and sometimes i skim:d though i thought they we discussing binding to a computer tx the other day which requires opposite stick input on bind.

If they discussed this as well a few pages back i am unsure why he is still having issues then. If it binds to his dx6i it will bind with a 4 channel rtf radio of course as long s the rtf tx isnt having issues of its own

i currently use a dx18... Funny thing is that nano was the first model i setup on it too
I completely misunderstood the conxtext of that post - my apologies.
dragnse7en is offline Find More Posts by dragnse7en
Last edited by dragnse7en; Dec 03, 2012 at 12:01 PM.
Old Dec 02, 2012, 06:43 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Maybe this will help, here's some calm closeup Indoor Hovering and Hopping around.

No charge for the Christmas lighting and background music.

BLADE Nano CPX Indoor - Nanotech (4 min 14 sec)
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:03 PM
Joined Sep 2012
392 Posts
So here's a question:

While I love this little bird and I have it to thank for inverting comfortably, am I the only one that thinks Blade's claim of 'never losing the tail' is baloney? If I try and kind of backwards flight, the tail will likely slide with the near-instant loss of control that implies. I think this is just an inherent flaw of having a brushed motor tail, but is this happening to anyone else?
Znybar is offline Find More Posts by Znybar
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:16 PM
Joined Mar 2007
48 Posts
Brushless kits are available again at Astroid Designs!! Get one while you can!
dway is offline Find More Posts by dway
Old Dec 02, 2012, 07:16 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
4CH MY ASS!
Your' a liar and n Uber Poser! Next time, don't you ever troll me - mind punking down clown!

Go elsewhere - you make me physically ill.
try rereading the posts before questioning my integrity as I never would say I currently own a 4 channel. I was trying to help someone else with his 4 channel.

I did find it quite odd why you were asking what tx I had.....
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Dec 02, 2012, 08:49 PM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Nov 2011
3,526 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Stock comes with a 4 channel so it does work. It does internal mixing to cover the 5 channels.

You need to push the throttle stick in a specific direction to let it know to use internal curves and bind to the radio
Tried that, but I'll keep trying
Thanks for your help
brushless55 is offline Find More Posts by brushless55
Old Dec 02, 2012, 09:50 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dway View Post
Brushless kits are available again at Astroid Designs!! Get one while you can!
milds are already sold out...
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
Tried that, but I'll keep trying
Thanks for your help
When you bind and give left input, does it ever go solid? If it does go solid, do you push the trainer button one more time after releasing the stick?
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Dec 02, 2012, 11:00 PM
Fighting Gravity
USA, PA, Red Lion
Joined Sep 2005
188 Posts
I have some major tail wag happening.
Did I read that's the sign of the main motor going?
Motor seems a little less powerful but not sure if it's just because of mid 40 degree temps.
I know it's not the tail motor, replaced the tail boom I broke a week ago.
checked feathering shaft and rest of heli for damage.

If it is my main motor, it's just my luck as I got the email the brushless kits where in. Went to the website and sold out...
elgecko is offline Find More Posts by elgecko
Old Dec 03, 2012, 01:28 AM
Don't tell me, I overdid it.
Joined Oct 2010
38 Posts
Okay, so I got a hold of a Micro-Heli swash, and while I'm not a detailed review kinda guy, I will say I like it.

I'm still running all stock. Can I buy stock in AstroidDesigns or what? Whiskey Tango Foxtrot . I probably live ~10miles from him and I keep missing availability.

Anyways, the main reason for getting it was the same as the Mcpx. It was one of the only things I was breaking repeatedly.

It's holding up well after 3 weeks now. I attribute any extra sensitivity that I detect to something like a placebo effect for now.
Number1BSArtist is offline Find More Posts by Number1BSArtist
Last edited by Number1BSArtist; Dec 05, 2012 at 12:33 AM.
Old Dec 03, 2012, 07:50 AM
United States, CA, Highland
Joined Mar 2009
1,243 Posts
Quote:
4CH MY ASS!
Your' a liar and n Uber Poser! Next time, don't you ever troll me - mind punking down clown!

Go elsewhere - you make me physically ill.
If anyone needs to go elsewhere it's you sir, I've recieved so much help from this thread from so many people including indoorheli. This BS really isn't needed when all they are doing is trying to help. Grow up dude!

Anyway back to the thread, I can't believe how fast the BL kits sell! I picked up a wild kit a few weeks ago and Dylan's kits are fantastic, I had some issues with the install but it was all my own doing but after some tweaking and refining my setup it now flys great!
JLink125 is offline Find More Posts by JLink125
Old Dec 03, 2012, 08:21 AM
Joined Jan 2007
516 Posts
bl kit

I think this heli would be much better with a bl kit. Will pick one up later when my motor dies.

Have done the square tail mod, but the 4ch tx that came with the RTF is not that good. Need to install the devention firmware so that I can use my Devo8s as tx.

And Dragnse7en you should show some respect for fellow rc-heads, language like that could get you banned.

Hugo
hugo-norway is offline Find More Posts by hugo-norway
Old Dec 03, 2012, 09:38 AM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Aug 2012
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qpalzm View Post
I couldn't help myself and picked up a BnF Nano on Black Friday. I plan to get the HK DSM2/DSMX module for my 9x once it is back in stock to use as my main controller. The Nano just arrived and is sitting on my shelf tempting me. I got the BnF to avoid getting another transmitter but I've decided I can't wait for HK to get the module in stock and then ship it out. They had a problem with the first batch which I assume has delayed supply and also holiday delivery will probably delay things further. In hind sight I should have just gotten the RTF so I could use the Nano now (and BnF mCP X that's on its way ) but it's too late.

So... my question is what cheap TX should I get to use with the Nano and mCP X, keeping in mind that I will hopefully soon have a proper programable TX? I see that the DX5e is $59.99 and the DX4e is $69.99. http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...ickAccessories
What is the difference between the DX5e and DX4e? I'm confused because the DX5e looks a little better but is actually a little cheaper. Are there any other cheap TXs that will work? Where is a good place to get one? eBay?

Unfortunately I don't know anyone who can temporarily lend me a TX and craigslist doesn't have anything.

Thanks
Has anyone used a Nano with the HP6DSM TX? I might be able to get one for a good price.

Thanks
qpalzm is offline Find More Posts by qpalzm