HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:41 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
Maxthrottle's Avatar
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,448 Posts
Actually has anyone tried putting one of the Nine Eagle 530 on one of these? For that fun scale look. It took a little fussing but its a pretty close and easy mod to get it on the nCPX frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
For the person wondering if you can fit a mSR X body on the Nano. ....
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 11:27 PM
Augernaut
Wookster's Avatar
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Jan 2010
1,457 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx View Post
That is a very interesting observation, and probably correct. There is something about controlling toys that doesn't appeal to women. When it comes to controlling something useful, such as a car or a real airplane, then they are interested.
Yes, but even then they are still a danger to all around them.
Wookster is offline Find More Posts by Wookster
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 01:19 AM
RC Aircraft Junkie
jlk69's Avatar
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxthrottle View Post
Actually has anyone tried putting one of the Nine Eagle 530 on one of these? For that fun scale look. It took a little fussing but its a pretty close and easy mod to get it on the nCPX frame.
Yes check this thread out. Helifreak user Varc was the first I believe.
jlk69 is online now Find More Posts by jlk69
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:07 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
Maxthrottle's Avatar
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,448 Posts
Ya thats where I initially got the idea. The only thing that wasn't mentioned was the upper mount holes on the inside left has to be cut away to keep the body centered. The battery tray from Nine Eagle skids have a connector clip that can be removed to hold the battery the same way as the nCPX.

I did mine up yesterday and was buzzing around the house. Just 5 or so grams heavier.
Nothing changes on the nCPX so I can always switch it back at any time.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 01, 2012, 08:40 AM
ride hard and fly low
H.D.'s Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
585 Posts
This is a great little heli but, man am I bad. I needed a winter hobby because it's a little cold to be flying planes so I picked up two of these.
I had a problem with one of them but thanks to great customer service from HH it has been taken care of.
H.D. is offline Find More Posts by H.D.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:26 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
heritageflyer's Avatar
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
May get to fly mine indoors today instead of going to fly the Yak and 57 SC. So far only 42F and no sun and that breeze is COLD! Supposed to be 57F today and some sun....
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 09:48 AM
ride hard and fly low
H.D.'s Avatar
Joined Aug 2011
585 Posts
I have 5 flights on mine today and 5 more batts in the oven. I may take my 41" and 48" Edge to the club today. I'm in N.J. and the wind is below 10 mph.
H.D. is offline Find More Posts by H.D.
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 10:14 AM
Registered User
dragnse7en's Avatar
United States, MA, Northampton
Joined Jan 2009
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccpdx View Post
LOL! Yeah right, I wish. I've been a keen observer of how women just don't do this hobby. It's not that women aren't welcome.... That's not why it's "male-dominated"... It's that they just don't. Even when they do, there's a very strong probability that it was a male significant other who was in the hobby first. I think there's got to be a much higher percentage of female full scale pilots.

Charles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx View Post
That is a very interesting observation, and probably correct. There is something about controlling toys that doesn't appeal to women. When it comes to controlling something useful, such as a car or a real airplane, then they are interested.
I agree with the both of you - I see that the US Army has a lot more female heli pilots than before when I served.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wookster View Post
Yes, but even then they are still a danger to all around them.
lol! Reminds me of the movie Legally Blonde when the girl was getting her driver's license in that Jeep!

@ heritageflyer - I googled Amy Botos. Wow, she flies better than I do at this point! I saw her youtube video with her 130 X.
dragnse7en is offline Find More Posts by dragnse7en
Last edited by dragnse7en; Dec 01, 2012 at 10:27 AM. Reason: added context
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:09 PM
Registered User
Paderborn DE
Joined Oct 2004
1,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatBird View Post
Maybe I'll get a tube of 222 as well. I've never felt like I was using more than "finger torque" to remove a screw with blue Loctite, and I'd chalked it up to the screw being small and thus having far less surface area to be gripped by the glue. But always willing to try some new stuff.

As for application in tight spots, I use a paper clip with one end bent out. I put a drop of Loctite in a little plastic cap, dip the paper clip in, and then touch it to the threads. It's pretty viscous stuff, so it clings to the wire well and transfers nicely to the threads. It also doesn't harden up when exposed to air, so you have plenty of open working time. A paper clip seems to grab just the right amount for one tiny little application on our tiny little screws.
I use a beer bottle top to put a few drops into (have to drink the beer first and then a tooth pick to apply. I found that using anything metal went 'funny' after a while.
PaulB is offline Find More Posts by PaulB
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 02:18 PM
Registered User
United States, NY, New York
Joined Aug 2012
20 Posts
I couldn't help myself and picked up a BnF Nano on Black Friday. I plan to get the HK DSM2/DSMX module for my 9x once it is back in stock to use as my main controller. The Nano just arrived and is sitting on my shelf tempting me. I got the BnF to avoid getting another transmitter but I've decided I can't wait for HK to get the module in stock and then ship it out. They had a problem with the first batch which I assume has delayed supply and also holiday delivery will probably delay things further. In hind sight I should have just gotten the RTF so I could use the Nano now (and BnF mCP X that's on its way ) but it's too late.

