HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:51 PM
Addicted
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2011
1,033 Posts
Mine still binds without touching the stick! On a DX7s.
Sixinarow is offline Find More Posts by Sixinarow
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:00 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,075 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixinarow View Post
Mine still binds without touching the stick! On a DX7s.
Yeah it will, but I think there's two things going on there...

1. Your radio may be calibrated slightly to the right of what nCPX expects, so it really does "think" you moved right.

2. It's just binding in whatever mode it was left in before

Since you've always used your radio, it works the same every time. Deliberately bind it wrong once and see if it switches back when you bind it with stick centered... that should answer that
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:08 PM
Tossing planes into the snow
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,705 Posts
Guess I'll throw my 2 cents in here. With the RTF radio, and the DX4e that came with my MCPx, you have to hold the stick to the left as part of the binding process.

With the DX5e, DX6i, and up, there is a dedicated "bind" switch so the sticks are left at center.
Jovanx is offline Find More Posts by Jovanx
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:33 PM
Chad deQuevedo of Olyphant, PA
United States, PA, Olyphant
Joined Aug 2012
488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
The RTF (DX4e) transmitter is consider a non computer radio.

So you would move rudder to the LEFT as stated in the manual you linked to. Thanks for that. wnppmy should read that section for clarity.
Ah, in the original post he said the BNF was giving the problems but not the RTF. I read BNF and immediately thought computerized radio and not what version of the heli he bought. My bad.
Micubano is offline Find More Posts by Micubano
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I Finally Flew the Goblin 500
Old Nov 28, 2012, 05:34 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,623 Posts
Two hours of free time, just me and the dog.... No interference to contend with from home Indoor Heli Haters.

Wonder how many flights I can do indoors in two hours.....
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:07 PM
Denver
Joined Mar 2004
392 Posts
Wag!

I have a new NCPX flew really well for a couple of weeks.
No real serious crashes. Developed this really irritating wag.
I did the grommet mod, I replaced the main motor, the tail motor, the spindle, and the main shaft. Replaced the blades still no better.
Flying it with a DX6i
Any suggestions?
vrex is offline Find More Posts by vrex
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:23 PM
United States, MA, Northampton
Joined Jan 2009
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovanx View Post
Guess I'll throw my 2 cents in here. With the RTF radio, and the DX4e that came with my MCPx, you have to hold the stick to the left as part of the binding process.

With the DX5e, DX6i, and up, there is a dedicated "bind" switch so the sticks are left at center.
On my DX6i, all I need to do is:

1. Plug in the flight battery in the heli.
2. Wait and watch for the rapid blue blinking LED on the heli.
3. Hold the trainer toggle switch and then turn on the radio.
4. Successful binding is complete when the blue LED on the heli turns off, and the radio beeps and displays the word BIND on the screen. Then, I'd let go of the trainer toggle switch.
5. Time to hit the timer switch and fly!
dragnse7en is offline Find More Posts by dragnse7en
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:25 PM
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnse7en View Post
On my DX6i, all I need to do is:

1. Plug in the flight battery in the heli.
2. Wait and watch for the rapid blue blinking LED.
3. Hold the trainer toggle switch and then turn on the radio.
4. Successful binding is complete when the blue LED on the heli turns off, and the radio beeps and displays the word BIND on the screen. Then, I'd let go of the trainer toggle switch.
5. Time to hit the timer switch and fly!
Correct. With the RTF radio and the DX4e, you need to hold the throttle stick to the left, but with the higher end radios, the instructions you have given will do it.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:33 PM
Joined Jan 2009
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrex View Post
I have a new NCPX flew really well for a couple of weeks.
No real serious crashes. Developed this really irritating wag.
I did the grommet mod, I replaced the main motor, the tail motor, the spindle, and the main shaft. Replaced the blades still no better.
Flying it with a DX6i
Any suggestions?
On the heli:
1. Check out the tail motor, see if it's square with the main frame? (Looking at it from the back of the bird)
2. Check the blade tracking of the tail rotor blades?
3. J. Salt's ebook I have says that although rare, the motor shaft can get bent on the tail motor. Pull off the rotor blades, and test the tail out under power, and check to see if the shaft wobbles. If you have trouble seeing it, you can mark the tip w/ a sharpie marker.

On the radio:
Check and see if the TRAV ADJ settings for the rudder is 100% both ways, by moving the left stick left and right. You''ll see an arrow pointing left or right, and what that setting indicates.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:36 PM
Joined Jan 2009
127 Posts
Quote:
Correct. With the RTF radio and the DX4e, you need to hold the throttle stick to the left, but with the higher end radios, the instructions you have given will do it.
Someone said hold it to the right. Could you try and replicate what he did when you've got the time, and see if you get a false bind?
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:48 PM
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnse7en View Post
Someone said hold it to the right. Could you try and replicate what he did when you've got the time, and see if you get a false bind?
It's definitely to the left. Pushing it to the right would be ergonomically more difficult. Holding the throttle switch left on the low-end radios performs the same function as the dedicated trainer switch does on the high end radios.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:37 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,075 Posts
Quote:
It's definitely to the left. Pushing it to the right would be ergonomically more difficult. Holding the throttle switch left on the low-end radios performs the same function as the dedicated trainer switch does on the high end radios.
Watch the video... I had to hold the stick to the right to get it to work correctly. However when i bind it again, i didn't have to hold the stick. That's why I was thinking maybe it remembers the mode from before if you don't indicate one by moving the stick.

Blade Nano CPX Consumer Review and Flight Test (12 min 33 sec)
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:41 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Two hours of free time, just me and the dog.... No interference to contend with from home Indoor Heli Haters.

Wonder how many flights I can do indoors in two hours.....
Shoot for 20+. I did that two weeks ago when flying my Nanos/MSRXs outdoors for 2 hours. I typically fly to 4 minutes and then bring it in to land.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:57 PM
Canada, BC, Smithers
Joined Nov 2011
2,705 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Watch the video... I had to hold the stick to the right to get it to work correctly. However when i bind it again, i didn't have to hold the stick. That's why I was thinking maybe it remembers the mode from before if you don't indicate one by moving the stick.
Mmm yes I see what you mean. I don't have mine yet, but was making the assumption that the binding procedure would be the same as my other helis and micro planes. That is the first time hearing about holding the stick to the right.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:20 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,623 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Shoot for 20+. I did that two weeks ago when flying my Nanos/MSRXs outdoors for 2 hours. I typically fly to 4 minutes and then bring it in to land.
Only had 3 Batts charged.

Flew one inside and it was acting a little darty at times. Ended up putting a nice one inch slice through a lamp shade. Good thing nobody saw that one!

Got to looking at why the tailrotor kept tilting up. Found the already split boom had cracked loose again about 3/8" from the frame, was flexing all directions. Thin CA'd that and hit it with Kicker and was all good again.

Then I remembered the garage was empty, so took it out in the cold for two flights. Shot vid of just hovering around and messing with it, seeing how the new radio settings were feeling. Wanted to Flip it bad, but if I missed controlling it on an exit, lots of things there to break it in the cold temps. Hadn't done Flips outside for over a week and a half, so didn't feel secure with that idea in a tight space just yet.

Can't upload vids, my YouTube account/channel links broke. Had to email support and now the waiting...
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer