Sorry double post
TonyTypeS is offline Find More Posts by TonyTypeS
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:19 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,954 Posts
Tony,

Enjoyed the clip. Excellent flying - as usual!

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:28 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Nice Flyin Tony! Makes me wish I got the Yellow tailblade now instead.....that or orange.

Here's mine tonight after installing the new Glo-In-The-Dark Skids and tailblade.

We tested the Glow by charging them with an LED lite and they do glow bright green. Wondering if the LED in the cab will make them glow? Not that I will be flying in the dark, but in parts of the house maybe somewhat. I just like the lighter/white looking skids for orientation.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:31 PM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
If you want them to really glow, shine a UV LED on them.
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:34 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Ls Thumbs View Post
If you want them to really glow, shine a UV LED on them.
Maybe I could mount one of those on my hat and point it at the Heli while I am flying and keep it Glowing!
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:37 PM
It flies!!! ... so who cares ?
Joined Mar 2009
9,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Maybe I could mount one of those on my hat and point it at the Heli while I am flying and keep it Glowing!
Install a blacklight LED under the heli ...
erdnuckel2 is online now Find More Posts by erdnuckel2
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: E2's canopy thread
Old Nov 05, 2012, 08:54 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
As soon as the wife jumps in the shower I'll find out if it glows in the living room.......
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:35 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
It depends upon where you live. If you're in the UK, Miniaviation's UM cells would be a good alternative to the Hyperions. I'm not sure if they have the 300+ cycle life of the Hyperions, though. The Turnigy 160 30c UM cell gets good reports on power & punch, but I'm not sure about their cycle life. I stick with the Hyperions, as I have had better luck with them than the others I've tried. I love their excellent voltage-holding ability under high loads, extremely flat discharge curve, and their 300 cycle lifespan at 5c charge.

Joel
At 5C charge for such a little lipo....and i can remmeber whan we were doing 1C and 15C Discharge thinking this was GGGGREEAAT! (Tony the Tiger)
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
Old Nov 06, 2012, 02:42 AM
Bathurst, NSW, Oztralia
Joined Mar 2011
230 Posts
So what's the verdict on this little bird? I was bitten with the msr x (2 birds with board failure...) and am a little wary.....
rooni79 is offline Find More Posts by rooni79
Old Nov 06, 2012, 07:41 AM
Joined Feb 2007
534 Posts
Awesome. Honestly, it couldn't be much better, my first flybarless, my first CP, flies great, pretty tough. Similar to msrx but you can go upside down. Guy at hobby town (when I got replacement motor), says he encourages people to the nano over the msrx.

Did some nice tight back loops at park, several in a row but couldn't keep them as clean when I got home in small yard, but I'm getting there.

Some minor issues, main motors, canopy a little weak, canopy pins a little weak, swash arms a little weak at a point, tail boom (if you crash on it), skids for some (I haven't broke yet). This is mostly just minor stuff, easily repair, newbie crash damage stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooni79 View Post
So what's the verdict on this little bird? I was bitten with the msr x (2 birds with board failure...) and am a little wary.....
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:15 AM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
What are the major differences betweent the Nano and the MCPx?
I also am thinking of getting an MSRx as a step between the MCX2 and the Nano CP x
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:16 AM
Inspired by the wings of an An
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rooni79 View Post
U/C is my only criticism but thats flying on a hard gym floor thats less forgiving even than a paved road. Canopies are a touch fragile but they are light. I reinforce mine now with a coating of UHU por applied with a finger. Surprised at how much it helps, I sure a thin coat of silicone sealant would also be really good, just go easy on how much you add
Andycap is offline Find More Posts by Andycap
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:48 AM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
I wonder if ShooGoo could be used for reinforcing the canopy. I used some epoxy with micro balloons in the nose to fix some cracks and reinforce.
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Nov 06, 2012, 10:21 AM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,073 Posts
What is UHU? Be sure a test the ShoeGoo it will eat some plastics and foam it a big no-no. Trust me I learned that the hard way on a Slow Stick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andycap View Post
U/C is my only criticism but thats flying on a hard gym floor thats less forgiving even than a paved road. Canopies are a touch fragile but they are light. I reinforce mine now with a coating of UHU por applied with a finger. Surprised at how much it helps, I sure a thin coat of silicone sealant would also be really good, just go easy on how much you add
Petrie is offline Find More Posts by Petrie