HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:21 AM
Joined Dec 2011
50 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpcoolahan View Post
Attachment 5164922

Attachment 5164923

Attachment 5164924well i got mine fired up today .
still got to finnish the build yet , but it works good so far.

Very nice. Can you please tell me how you secured the screen and receivers to the case?

Thanks
genrlst is offline Find More Posts by genrlst
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:32 AM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Oct 2008
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by genrlst View Post
Very nice. Can you please tell me how you secured the screen and receivers to the case?

Thanks
The screens surround is screwed to the back of the case , and the screen clips into the surround.
Recievers are also screwed in , the rest is velcro.
hpcoolahan is offline Find More Posts by hpcoolahan
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:03 AM
Joined Feb 2010
49 Posts
cyclops

can i use a 2 position switch for flying modes? thx (maby 2 2pos switches on my dx7?)
gvertical is offline Find More Posts by gvertical
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:13 AM
Joined Aug 2005
327 Posts
Review: Storm OSD -- Flight Testing (5 min 23 sec)
extraline is offline Find More Posts by extraline
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:17 PM
Joined Nov 2005
655 Posts
It would be nice to see a video from some one that is not sponsered by a company. Some one who doesnt get their osd for FREE
soulreaper is offline Find More Posts by soulreaper
Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:39 PM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Oct 2008
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvertical View Post
can i use a 2 position switch for flying modes? thx (maby 2 2pos switches on my dx7?)
OK you need a dial or 3PS to get all the flight modes , but ..........you can use a 2ps or momentory (trainer type) swich for the display mode.
If you use a 2PS for flight mode all you will have is off anf RTH......no PA
Cheers
Patrick
hpcoolahan is offline Find More Posts by hpcoolahan
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:41 PM
Dark Yet??
United States, VA, Narrows
Joined Dec 2009
1,498 Posts
Hey Extraline, you say the Storm will climb when RTH is engaged, does it have throttle control or did you just set the throttle in failsafe mode?
Barn-E-Stormer is offline Find More Posts by Barn-E-Stormer
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:05 PM
Joined Nov 2011
12 Posts
Storm OSD Gyro not working - gyro will not reset on setup

I just received a Storm OSD from BEVRC yesterday and set it up today. When I first set it up I tried to reset the gyro as per first start up instructions and have been unable to get through this procedure - it won't reset nor will it allow me to change screen etc. I left it for 10 minutes and still the gyro would not reset. If I turned the OSD off then on again I noticed the Pitch and roll values on the top right of the screen are both continuously changing and rolling through -180 to +180 for roll and -20 to +20 for pitch. It seems the gyro is not working properly. I have a friend who just bought one and his works fine and his gyro reset as well without problems. I have sent an email to BEVRC and will await instructions. I will soon find out how their customer service is - unfortunately.

Anyone know what I could do to rectify the problem?

Thanks for now

dzmann
dzmann is offline Find More Posts by dzmann
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:00 PM
RTFM
Antarctica
Joined Oct 2010
1,173 Posts
FPV Treff Enebakk 23 September (2 min 42 sec)
octane81 is online now Find More Posts by octane81
Last edited by octane81; Sep 23, 2012 at 02:11 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:14 PM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by octane81 View Post
I tried to watch on my phone, but it says the content owner, you, do not allow it to be viewed on mobile devices. What is the reason to make that restriction? Was this intentional?
iskess is offline Find More Posts by iskess
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:18 PM
RTFM
Antarctica
Joined Oct 2010
1,173 Posts
Might be because of the music ... it says it cant be played on mobile devices or tv's..
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:03 PM
FPV in Hawaii
Joined Feb 2012
2,275 Posts
Last edited by iskess; Sep 27, 2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 02:17 PM
RTFM
Antarctica
Joined Oct 2010
1,173 Posts
Anyway .. the OSD was working ok .. still needs a bit work on my side , trimming it better , and installing it 100% level inside the plane.
Im running a 3s battery for both motor and video, and i cant say 100% certain , but i think the osd has a mAh bug , just like the Nova.
I need to test again to be sure ...
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:50 PM
FPV in Hawaii
Joined Feb 2012
2,275 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by octane81 View Post
Anyway .. the OSD was working ok .. still needs a bit work on my side , trimming it better , and installing it 100% level inside the plane.
Im running a 3s battery for both motor and video, and i cant say 100% certain , but i think the osd has a mAh bug , just like the Nova.
I need to test again to be sure ...
So I take it, the Storm is very sensitive to being mounted perfectly level in both axis? Are there no settings to compensate for installation imperfections?

How about vibration isolation? The RVOSD is very sensitive to vibration and requires mounting on foam or suspended by rubber bands. Is the Storm the same in this regard?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 04:53 PM
Joined Aug 2012
61 Posts
I used the Storm OSD today for the first time in an AcroWOT Foam E as an OSD only test with 1.3ghz (with a LPF), Vee, and 2.4ghz FRSKY TFR6 Fasst RX.

This was my first venture into FPV and I can only say thank god for the Storm. The home direction was lifesaving, its amazing how every field looks like every other one.

Have now mounted for running the flight modes too and the RTH as a failsafe, so far am incredibly happy.

I found the MAH to be fairly accurate (based on new packs capacity and a post flight percentage check). Not scientific but seemed to be in the ballpark (+/- 4% ish)

Are there any updates planned on the OSD, GPS coordinates and an artificial horizon would be nice.
mawright89 is offline Find More Posts by mawright89