Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:43 AM
United States, FL, Boynton Beach
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSlinkers View Post
I got a shipping notice from HH this morning that my preorder has shipped on the 10th with UPS trackin it will arrive on the 14th. I hope it will fly as well as the 130x I got last month. I may have got lucky with the 130x as other then checking the screws and some lube in the bearings it is the best heli I've ever flown. hope the nano is just as good. Both my mcpx's have done well for what they are. Never claimed to be a 3D heli so I didn't expect to much. Seems the nano is more 3D like the 130x but will find out at the end of the week. Anyone else got on on the way?.
I think the nano will be more like the mcpx with just a little more relative power to allow for aileron tic-tocs. I also pre-ordered mine but didn't get the shipping notice yet. Are you sure it wasn't a partial shipment for items that were already in stock that you ordered at the same time?
lkagan is offline Find More Posts by lkagan
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:52 AM
Joined Dec 2005
37 Posts
I edited my post after I posted this. It was a partial shipment but didn't see the last part of the notice. I thought they would ship it all together when the nano came in.
RMSlinkers is offline Find More Posts by RMSlinkers
Old Sep 11, 2012, 10:20 AM
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMSlinkers View Post
I edited my post after I posted this. It was a partial shipment but didn't see the last part of the notice. I thought they would ship it all together when the nano came in.
Yeah, same thing happened to me. Stupid partial order got me all excited. That's how I knew to point it out to you.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:20 AM
I did that on purpose.
Charlotte, NC
Joined Apr 2006
501 Posts
I would think HH could easily make a control board with a brushless controller. The airplane versions of the AS3X are brushless (and 2s capable). Adding in another FET for the 3 brushless leads is not likely to be hard.

It could easily be a software modification to go from brushed to brushless control - you just change how the FETs control current.

It would be a nice way to extend the MCPX life-cycle. A V3 brushless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMoron View Post
Oops, I must have looked at an mSR motor..

This makes a BL upgrade more realistic, assuming the nCPx will have a similar motor, but the spare parts list suggests something else. Could go in both directions.
cferrell is offline Find More Posts by cferrell
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:28 AM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
they easily could...but why now when it is cheaper to make brushed and they can sell you a brushless version later.
But for now you can get a dual output conversion board that after you cut the power wires off weighs around 2 grams. Which is only as much as my first esc/thesteve mcpx conversion...not bad for an additional converter/esc built in
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:30 PM
Joined Jan 2009
484 Posts
What batteries are you guys stocking up for this lovely bird?
Teckos is offline Find More Posts by Teckos
Old Sep 11, 2012, 02:21 PM
Joined Aug 2011
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckos View Post
Turnigy 160mah 30c.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 04:03 PM
Joined Jan 2009
484 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagan View Post
Turnigy 160mah 30c.
Sweet! I already use these for my umx 300 extra
Teckos is offline Find More Posts by Teckos
Old Sep 11, 2012, 07:52 PM
"Kneel before Zod!"
Tacoma, WA. USA
Joined Dec 2003
490 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teckos View Post
Miniaviation 190's.
turbovector is offline Find More Posts by turbovector
Old Sep 11, 2012, 08:08 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
I'm going with turnigys since you can get 20 for 30 bucks..and I already have 15 or so.
indoorheli is offline Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Sep 11, 2012, 09:53 PM
Fly more, bitch less.
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Nov 2010
366 Posts
just when I thought I was out of the heli game hh pulls me right back in with the n cpx.

ahhh, can't wait to get my hands on one!
noobiznessflying is offline Find More Posts by noobiznessflying
Old Sep 11, 2012, 11:10 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jul 2010
4,348 Posts
nanotech 160mah $1.30 a piece can buy 5 for the price of one thunderpower. MIght get a thunderpower just to compare.
Cheese5 is online now Find More Posts by Cheese5
Old Sep 12, 2012, 04:00 AM
Joined Oct 2008
2,603 Posts
Does any one think the nano is more of a gimmick ! will they be that much of a difference from the mcpx v2 ? and also if people have an mcpx is it worth spending the money on a brushless conversion than on the new ncpx . It just feels like a mixed bag of parts from there other micro helis .
dazzzer1 is offline Find More Posts by dazzzer1
Old Sep 12, 2012, 06:07 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzzer1 View Post
Does any one think the nano is more of a gimmick ! will they be that much of a difference from the mcpx v2 ? and also if people have an mcpx is it worth spending the money on a brushless conversion than on the new ncpx . It just feels like a mixed bag of parts from there other micro helis .
No, I think the mCPX will fade away gradually once the Nano CP is proven to be better. Everybody knows about the quirks of the mCPX: the occasional wobble, easy to break canopy pins, weak boom, and occasional motor bogging down and tail blowouts doing 3D. If these defects are sorted as Dave has claimed, I would say there is no point in buying a more expensive mCPX.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Sep 12, 2012, 06:17 AM
Gone Huckin'
Charlotte, NC
Joined Jan 2011
9,259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
No, I think the mCPX will fade away gradually once the Nano CP is proven to be better. Everybody knows about the quirks of the mCPX: the occasional wobble, easy to break canopy pins, weak boom, and occasional motor bogging down and tail blowouts doing 3D. If these defects are sorted as Dave has claimed, I would say there is no point in buying a more expensive mCPX.
I don't know if I'm there. I think, as someone mentioned before, that HH has a good opportunity to now introduce a brushless mCPx. It would be something between the mCPx and the 130x and personally I think this is a nice product offering.
turnerm is offline Find More Posts by turnerm