SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 30, 2012, 05:10 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couchking View Post
Did you order a module for your 9x? I just flashed mine to er9x but I have no idea how to program my soon-to-arrive Nano with this new firmware. Do you have a model template you plan on using for the Nano?
Did you do the DSM2 mod? If not, you won't be able to bind to the Nano.

I am still tweaking my NCPX model, but would make it available if you wanna take a look at it.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:47 PM
Mini CP - Nano CPX - Devo 6
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Nov 2010
206 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Did you do the DSM2 mod? If not, you won't be able to bind to the Nano.

I am still tweaking my NCPX model, but would make it available if you wanna take a look at it.
I would really appreciate that, I think your model settings would give me a base to work with since I have no clue how to program anything in er9x. I haven't done the DSM2 mod, however I did order the new DSMX module hobby king is selling. Should arrive in a few weeks along with my Nano from MM, so I'll try tinkering with the settings then and see if I can get it flying smoothly.
Couchking is online now Find More Posts by Couchking
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:37 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,785 Posts
Let me rephrase my comment. I think the BL kit IS worth it, for exactly the reasons stated. I don't have the time for all those mods. And one of the reasons I bought the nano was to just fly a FBL CP heli that works, not to add another model to tinker with, I have enough of those. But my intention was that the casual flyer like myself may not benefit from the mod, and it's easy and cheap enough to replace the brushed motor, I only fly it maybe a few times a week, have a lot of other RC models to fly. I think I have one of those HK 12000Kv motors lying around I bought for a brushless Losi Micro DT I never got around to.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:45 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,369 Posts
If is was for a Losi my bet is what you have is an inrunner..not the correct motor. Also a lot heavier than the outrunner that was being referred to.

I think you should keep it brushed and buy my brushed motors
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:31 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,785 Posts
Great advice! I already have a new one I bought from a hobby shop when I was traveling. I have no good LHS near my house, not that has what I like anyway, no insult meant to the fine shops in my city. So when I go visit and browse I am compelled to buy SOMETHING, but I already have so much of everything, I have my own hobby shop, kind of a fulfillment of a childhood fantasy. So I ended up with a spare nano motor. It sits on a hook on my pegboard wall with the other blade items I have, ready to be plucked at will. I love it.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:28 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
One of my blade grips came flying off. I actualy found all the pieces! My question is when I tighten the nut on the feathering spindle, how tight do I want it? Is there supposed to be a certain amount of play? Or just tighten it up?
stuball56 is offline Find More Posts by stuball56
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:31 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,369 Posts
You want to tighten it until they start to get notchy then back off until they move freely without any binding
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:37 PM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
Thank you. I didnt think that I should torque it down, but wasn't sure just how to put it back together. Thanks again for the help.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:08 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2007
4,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brushless55 View Post
I'm having issues rebinding the stock radio to my Nano after flying with my DX6i
I do also with a DX7, following the manuals instructions. I have to re-bind like 40-70% of the time, depending on what day it is. Sorry, I haven't been keeping count, it is kind of erratic.
eagle777 is offline Find More Posts by eagle777
Old Oct 31, 2012, 01:36 AM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
I have tried many of the suggestions given. And what most of them did was to show me that it is pilot error and inexperience that is causing 99% of my problems. I really am starting to see how hard it is to learn on a CP heli. Also I should be doing this in a gymnasium or outside in no wind. In my basement or garage, while plenty of room for a good pilot, is way to small to learn in. I took it outside once, it was too windy but............. I had my longest flight yet. Unfortunately it "landed" 200 feet away. But It was a fun flight.
I am hoping I have more sucess with the MCX2 I am getting Friday. I am also hoping that learning on that heli will make this one (the Nano) a little friendlier to learn.
Last edited by stuball56; Oct 31, 2012 at 01:47 AM.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 04:16 AM
Joined Aug 2009
5,180 Posts
I use to post this for newbies having problems learning to fly mSR or CB100:

