HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:18 PM
Fighting Gravity
USA, PA, Red Lion
Joined Sep 2005
188 Posts
Has anyone seen orange tail and main blades for this heli?
Answered my own question. Looked at Blades site. Just can not find them anywhere else yet....
elgecko is offline Find More Posts by elgecko
Last edited by elgecko; Nov 03, 2012 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Checked Blades site..
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:41 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeppley View Post
Thats just the mild kit. Those G-forces are doing pretty well. How many flights on that motor of yours? I'm also only charging the G-forces at .2 amps. The wild kit would definitely be too hot for the house and needs bigger lipos too. This baby needs to be house friendly for the LONG, cold, dark winter.
What's your Rates on Elevator/Aileron and your Pitch EPA?
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Nov 03, 2012, 10:52 PM
2 Turbos...Nope 1 Big one
United States, PA, Lake Wynonah
Joined Aug 2004
1,821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elgecko View Post
Has anyone seen orange tail and main blades for this heli?
Answered my own question. Looked at Blades site. Just can not find them anywhere else yet....
You can get the tail now, it's blh3603OR. Same as the MCPXV2.
skeppley is online now Find More Posts by skeppley
Old Nov 03, 2012, 11:04 PM
Orlando, Fl
Joined Jan 2008
1,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeppley View Post
Nice. Another guy flying those nice cheap lipos
The power on all of those little lipos drops off horribly in the cold.
However, in the warm house, those g forces have impressed me!
You just need to warm them up before you use them. I use a heating pad on med.
jhroof is offline Find More Posts by jhroof
Old Nov 04, 2012, 12:06 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,570 Posts
Blog posted on canopy post reinforcement...

Blade Nano CP X Canopy Post Reinforcement
Daryoon is offline Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Nov 04, 2012, 12:40 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
You just need to warm them up before you use them. I use a heating pad on med.
Or, just use better cells. It has been well-known for a number of years that the high-quality UM cells perform far, far better in the cold than the cheapies.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 04, 2012, 01:52 AM
Joined Feb 2007
545 Posts
Pics of mine with V911 canopy, 1.8mm cf rod with wire wrapped around boom (no cutting or soldering done), and paper clips with glued on grommets to replace right side canopy pins, just bent over to help reinforce left side and be in place if left side ones break.

Did first back flip in side yard today from only 10 ft. up, went back perfectly, hovered a sec. upside down (panic moment for me), then I just repeated and it came back around nicely. Had been trying rolls to right and hover upside down, but I can get it to go over easy enough but lose control. Straight back seems easier for me.
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Nov 04, 2012, 01:49 AM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Blog posted on canopy post reinforcement...

Blade Nano CP X Canopy Post Reinforcement
I use heat shrink and CA on the canopy pins as a preventive measure. Works well if the pin is not broken yet. I cracked my tail boom after a few crashes, repaired it with CA and some yellow heat shrink and it's lasted over 50 crashes now.
slo-fly is offline Find More Posts by slo-fly
Old Nov 04, 2012, 11:35 AM
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
Has anyone had any experience with a wobbling spur gear or bad main motor causing the nano to vibrate?
DemoMan2502 is offline Find More Posts by DemoMan2502
Old Nov 04, 2012, 12:21 PM
Go small or go home
Canada, SK, Regina
Joined Mar 2008
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboparker View Post
Or, just use better cells. It has been well-known for a number of years that the high-quality UM cells perform far, far better in the cold than the cheapies.
citation?
ruzam is offline Find More Posts by ruzam
Old Nov 04, 2012, 12:40 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passero View Post
My Hero!
Worked like a charm. I did it with my hands, no tubes but I could identify the problem. I didn't know that little plastic thinky was supposed to be glued on.
The gear is NOT glued on! Don't glue it on there! It's supposed to slip in a crash, to provide relief to the drive train, so you don't break the shaft or something. All the recent little micros are like that... it's a good design, contributing to the durability of the thing.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Nov 04, 2012, 12:44 PM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
The gear is NOT glued on! Don't glue it on there! It's supposed to slip in a crash, to provide relief to the drive train, so you don't break the shaft or something. All the recent little micros are like that... it's a good design, contributing to the durability of the thing.
All the recent UM helis are like that... except for the Nano.

It is glued on from the factory. HH recommends gluing it on.

FWIW, I pinned the main gear to the shaft on my MCPX. I expected something else to give as a result, but so far, nothing else has been affected. The only result has been lack of mainshaft play after I crash.

Mainshafts are cheap enough. Having a loose gear could cause a crash.
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Old Nov 04, 2012, 12:46 PM
Rocket Programmer
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2007
25,448 Posts
Good to know... mine doesn't seem to be glued on! I think I will leave it that way, I've put this heli through heck and back and it seems fine.
jasmine2501 is offline Find More Posts by jasmine2501
Old Nov 04, 2012, 12:56 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasmine2501 View Post
Good to know... mine doesn't seem to be glued on! I think I will leave it that way, I've put this heli through heck and back and it seems fine.
Both of mine were glued but like your line of thought i dont like the glue on it so the head slips during an impact. I actually removed the glue so everything takes less stress since the head slips. Similar to my first 120 size heli I always kept the shaft collar loose.

On walkeras you would notice right away that gears didnt strip anymore since the servos didnt get the crazy stress anymore since the head had an area to release force from the crash instead of putting it into the servos and/or body of the heli. So not glueing the collar so it can slip will definitely save parts of the heli in a hard crash
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Nov 04, 2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 12:59 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,161 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzam View Post
citation?
Many years of personal experience with using LiPos in cold wx. It's all about the internal resistance of the cells, which determines how well they hold voltage under load, and therefore how much power you get. High-quality, high-performance lipos have lower internal resistance at normal temps. That's why they you get more power, with less battery heat. As the internal cell temp drops, their internal resistance increases at a much lower rate than the low-quality cells. Therefore, they maintain voltage much better under load in cold wx.

Check the PZ Sukhoi XP & other 1s UM threads. You will find plenty of info regarding flying UM aircraft with exposed batteries in the winter. Many of us have been flying these UMs & testing UM batteries for a number of years already, so there is no need to reinvent the wheel.

For a number of years, Hyperion 160s were far superior to any other UM cells in the cold. Of course, they were also by far the best performers in normal temps. Many of us have flown in -15 F wx with them, and flight-times to the 80% discharge point are far better than the cheapies. The older Turnigy Nanos were useless in the cold, but then they had very poor performance in normal temps as well. The newer Turnigy 160 mAh 30c cells seem to perform similarly to the Hyp 160s in normal temps, so they may also fare much better in the cold than the old Nanos. The MA cells also perform similarly to the Hyps, so they may also be good choices for winter ops.

A number of us also made little LiPo blankets to keep the cells from cooling off so quickly in the air.

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member