HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 30, 2012, 09:51 AM
Youtube: TomRi25
Croatia, City of Zagreb, Zagreb
Joined Aug 2010
711 Posts
extraline, are you gonna surprise us with new 1.3 fw soon?

happy new year to everyone
Dr.Tom is offline Find More Posts by Dr.Tom
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Dr.Tom; Dec 30, 2012 at 01:21 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2012, 06:51 PM
Joined Aug 2005
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Tom View Post
extraline, are you gonna surprise us with new 1.3 fw soon?

happy new year to everyone
yes
i think i need 1 week.
BTW the new PCB and plastic case almost finish
extraline is offline Find More Posts by extraline
Old Dec 30, 2012, 07:46 PM
United States, NM, Las Cruces
Joined Jun 2011
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by extraline View Post
yes
i think i need 1 week.
BTW the new PCB and plastic case almost finish
Sweet!
MIRV is offline Find More Posts by MIRV
Old Dec 31, 2012, 03:38 AM
FPV Dealer,Getting People High
United States, CA, Arcadia
Joined Sep 2011
1,104 Posts
Hey guys I'm having some issues with my Storm. I have it mounted in a wing. I wasn't able to put it right at the cg. Its placed forward the cg and just a bit to the right. When I initiate Pa mode it flutters up and down and and bobs side to side. I set the gains at 25 and 25 with the angles at 7 degrees. This helped but it still does the fluttering. I am also running the storm on another 4 channel plane and it works flawlessly.

Any ideas or do I have move it right at the cg.
Johnnymeg is online now Find More Posts by Johnnymeg
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:09 AM
Joined Aug 2010
711 Posts
did you try to reduce mechanical throws on your servo/aileron linkages? (mode link closer to servo on its arm and on top of aileron horn)

p.s. it doesn't matter if not correctly in cg...
in my X8 it is about 10cm to the right and 15cm back of cg, and works great.
it is more important the whole plane has right CG and is trimmed to level flight over servo linkages when sticks are in middle and no trims used.
and you calibrate middle points in osd menu after that.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:32 AM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
My storm crashed again today after a good run of about 10 flights with out a problem. This time the OSD froze and when I landed the plane I noticed that stabilization did not work at all. Lucky it didn't freeze the servo output as it did last time.

I am running two batteries, a 400mw transmitter and sony CCD camera. I have modified the GPS as instructed. Please see the video. The OSD freezes at 3:25.

Cyclops Storm OSD - Crashed midflight (6 min 0 sec)
Integratedneck is offline Find More Posts by Integratedneck
Old Dec 31, 2012, 06:12 AM
RTFM
Antarctica
Joined Oct 2010
1,176 Posts
It seems more reports are coming in with osd freezing. Luckily it doesnt freeze the servos
octane81 is offline Find More Posts by octane81
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:53 AM
Joined Mar 2012
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Integratedneck View Post
My storm crashed again today after a good run of about 10 flights with out a problem. This time the OSD froze and when I landed the plane I noticed that stabilization did not work at all. Lucky it didn't freeze the servo output as it did last time.

I am running two batteries, a 400mw transmitter and sony CCD camera. I have modified the GPS as instructed. Please see the video. The OSD freezes at 3:25.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jjq-VGdEcpw
Have you done the 2 wire ground mod?
mrracer98 is offline Find More Posts by mrracer98
Old Dec 31, 2012, 08:39 AM
United States, PA, Elizabethtown
Joined Jun 2012
13 Posts
Boy this Storm is really a piece of crap..........no way i would risk my plane with this. Glad i unloaded mine! Skylark rules!..........
Jimbofly is offline Find More Posts by Jimbofly
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:03 AM
Joined Aug 2012
61 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbofly View Post
Boy this Storm is really a piece of crap..........no way i would risk my plane with this. Glad i unloaded mine! Skylark rules!..........
Well done, another helpfull post..
mawright89 is offline Find More Posts by mawright89
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:41 AM
Romania, Europe
Joined Aug 2009
281 Posts
HEHEHEE, tipycally sales person all over the world.........
I#ve send quite a few mails to Bev and they always were wery quick to answer telling me to have patience and faith............until I've sayd to them that tommorow I could finally make a Paypal case complaint out of my order and get rid of this nightmare..........
I even give them a hand that states that IF I am willing to wait God know how much more for this already ,,troubled'' OSD, they suppose to redeem the 24 USD spent in vain for 5-10 days shipping to my BEV account, so I can spend them on another stuff from theyr website.......This I consider a gesture of good will from BEV because I did not choose FREE Shipping but 5-10 days shipping ....

So, from this request, BEV did not answer anymore...........LOL..........LOL.........LOL.
I guess that It was my first and last bussiness with BEV......

Happy New Year 2013 !!!
serjuro is offline Find More Posts by serjuro
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:46 AM
wwd
La Mesa, California
Joined Jan 2010
38 Posts
Hello,
do I have this straight. With my new unit I should do the rewire (page 47 #692) befor I even turn the unit on? I have two other dead units, do not want to afford a third one.

Dr Tom you said this made your unit rock solid. Is that still the way?

Thanks for time,
Wwd
wwd is offline Find More Posts by wwd
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:58 AM
Joined Aug 2010
711 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwd View Post
Hello,
do I have this straight. With my new unit I should do the rewire (page 47 #692) befor I even turn the unit on? I have two other dead units, do not want to afford a third one.

Dr Tom you said this made your unit rock solid. Is that still the way?

Thanks for time,
Wwd
It helped me to get rid of OSD locking after some time. (before it used to lock after as little as 15 minutes, maybe because of burned ground line)
After, I could not get it to lock no matter what I hooked up to it. Even If I unplugged gps and reconnected it back.
Even over 40 hours in one run! then the leaves of plants in my window started to fall so I unplugegd the 1500mW FPVtx LOL at least I still have my hair on

I didn't fly FPV much because of bad weather and because I'm in hexa multirotor building and tuning stage now, but will post video here when I do take my X8 Skywalker for a walk in the sky
(in 10 days from now I plan to go out and fly some FPV )

This OSD is super cheap and does the job right,
-just do the wire mod,
-and adjust mechanical throws to as minimum as you can fly with, trim to level flight mechanicaly, not over your transmitter
-do proper gyro/acc calibration after reflashing (strongly suggest you do it before instalation in plane) keeping board steady and leveled
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Dr.Tom; Dec 31, 2012 at 12:06 PM.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:35 PM
wwd
La Mesa, California
Joined Jan 2010
38 Posts
Hello,
Thank You for the reassurance, will do the modification.

Wwd
wwd is offline Find More Posts by wwd
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:01 PM
Australia, QLD, Brisbane
Joined Aug 2012
80 Posts
Please hold back on doing the modification. I just did it and it has caused more problems. The osd overlay disappears and comes back randomly. Currently uploading a video of it. Please wait until we get some more guidance from extraline.
Integratedneck is offline Find More Posts by Integratedneck