HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 03, 2012, 04:40 PM
Kamloops
Joined Dec 2001
6,844 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritageflyer View Post
Yes turn the Shaft with the included tool.
Didn`t know that it came with one..Obviously it is in the bag with the blades and other parts. I will take a look and see if i can figure out which one the "Tool" is so i don`t feel like a "tool"

Mal
kushal_22 is offline Find More Posts by kushal_22
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:17 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Check out the cool thread that jlk69 found:

There's a picture of a Nano wearing a scale MD500 fuselage (from a Bravo SX). How cool!
Actually, MrMarc told me about the the thread.
jlk69 is online now Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:18 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Oct 2012
76 Posts
And yet another problem

After a few crashes it won't take-off anymore. It just gives enough lift to get a cm or so from the ground but not higher. I replaced the battery but that's definitely not the problem.

I also tried replacing the bladed but that's not it... Meanwhile I tested the feathering shaft but it does not seem bend. When I turn the shaft with one tool, the other blade just moves a very tiny little bit. If the shaft is bent, wouldn't that cause massive vibration instead? I don't have much vibration...

The main shaft also seems to be fine.

What else can I test?

When I put throttle to 100% the blades definitely seem to rotate fast enough. I would guess it's something to do with pitch but how to test and fix?

I just did another test... I put my throttle curve to 0% to see if the pitch responded correctly and it seems fine.

Don't know what to do or test now...
Passero is offline Find More Posts by Passero
Last edited by Passero; Nov 03, 2012 at 05:39 PM.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:43 PM
2 Turbos...Nope 1 Big one
United States, PA, Lake Wynonah
Joined Aug 2004
1,801 Posts
Did you make sure that the white main gear hasnt slipped down the shaft?
If you can pull up and down on the head, and the mainshaft moves up and down, your white main gear has slipped down, or the black collar on top of the frame has slipped up.
skeppley is offline Find More Posts by skeppley
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:44 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
11,954 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passero View Post
And yet another problem

After a few crashes it won't take-off anymore. It just gives enough lift to get a cm or so from the ground but not higher. I replaced the battery but that's definitely not the problem.

I also tried replacing the bladed but that's not it... Meanwhile I tested the feathering shaft but it does not seem bend. When I turn the shaft with one tool, the other blade just moves a very tiny little bit. If the shaft is bent, wouldn't that cause massive vibration instead? I don't have much vibration...

The main shaft also seems to be fine.

What else can I test?

When I put throttle to 100% the blades definitely seem to rotate fast enough. I would guess it's something to do with pitch but how to test and fix?

I just did another test... I put my throttle curve to 0% to see if the pitch responded correctly and it seems fine.

Don't know what to do or test now...
Check for vertical play in the main rotor assembly & be sure the main gear is fully-seated onto the mainshaft.

Joel
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:46 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Oct 2012
76 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeppley View Post
Did you make sure that the white main gear hasnt slipped down the shaft?
If you can pull up and down on the head, and the mainshaft moves up and down, your white main gear has slipped down, or the black collar on top of the frame has slipped up.
Yes I can pull it a few mm up and down. How do I move it back and fix it?
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:49 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kushal_22 View Post
Didn`t know that it came with one..Obviously it is in the bag with the blades and other parts. I will take a look and see if i can figure out which one the "Tool" is so i don`t feel like a "tool"

Mal
Yeah it's the little black twin capsule looking thingy's.
heritageflyer is offline Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:54 PM
Joined Aug 2004
1,801 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passero View Post
Yes I can pull it a few mm up and down. How do I move it back and fix it?
I use a small aluminum tube, similar to a plastic straw to push it up while also pushing down on the head at the same time.
If you wanna use your fingers, just remove the landing gear so that you can push up on the center of the gear and NOT on the edge of the gear, as it may flex and break out that far.

Here is a vid from before, notice the silver tube:
Nano Cpx mainshaft (1 min 4 sec)

I didnt use it their, but thats what i usually use
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:55 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Here's some boring flying inside and outside this afternoon. Had to reload some Windows OS, so nothing better to do than Fly! Worked on hovering, orientation and finally some Backflips. Guess my near nose in hovering outside in the breeze got cut off in the movie maker. Felt real good though. Was fun!

Flights 3-6, breaking in the new G-Force batts. This one is so much better than the mCPX on Durability and Stability. Tail is pretty good.

Batteries were falling off early in the 47į cold air. Broke the left side of the skid off in the grass on a long free-fall. Found it, Hot Glued. Got a spare set of skids coming. Think I may order an Airtime skid...

The more I fly it, the more I want a BL Low Speed Conversion.....

BLADE Nano CPX First Outdoor Flying (10 min 0 sec)
Old Nov 03, 2012, 05:59 PM
Joined Aug 2004
1,801 Posts
I also have a vid of the astroid brushless kit in action in the kitchen.
This is running a $1.69 Gforce lipo at nowhere near full power, only 68% throttle...gotta love brushless

Nano in the kitchen (3 min 34 sec)
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:04 PM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Oct 2012
76 Posts
Quote:
I use a small aluminum tube, similar to a plastic straw to push it up while also pushing down on the head at the same time.
If you wanna use your fingers, just remove the landing gear so that you can push up on the center of the gear and NOT on the edge of the gear, as it may flex and break out that far.
My Hero!
Worked like a charm. I did it with my hands, no tubes but I could identify the problem. I didn't know that little plastic thinky was supposed to be glued on.

It got lose in one of my very first crashed but it didn't move enough to bother. In my last crash it moved the main shaft a little more so the slip on the main gear got bigger so it wasn't able to get airborn.

Thanks!
Again a problem I can identify for my future crashes
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:10 PM
Joined Aug 2004
1,801 Posts
Quote:
Here's some boring flying inside and outside this afternoon. Had to reload some Windows OS, so nothing better to do than Fly! Worked on hovering, orientation and finally some Backflips. Guess my near nose in hovering outside in the breeze got cut off in the movie maker. Felt real good though. Was fun!

Flights 3-6, breaking in the new G-Force batts. This one is so much better than the mCPX on Durability and Stability. Tail is pretty good.

Batteries were falling off early in the 47į cold air. Broke the left side of the skid off in the grass on a long free-fall. Found it, Hot Glued. Got a spare set of skids coming. Think I may order an Airtime skid...

The more I fly it, the more I want a BL Low Speed Conversion.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPV1-SgSExw&feature=plcp
Nice. Another guy flying those nice cheap lipos
The power on all of those little lipos drops off horribly in the cold.
However, in the warm house, those g forces have impressed me!
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:16 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
Quote:
I also have a vid of the astroid brushless kit in action in the kitchen.
This is running a $1.69 Gforce lipo at nowhere near full power, only 68% throttle...gotta love brushless

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kuPudQKedw
NICE!

Is that the High Speed BL? Glad to see the Batt held up that well!

Hope I didn't get two bad ones out of the 4 I ordered. First two were good, 3 and 4 were weak. Also hope it is not the motor already acting up...
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:20 PM
Joined Aug 2004
1,801 Posts
Quote:
NICE!

Is that the High Speed BL? Glad to see the Batt held up that well!

Hope I didn't get two bad ones out of the 4 I ordered. First two were good, 3 and 4 were weak. Also hope it is not the motor already acting up...
Thats just the mild kit. Those G-forces are doing pretty well. How many flights on that motor of yours? I'm also only charging the G-forces at .2 amps. The wild kit would definitely be too hot for the house and needs bigger lipos too. This baby needs to be house friendly for the LONG, cold, dark winter.
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:46 PM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,891 Posts
I've only got 6 flights on the Heli.