HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:09 PM
Joined Dec 2011
69 Posts
question about RTF transmitter

I've seen that the Nano CP X will be delivered with a 4 channel transmitter in the RTF package. And now I'm asking myself, how can this work?
How can 4 channels be sufficient to control a CP heli? I've read the manual of the nCP X but I don't understand the underlying functionality.

Could someone explain this to me?

Thank you!

Notker
H3liN00B is offline Find More Posts by H3liN00B
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:14 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
the board does the mixing same with the mcpx and 4 channel radio. BUT without at least a dx6i you are seriously limiting how you can setup and fly the heli
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:44 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Blade Nano CP X (What you get and test flight) (2 min 56 sec)

Definitely looks a bit more fingers on the sticks than the mcpx
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:10 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,024 Posts
It looks like you may need to larger bathroom
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:10 PM
Joined Dec 2011
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
the board does the mixing same with the mcpx and 4 channel radio. BUT without at least a dx6i you are seriously limiting how you can setup and fly the heli
Thanks for the answer. I imagined already that mixing of pitch and throttle must be performed within the heli's board. But how do you change flight mode (technically)? That's the mysterious thing I don't understand.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:12 PM
United States, MA, Sutton
Joined May 2012
38 Posts
WOW cheaper and looks better (in my opinion-especially with the blue-gray canopy). Would this be easier to fly than the mCP X 2? I have mastered mSR (not to be confused with mSR X).
Rabidmonkey234 is offline Find More Posts by Rabidmonkey234
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:31 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3liN00B View Post
Thanks for the answer. I imagined already that mixing of pitch and throttle must be performed within the heli's board. But how do you change flight mode (technically)? That's the mysterious thing I don't understand.
Since I do not own that tx I would imagine it is the actuate/ auxiliary on off Toggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
It looks like you may need to larger bathroom
LOL...I will still try!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:06 PM
Joined Aug 2009
5,024 Posts
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:43 PM
United States, TX, Belton
Joined Sep 2009
138 Posts
Tried on-line, but many of the places I called seem to be 'booked' with pre-orders...
HOWEVER, not to worry...I called my LHS (well, not super local...he's 15 minutes away ) He's gettin' 6 of em in. Got my name on one and I'm going to go pick it up in person, should be the 27th!!! YAY ME!!
PKM_Heliman is offline Find More Posts by PKM_Heliman
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:53 PM
Joined Oct 2008
308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by H3liN00B View Post
Horizon Hobby has a video out with the heli's designer that said you do it with the toggle on the top left of the dx4e tx. and that is the minimum controller, it does not use the one for the msr.
SeaDog-Chief is offline Find More Posts by SeaDog-Chief
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:35 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcTNz...layer_embedded

Definitely looks a bit more fingers on the sticks than the mcpx
either hes good at it or the tail DOSENT blow out?
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Sep 15, 2012, 02:23 AM
United Kingdom, Warks
Joined Oct 2010
170 Posts
note to horizon. i'll never buy one of your tiny helis again until you price replacement servos at a reasonable cost, ie about £7, or, in the likely event you continue to milk it for maximum profit, an acceptable alternative copy servo becomes available from elsewhere. im not paying £18 each time for fragile, cheap to produce service items that are guaranteed to need replacing after a short time
Anomalous is offline Find More Posts by Anomalous
Old Sep 15, 2012, 04:54 AM
Spain, CL, Valladolid
Joined Oct 2011
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anomalous View Post
note to horizon. i'll never buy one of your tiny helis again until you price replacement servos at a reasonable cost, ie about £7, or, in the likely event you continue to milk it for maximum profit, an acceptable alternative copy servo becomes available from elsewhere. im not paying £18 each time for fragile, cheap to produce service items that are guaranteed to need replacing after a short time
Nanoīs servo is $7.99.

I think that really very expensive part is the 3-in-1 ($64,99) and even the motors if we compare with another brushed motors.
flyerinside is offline Find More Posts by flyerinside
Old Sep 15, 2012, 04:56 AM
Spain, CL, Valladolid
Joined Oct 2011
203 Posts
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...rtf-BLH3300#t4
flyerinside is offline Find More Posts by flyerinside
Old Sep 15, 2012, 05:03 AM
Joined Dec 2011
69 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaDog-Chief View Post
Horizon Hobby has a video out with the heli's designer that said you do it with the toggle on the top left of the dx4e tx. and that is the minimum controller, it does not use the one for the msr.
Ok, but how does this work technically? Is there something like an additional "hidden" channel just for this switch? There is only one remaining channel to transfer the pitch signal to the heli and the throttle mixing is performed within the helis board. Because of this there is no way for any direct throttle control from the RC radio.

I'm really confused