HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:33 PM
Luck is my skill
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Jun 2009
1,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchking View Post
Received my Nano today from Miracle-Mart (Excellent service, prices, and free shipping). What do I think of my new Nano after 2 flights?

WOWWW

Is this what I've been missing out on by buying Walkera? I own both the Genius CP and Mini CP, and I've always thought the Mini CP as extremely smooth, stable, and durable. When the Deviation TX firmware came out I decided to buy a Nano and try it out with my Devo 6. Now that I've flown my Nano, I can honestly say that this Heli is MILES ahead of both the Mini CP and Genius. I usually fly in my room which is about 16x16 and I can comfortably fly my Nano around as if I'm flying my V911, yes its that stable. Unlike my Mini, it hovers hands off for 5-10 seconds right out of the box without any trouble at all. Now I just hope the motor on it doesn't prematurely die

Here's some new pics of my nano along with a size comparison between the Nano, Mini CP, and V120D02S V2.
Thanks for this post, I've been thinking about getting a Walkera again (last one I had was a 4#3b) and glad this post is helping me out of the purchase.

Though this addiction might take OVER AND THAN I HAVE TO PURCHSE A WALKERA AGAIN WITH A NINE-EAGLES AND THE ALIGN 100s ... GRRRR COFFEE!!!!!
queadlunnrau is offline Find More Posts by queadlunnrau
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:52 PM
Denver
Joined Mar 2004
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixinarow View Post
They must have sold out by the time I Googled them. Interesting. Any idea on cost? I'm on the "email when available" list.
I responded to an email from them it had been in the inbox for 2 hours and they where already out:
vrex is offline Find More Posts by vrex
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:11 PM
Joined Aug 2012
546 Posts
new case
Greg Head is offline Find More Posts by Greg Head
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:41 PM
Fighting Gravity
USA, PA, Red Lion
Joined Sep 2005
188 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchking View Post
On another note, it looks like Astroid Designs restocked on the brushless kits.
Got the email when I got home from work..... sold out.
email list again....
elgecko is offline Find More Posts by elgecko
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:32 PM
Joined Jan 2009
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgecko View Post
Got the email when I got home from work..... sold out.
email list again....
Dylan has made spares for poeple who already had some parts. So you can actually order all the parts separately and still complete your kit
Teckos is offline Find More Posts by Teckos
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:50 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Oct 2012
76 Posts
Is it difficult to install it?
Changing parts is the only experience I have with changing stuff on any heli...
Is it just a matter of replacing the motor or do you really have to change wires and circuits and stuff like that?
Passero is offline Find More Posts by Passero
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:27 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
You have to solder a bit...3 points on the motor 4 points for battery (6 if you rewire to give power to esc before board) and one signal point. The connection point for the signal tap on the front of the rx is small but not micro like the signal spot on the back of the rx

Then you have to cut the frame a little and glue the carbon supports in.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:01 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
I missed the Mild's too. Got to my email two hours after it was sent... Had the cash too. I'll catch them on the next batch, I hope.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:52 PM
Joined Oct 2012
11 Posts
I just got this bird with a new DX7s. I'm still trying to learn the radio and how to make adjustments. Mean while, I'm looking to find and download a preset file. The spektrum web site don't have a file for this bird. Can anyone point me in the right directions to get one?
Chaplin is offline Find More Posts by Chaplin
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:20 PM
Don't tell me, I overdid it.
Joined Oct 2010
38 Posts
I don't have a 7.

I looked for a bit, and couldn't find one. I don't use their files. (Little paranoid I guess)

I'd just punch it in myself, gotta get used to it sometime.
Number1BSArtist is offline Find More Posts by Number1BSArtist
Last edited by Number1BSArtist; Nov 15, 2012 at 10:41 PM. Reason: I'm a moron and finally understood what the question was.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:20 PM
Addicted
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2011
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplin View Post
I just got this bird with a new DX7s. I'm still trying to learn the radio and how to make adjustments. Mean while, I'm looking to find and download a preset file. The spektrum web site don't have a file for this bird. Can anyone point me in the right directions to get one?
Doing 3D? I'm not, yet. That said, I'm pretty happy with the specs in the Nano's manual.

The DX7S is easy to use.
Sixinarow is online now Find More Posts by Sixinarow
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:39 PM
Joined Oct 2012
11 Posts
Naw, no 3d yet, but hopefully down the road I will be. I would like to land it on the ceiling

I have not changed any setting in the DX7s yet. Not really sure how to go about doing that.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:50 PM
Addicted
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2011
1,172 Posts
The DX7S manual is pretty straightforward. If you like tutorials, like I do, search youtube for how-tos.

I love my Nano. Had it outside today practicing idle-up. Crashed and bent my feathering shaft.. Hobby shop visit tomorrow!
Sixinarow is online now Find More Posts by Sixinarow
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:38 PM
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
I think I've found the weak points (at least for me) : Landing gear and the spindle. Despite many HARD crashes, I've never bent the spindle on my mCPx and gone through 3 or 4 sets of LG in 18 months, but one week with the nano and I've already broken two sets of skids and had to straighten the spindle 3 times. Oh, and I'm thinking of fashioning replacement canopies from eggshells for greater durability. Of course, it may have something to do with the fact that I'm trying every stupid trick I can think of with this heli and beating it like a rented mule
BuzzBomber is offline Find More Posts by BuzzBomber
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:34 AM
Joined Oct 2012
11 Posts
What would be some good setting to slow this bird down. I need to work on the basics without crashing every 2 or 3 feet.