HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2012, 06:45 PM
United States, PA, Reading
Joined Mar 2009
482 Posts
Here's a couple of my new fuses for the NCPX. The gold one is called Stiletto and the purple is Scimitar
tippytoe is offline Find More Posts by tippytoe
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2012, 08:36 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Jul 2009
3 Posts
I tried looking through this thread, but, too many pages. Does the MSR X canopy fit the nano? i really like this red and chrome scheme and it looks very similar to the nano canopy.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...msr-x-BLH3218R
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...n-msrx-BLH3218
weesss is offline Find More Posts by weesss
Old Nov 28, 2012, 12:55 AM
Joined Aug 2009
4,983 Posts
I think the reason Blade (HH) doesn't offer just the individual Tail Boom or Tail Motor as separate parts, and only offer them as a complete Tail Boom Assy is for customer convenience. I vaguely remember a few years ago a someone from HH posted in the mSR thread that if the Tail Boom and Tail Motor were sold separately, then HH would experience problems providing customer support to irate customers having problems feeding the wires through the Tail Boom, soldering and heat shrinking. I believe Blade/HH's Standard Operating Procedure is to only offer Plug-and-Play parts that can be installed in the field using nothing more than the provided tools.
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Last edited by i812; Nov 28, 2012 at 01:22 AM. Reason: clarification
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:12 AM
Slow Flyer
sterling, Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
1,051 Posts
Has anyone had issues, received bnf but refused to hover, original rtf zero issues, defective?
wnppmy is offline Find More Posts by wnppmy
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:06 AM
United States, MA, Northampton
Joined Jan 2009
127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ls Thumbs View Post
Nano gear is identical to MSR gear.
2nd that - they're the same part and part# from Blade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
Once again, I'm not an ME, and haven't given it much thought or discussion; however, from a first glance, it appears to me the only possible forces that the Tail Boom can experience is:

compression
expansion
bending
rotation

I'm guessing of all 4 different equally likely possible orientations, the bending force would be the most significant because of the "lever" effect (i.e. a small force perpendicular to a long lever can result in a large effective torque at the pivot (stress) point).

As for the comparison of round vs square cross-section being equivalent to splitting hairs, I doubt it. If a person does the paper experiment described in the above post, it will become very apparent there is a significant structural difference between the two shapes given the exact same amount of material. A person can also verify the difference in strength mathematically by plugging into the well accepted (and confirmed) engineering equations which can be and were derived from basic principles.

My purpose isn't to argue and insist I'm correct, but to be aware of the best choice and why. If it is free or costs the same, I always would like to choose the best.

I enjoy when someone is able to teach me a better way.
An equilateral triangle is stronger than anything listed above. Too bad no one makes hollow triangle-shaped rods though!
dragnse7en is offline Find More Posts by dragnse7en
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:41 AM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,010 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnppmy View Post
Has anyone had issues, received bnf but refused to hover, original rtf zero issues, defective?
Not sure if the same problem but I had a Nano that refused to hover and would just shoot off and any direction. Tryed everything to fix and sent it to HH for repair.
Got a note yesterday that it has been repaired and shipped. They didn't say what was fixed, but I will let you know when I get it back.
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined Jan 2009
127 Posts
Quote:
No problems here. I'm buying a 2nd nCP X BNF, so I'll watch out for that after I go through my set-up checklist with the thing and fly it.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:30 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
If it refuses to hover then most likely it has too much negative pitch, a loose main shaft or a bad motor.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:35 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,677 Posts
Quote:
Nope. Bought two BNFs from HH via Amazon and they both are great.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:54 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,191 Posts
Quote:
Refuse to hover or refuse to lift off?

If it fails to lift off, did you do the bind procedure correctly with the RTF transmitter?

I believe you need to hold the rudder stick to the LEFT during the bind sequence. Check your manual for exact instructions.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:58 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weesss View Post
I tried looking through this thread, but, too many pages. Does the MSR X canopy fit the nano? i really like this red and chrome scheme and it looks very similar to the nano canopy.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...msr-x-BLH3218R
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...n-msrx-BLH3218
Not out of the package. If you relocate the holes, yes. The new holes will be very near the old holes. So it might be a point of failure.

Mounting the mSRX so that the RX board clears the canopy, the mSRX nose is longer than the Nano canopy half a cm or so.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:13 PM
Chad deQuevedo of Olyphant, PA
United States, PA, Olyphant
Joined Aug 2012
542 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Refuse to hover or refuse to lift off?

If it fails to lift off, did you do the bind procedure correctly with the RTF transmitter?

I believe you need to hold the rudder stick to the LEFT during the bind sequence. Check your manual for exact instructions.
You have to hold the rudder stick right when binding. If you don't the blue light will blink like the lipo is low and you will have some movement that will make you think that you have bound it, but no throttle. I thought mine was broken until I decided to read the manual closer. Page 7 at http://www.bladehelis.com/ProdInfo/F...300-Manual.pdf for those of you looking for it.
Micubano is offline Find More Posts by Micubano
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:54 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,191 Posts
The RTF (DX4e) transmitter is consider a non computer radio.

So you would move rudder to the LEFT as stated in the manual you linked to. Thanks for that. wnppmy should read that section for clarity.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:55 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micubano View Post
You have to hold the rudder stick right when binding. If you don't the blue light will blink like the lipo is low and you will have some movement that will make you think that you have bound it, but no throttle. I thought mine was broken until I decided to read the manual closer. Page 7 at http://www.bladehelis.com/ProdInfo/F...300-Manual.pdf for those of you looking for it.
The RTF version uses the built in curves and so you need to hold the stick left as mentioned before. If using a radio with programmable curves, hold the stick to the right.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:48 PM
Joined Jan 2009
127 Posts
The radios that come w/ the Blade FP helis are a good start, but I got tired of the plain jane simple setup, and dropped down the loot for my DX6i.

IMHO, before I got into the CP scene, I knew that the radio is actually more important than the heli itself, but that's just my view on things. I'd imagine it being somewhat frustrating to fly any CP bird w/o being able to adjust D/R & EXPO, TH & PTCH curves, and so on.

Example (not on a CP) -

I'd try and hold a hover w/ my mSR X's RTF controller, and although not impossible, I had to be on the sticks constantly.

Now, with my DX6i, I can actually take my hands off the sticks and watch it hover, go grab a cup of coffee, come back, and resume flight! j/k - but I really can take my hands off the sticks and it will stay put

It is apples VS oranges though, and I see that it's a huge difference.

I've got Blade's mSR X DX6i settings for those that can't find it and want it - PM me