Quote:
Originally Posted by i812 View Post
I've posted this so many times already, what's one more time:

I recommend this training program:
  1. Hover in one spot
    1. Nose away
    2. Nose right
    3. Nose Left
    4. Nose towards
  2. Box Circuits
    1. CW Nose away
    2. CCW Nose away
    3. CW Nose right
    4. CCW Nose right
    5. CW Nose Left
    6. CCW Nose Left
    7. CW Nose towards
    8. CCW Nose towards
  3. Circles
    1. CW Follow the Nose
    2. CCW Follow the Nose
    3. CW Follow the Tail
    4. CCW Follow the Tail
  4. Flat Pie Plates?
    1. CW Box, Nose Center
    2. CCW Box, Nose Center
    3. CW Box, Nose Outer
    4. CCW Box, Nose Outer
    5. CW Circle, Nose Center
    6. CCW Circle, Nose Center
    7. CW Circle, Nose Outer
    8. CCW Circle, Nose Outer

Unless I had a lot of money to "burn", and a lot of "free" repair down time, I wouldn't try to fly fast without first mastering it SLOW, and I wouldn't try to fly slow, without first mastering stationary.

I think progressing using a well structured training program, may be cheaper, faster, and better than a wild anything goes approach.

I've been flying for about 2 years now, have recently started practicing flying inverted on the simulator, and I'm still using the above training procedure again, but this time it is with the heli "upside" down.

I think if a person masters taking slow baby steps, before taking fast big steps, then I wouldn't expect having to do extensive/expensive repairs.

Best wishes

Kung Fu Rice Paper FAIL (0 min 44 sec)
i812 is offline Find More Posts by i812
Old Oct 31, 2012, 07:19 AM
Time To Fly The Best!
Hills of Eastern Ohio
Joined Nov 2008
13,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle777 View Post
I do also with a DX7, following the manuals instructions. I have to re-bind like 40-70% of the time, depending on what day it is. Sorry, I haven't been keeping count, it is kind of erratic.
I've found if I just disconnect the batt again, wait 10 sec, Reconnect Batt, it usually Binds on the second or third try. My mCPX did the same thing....
heritageflyer is online now Find More Posts by heritageflyer
Old Oct 31, 2012, 08:49 AM
Fly, fix, repeat
Tampere, Finland
Joined Feb 2007
961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuball56 View Post
... I really am starting to see how hard it is to learn on a CP heli. ...
I am hoping I have more sucess with the MCX2 I am getting Friday. I am also hoping that learning on that heli will make this one (the Nano) a little friendlier to learn.
You don't learn much on a coaxial like the mcx2 that translates to CP flying except perhaps orientations. I would recommend an mSRx rather as a trainer. Tough, forgiving and you learn how to fly a single rotor heli properly, especially if you set up the throttle hold switch. A garage should be big enough for an mSRx.

The program i812 posted seems like a decent training program. I tried to follow RADD's flight training program, but some of it you just can't do with a submicro heli (the ground traing part).
oobly is offline Find More Posts by oobly
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:29 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Oct 2012
76 Posts
I know the nano is difficult but when you configure the controller (dx6i in my case) so for example set rudder, ail and elev to 60% or lower so you can start learning how it respons.

Train with that and then gradually increase the axis to 100%.

Isn't that also a good way to learn to fly the nano because otherwise it just moves frantically if you are moving away from a mcx2 and you're not used to a CP
Passero is offline Find More Posts by Passero
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:42 AM
Which way is up?
Michigan, USA
Joined Mar 2008
686 Posts
I would love to have a MSRx. I almost did get that one first, should have. I will more than likely get one very soon. Right now, it's maybe every 5th try I can get into a hover, keeping it there is another story. I did notice that my motor keeps slipping up, and the main gear slipped down, creating alot of play between the gear and bearing. I "fixed" these issues with a tiny dot of CA.
When the blades get banged up, does this contribute to unsteady flight? Can say, sandpaper be used to smooth out the dings?