So... my question is what cheap TX should I get to use with the Nano and mCP X, keeping in mind that I will hopefully soon have a proper programable TX? I see that the DX5e is $59.99 and the DX4e is $69.99. http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...ickAccessories
What is the difference between the DX5e and DX4e? I'm confused because the DX5e looks a little better but is actually a little cheaper. Are there any other cheap TXs that will work? Where is a good place to get one? eBay?

Unfortunately I don't know anyone who can temporarily lend me a TX and craigslist doesn't have anything.

Thanks
qpalzm is offline Find More Posts by qpalzm
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:00 PM
Registered User
dragnse7en's Avatar
United States, MA, Northampton
Joined Jan 2009
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB View Post
I use a beer bottle top to put a few drops into (have to drink the beer first and then a tooth pick to apply. I found that using anything metal went 'funny' after a while.
I will go back to Elmer's Gue (PVA adhesive). = I understand metal - to - metal on rc cars, but my helis don't scrub the boards and don't get the shock impact force like a TRF car does on the carpet @ 35mph -

That said, I'd love to spoon a very tiny drop on an exacto knife of PVA, and wick the end tip of the threads on the feathering spindle. 'Nuff said here, I just need a new giant fat bottle of Elmer's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by qpalzm View Post
I couldn't help myself and picked up a BnF Nano on Black Friday. I plan to get the HK DSM2/DSMX module for my 9x once it is back in stock to use as my main controller. The Nano just arrived and is sitting on my shelf tempting me. I got the BnF to avoid getting another transmitter but I've decided I can't wait for HK to get the module in stock and then ship it out. They had a problem with the first batch which I assume has delayed supply and also holiday delivery will probably delay things further. In hind sight I should have just gotten the RTF so I could use the Nano now (and BnF mCP X that's on its way ) but it's too late.

So... my question is what cheap TX should I get to use with the Nano and mCP X, keeping in mind that I will hopefully soon have a proper programable TX? I see that the DX5e is $59.99 and the DX4e is $69.99. http://www.bladehelis.com/Products/D...ickAccessories
What is the difference between the DX5e and DX4e? I'm confused because the DX5e looks a little better but is actually a little cheaper. Are there any other cheap TXs that will work? Where is a good place to get one? eBay?

Unfortunately I don't know anyone who can temporarily lend me a TX and craigslist doesn't have anything.

Thanks
The Tx/ radio is tantamount and more important than any heli, in wish we all want to bind it upon. I got me the cheapest Specturn radio, and it took me 2 months to save up.

Trust me - it's worth it!
dragnse7en is offline Find More Posts by dragnse7en
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:06 PM
Team WarpSquad
Daryoon's Avatar
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,435 Posts
I say keep an eye on Craigslist for a used DX6i. I see it pop up frequent enough for an average of $100. Sometimes $80. Sometimes $120. $100 is more common.

The DX5e is the better radio. I believe there is a hidden way to enable expo that the DX4e can't do.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 03:14 PM
Registered User
dragnse7en's Avatar
United States, MA, Northampton
Joined Jan 2009
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
I say keep an eye on Craigslist for a used DX6i. I see it pop up frequent enough for an average of $100. Sometimes $80. Sometimes $120. $100 is more common.

The DX5e is the better radio. I believe there is a hidden way to enable expo that the DX4e can't do.
+1 to that, Daryl
dragnse7en is offline Find More Posts by dragnse7en
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:34 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
3,066 Posts
Agreed the DX5e is definitely better than the 4e. I don't understand their pricing system. The DX5e basically "feels" the same as the DX6i, except it can only remember the settings for one plane at a time. It also has a folding antenna, which probably doesn't mean much for helicopters because they are always fairly close, but I wouldn't want to try flying a sailplane 2000 feet away with a DX4e.

Even though I now use a DX6i, I still value the DX5e because it makes a perfect buddy box, and if the 6i ever craps out, it would be a very dependable backup.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 01, 2012, 04:41 PM
Registered User
dragnse7en's Avatar
United States, MA, Northampton
Joined Jan 2009
131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx View Post
Agreed the DX5e is definitely better than the 4e. I don't understand their pricing system. The DX5e basically "feels" the same as the DX6i, except it can only remember the settings for one plane at a time. It also has a folding antenna, which probably doesn't mean much for helicopters because they are always fairly close, but I wouldn't want to try flying a sailplane 2000 feet away with a DX4e.

Even though I now use a DX6i, I still value the DX5e because it makes a perfect buddy box, and if the 6i ever craps out, it would be a very dependable backup.
I understand what you're both saying. Not to be mean. or contradict - but -
the bottom line is a digital computer radio. I know the economy hasn't been the best these days, but anything is better than that PS2/3 controller that my RTF mSR X came with.

Apple VS apples with DX4 series and the Specturm 5 series, for both your cases, but it's better than an amateur radio!
dragnse7en is offline Find More Posts by dragnse7en
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cool Walkera MiNi CP - Smallest 100 sized 3D helicopter zadaw Micro Helis 5662 Oct 12, 2014 11:45 AM
Discussion is there anything better than mcpx v2 at same or smaller size? Legendary_Agent 3D Electric Heli Flying 33 Feb 24, 2012 08:46 PM
Question Whatís Better than a Blade CP and Smaller than a Trex? HavingFun2002 Micro Helis 74 Mar 05, 2006 05:07 PM