HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:46 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santley View Post
Did you check if the main drive gear has dropped down? There would be slop in the shaft.
Yeah i have done that
Pitch curve
LOW 25% 50% 75% high 40%50% 65% 80% 100% EXPO INH

throttle LOW 25% 50% 75% High 0% 40% 60% 80% 100% expo INH

Mal
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 06:56 PM
Joined Feb 2007
534 Posts
how many flips do most of you get before running out of power? I finally got blackflip technique down and did 6 or so in a row (across a couple batteries). About the 4th flip I'm out of pos. collective power. I had on a 6" tailboom (solid 1.8mm) along with V911 tail motor, and V911 canopy, so a little weight added. 2 batteries came with it about 2 months ago, my 3rd is from months ago and is noticeably weaker. On 2nd motor and think it is OK.

Makes me debate adding any aluminum parts, but not sure if they add much weight. Rakon shows rotor head only adds .01 grams. Not sure about grips and swashplate. Haven't broke rotor head, but have broke 1 grip and swash arms.
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:36 PM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,459 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushal_22 View Post
Yeah i have done that
Pitch curve
LOW 25% 50% 75% high 40%50% 65% 80% 100% EXPO INH

throttle LOW 25% 50% 75% High 0% 40% 60% 80% 100% expo INH

Mal
I think you answered your own question in that you have set it with no expo where 30-50% expo is common. Setting the D/R to have less range doesn't make it less twitchy at center.
In fact I'd have a hard time not overlapping elv into ail or ail into elv with any movement of the stick.
Start with 30% expo and go from there.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:05 PM
Go small or go home
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,458 Posts
I don't know about the other transmitters, but on the dx6i there is no expo for pitch/throttle curves. Expo only applies to aileron, elevator and rudder. Not pitch or throttle.
ruzam is offline Find More Posts by ruzam
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:16 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpconard View Post
how many flips do most of you get before running out of power? I finally got blackflip technique down and did 6 or so in a row (across a couple batteries). About the 4th flip I'm out of pos. collective power. I had on a 6" tailboom (solid 1.8mm) along with V911 tail motor, and V911 canopy, so a little weight added. 2 batteries came with it about 2 months ago, my 3rd is from months ago and is noticeably weaker. On 2nd motor and think it is OK.

Makes me debate adding any aluminum parts, but not sure if they add much weight. Rakon shows rotor head only adds .01 grams. Not sure about grips and swashplate. Haven't broke rotor head, but have broke 1 grip and swash arms.
I get 2.5-3 minutes of constant flipping on a stock nano.
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:19 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzam View Post
I don't know about the other transmitters, but on the dx6i there is no expo for pitch/throttle curves. Expo only applies to aileron, elevator and rudder. Not pitch or throttle.
I thought the dx6I had pitch expo...the other tx's do(8,10,18).
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Nov 20, 2012 at 12:51 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:20 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Sep 2004
96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Yeah, there's an app for that.

Joel
Quote:
That's exactly what you can do with the throttle/pitch curves.. Instead of a linear set of numbers, 0/25/50/75/100, just set them more gradually at first, then ramp it up.. 0/15/30/60/100
Jam-ehz is offline Find More Posts by Jam-ehz
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:35 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushal_22 View Post
I am having problems with my Nano getting up off the ground and into a hover and also wanting to drop drastically in a turn or when flaring to stop FF i have checked the Obvious things i will be looking at the main shaft to see if that is bent

Mal
if your main shaft has no slop then my bet would be that you don't have 0 pitch at center stick and instead have negative pitch.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Nov 19, 2012, 08:50 PM
Joined Feb 2007
534 Posts
Thanks, I'll go pick up a battery tomorrow see if it helps. Hope my 2nd motor is not going out. Went over it, put back on stock tail boom, original canopy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:28 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
So my 2.5-3 Min. in the 50F temps is normal then. I was doing about 5-6 flips and then some faster circuits.

Just got some good bearing oil at the LHS 45 miles away on the way home from the big city tonight. It's a hypo oiler so was really nice to pinpoint a two small drops on the main shaft bearings and the motor bottom and the Swash area. Can't wait to try it out and see how she does.

Ok, understand on the 300X frame issue. I read that awhile back when I was heavily following the 300X thread.

I removed my tailboom this AM and tonight got it straightened and thin CA'd and reinstalled. Everything looks totally good to fly again now. Just need some time.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:21 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,822 Posts
Has anybody put a tach on the Nano to see what their headspeed is at various throttle positions? I was comparing my Nano to another one tonight and I noticed what appeared to be a higher pitch from the motor of the second one when it was flying. Same transmitter & settings for both. Just wondering whether my head speed is just lower somehow. :/
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 19, 2012, 10:58 PM
MCX2..120SR..NCPX..MQX..D X7s
United States, OR, Salem
Joined May 2012
45 Posts
Packing up my 30 day old Nano to send it back to HH. She flew fine until yesterday when suddenly she would not link up to my DX6i. Tried it all with no joy.
No clue as to why as the only damage incurred was a broken tail boom 2 weeks ago. Here's hoping that HH will do me a solid...
23DM is offline Find More Posts by 23DM
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:02 AM
You are a "go" for reentry
High Orbit.....
Joined Jun 2009
6,459 Posts
Quote:
Sorry my stupid... your correct. I read what he wrote but was thinking unstable needed more expo on his 3 axis forgetting he posted the pitch/throttle.

I've been reading the various concerns about this heli being twitchy unstable and not being a great heli pilot having really only 3 years on an Align 450, I find the opposite; its very predictable but certainly not hands off.

I've lost count of how many flights I've done throughout the house for the past month but there are times I can even let go of the sticks with little drift. This does need more collective control handling I find and with my 9503 I have 5 throttle/pitch curves and all axis throttle mix to help. But the moment I whack it into something, any precise settings gets changed.

So you just have to fly the thing with a good manual feel for collective input.
Some mention trouble on takeoff... the down pitch in norm pushes it around at odd angles. So I'm quicker to spool up at mid stick where the blades are neutral. After that it feathers off the ground quite stably.
Maxthrottle is offline Find More Posts by Maxthrottle
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:07 AM
United States, TN, Johnson City
Joined Oct 2011
145 Posts
Here some crappy vids of my mild and wild brushless nanos. On the mild setup Iuse hyperion 180mah batteries and a 75% flat throttle curve. On the wild setup I use 240mah hyperion betteries and the mcpx tail boom with a 75% flat throttle curve. Sorry about the bad quality.

Brushless nano cpx wild (1 min 38 sec)
Milf Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Milf Hunter
Last edited by Milf Hunter; Nov 20, 2012 at 12:21 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 12:30 AM
United States, TN, Johnson City
Joined Oct 2011
145 Posts
Brushless nano cpx mild (1 min 52 sec)

Nano cpx brushless mild vid#2 (1 min 31 sec)
Milf Hunter is offline Find More Posts by Milf Hunter