SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 13, 2012, 03:30 AM
Joined Apr 2008
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawright View Post
What your measuring is the voltage going to the OSD. That runs on 12v so thats fine. The servo side of the circuit will only be powered by the voltage going to your RX from your ESC or a BEC.

Important to note that there is an electrical isolation between the sensor/OSD side of the storm (at 12v/3S lipo), and the servo control side (needs to run at normal servo voltage, say 5v).

I found this by cutting the red wire from the ESC to the RX yet having the OSD connected to the current sensor. The OSD would work, and the Vtx and camera are powered, however there is no power to the RX nor the servos.

Hope that helps
For the motor I am going to use 4s lipo and for the vtx, cam and osd 3s lipo.
The set up will be as the foto manual.
kirilos is offline Find More Posts by kirilos
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:50 AM
Joined Mar 2012
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atx_Heli View Post
I have checked the cable
attention to the black wires from the GPS , close to the red become far on the other connector!
victorbah is offline Find More Posts by victorbah
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:01 PM
Joined Apr 2008
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorbah View Post
attention to the black wires from the GPS , close to the red become far on the other connector!
From the GPS is (-) black, txa, (+) red and to the board is txa, (-) black, (+) red
Old Nov 13, 2012, 02:41 PM
Sorry-I am from Denmark !!
Danmark, Lolland, Søllested
Joined Nov 2010
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirilos View Post
From the GPS is (-) black, txa, (+) red and to the board is txa, (-) black, (+) red
Are you sure that the wires are ground, signal , and power (black, black, red) from GPS?
I need that information, so i can conect a My fly dream ATT system to the GPS
Niels Erik is offline Find More Posts by Niels Erik
Old Nov 14, 2012, 02:21 AM
Joined Apr 2008
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niels Erik View Post
Are you sure that the wires are ground, signal , and power (black, black, red) from GPS?
I need that information, so i can conect a My fly dream ATT system to the GPS
This is what I read from the gps board.
If you turn it upside you can read the notes where are

PRG
GND
RXA
TXA
VDD
PEN
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:27 AM
Sorry-I am from Denmark !!
Danmark, Lolland, Søllested
Joined Nov 2010
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirilos View Post
This is what I read from the gps board.
If you turn it upside you can read the notes where are

PRG
GND
RXA
TXA
VDD
PEN
Thanks
Niels Erik is offline Find More Posts by Niels Erik
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:37 AM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Pahang, Temerloh
Joined Nov 2011
2,328 Posts
it seem i dont this gyro drift issues i reset my gyro on bench in the morning, later after few hrs i plug back my main batery to set my failsafe to my surprise the gyro is still 0, maybe of the weather here always on the same temperature 26-27c

i guess the gyro drift only on cold climate it seem not a problem with a tropical climate like mine country
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 15, 2012, 02:13 PM
Joined Nov 2007
37 Posts
Anyone logged many flights with the storm yet? Can it be considered reliable ?
sweflyer is online now Find More Posts by sweflyer
Old Nov 16, 2012, 03:47 AM
Joined Aug 2007
60 Posts
Flights with osd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweflyer View Post
Anyone logged many flights with the storm yet? Can it be considered reliable ?
I have over 50 flights with osd
I love the osd, it is reliable, never seem to have drift problems even in cold weather
I prefer it to the RVOSD actually = more simple to setup and use
I would loveto have throttle for rth, but with fail safe rth, it is just fine to get throttle to turnup

For the money, you can't do better!!!!!!
gzmann is offline Find More Posts by gzmann
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:06 AM
KY3JBD
lebanon, PA
Joined Dec 2000
707 Posts
Hi Storm users, i have a question, my Storm is mounted in a Twinstar with taildragger landing gear installed on it. Should i block up the rear of the fusalage so it is level like it will be in flight and then level the board and reset the gyros? or should i get the P & R set with it on its landing gear?
witstick is offline Find More Posts by witstick
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:39 AM
Austin, TX
Joined Jan 2009
853 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by witstick View Post
Hi Storm users, i have a question, my Storm is mounted in a Twinstar with taildragger landing gear installed on it. Should i block up the rear of the fusalage so it is level like it will be in flight and then level the board and reset the gyros? or should i get the P & R set with it on its landing gear?
P and R trim only have 10 deg of range...mount the OSD as close to level when the plane is in its final attitude for level flight once the plane is trimmed, reset the gyro with the plane in the attitude it uses in level flight (probably wings level and nose up a few degrees...varies plane to plane)...P and R trim in the menu should display close to zero after this...then use P/R trims after that for just that...minor trimming...
Atx_Heli is offline Find More Posts by Atx_Heli
Old Nov 16, 2012, 12:10 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Jan 2009
853 Posts
Buyer beware!

Sorry, but I am now very anti-Storm!

as you may have read in earlier posts, I like the CE and the Nova...and I was really hopeful of the Storm...I have used RVOSD, HK OSD, and Eagle Tree OSDs in the past, as well as the CE and Nova...

my first Storm worked well for a few days and then died unexplicably...13v only system...so couldnt have been overvoltage......I returned it for replacement and while waiting bought another unit...

I put it in the wing and flew great for a couple of days and then between sessions the GPS seemed to go intermittent...I unplugged and re-plugged and it began working again and I flew it for one session without problems...

in the meantime BevRC did send me a replacement for the first unit...at this point I am planning to use Storm in all my future projects...

then....yesterday, I powered up the wing to check a new video RX I got and discovered that the Storm had suddenly stopped working........
I replaced the main board with the replacement unit, and the GPS never started...I had to replace that also...

now if that is not bad enough the replacment unit will not reset its gryo/accs...AND at level it shows +12P!....this unit, while sort of functioning, is crap also!

at this point, I am not even going to even try to return the units for replacement....just going to put either my RVOSD or ET OSD system in it again..

BEWARE! this product is low low quality...now I have to warn all my other FPV friends and forums away from this unit!
Atx_Heli is offline Find More Posts by Atx_Heli
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:21 PM
Malaysia
Joined Feb 2012
336 Posts
Hi Atx_Heli, that is so unfortunate.
But most of the people I see here are happy with their storm OSD. Much less complaint than Nova.

I can't say much about it, mine is still on it's way.. and it's from foxtech.
neato4u is offline Find More Posts by neato4u
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:13 PM
United Kingdom, England
Joined Jul 2010
282 Posts
See this is the main problem with forums.... someone who, to be fair has had a bad experience with a product takes it on himself to "warn all my other FPV friends and forums away from this unit"..

I wish people would just lay out their experience and let others decide based on the individual reviews available. Yes his were poor (although i wouldn't have put 13V static through any OSD system), however mine has been superb. any problems I have had have turned out to be me doing something stupid... ie putting GPS receiver 2" from Vtx.

To everyone out there considering this unit yes it takes a little more setup than some others and some have had problems with failures however there have also been some great results too.

You decide..

Happy flying
mawright is offline Find More Posts by mawright
Old Nov 16, 2012, 04:16 PM
United Kingdom, England
Joined Jul 2010
282 Posts
does anyone know the resolution of the RSSI input. Im using a non amplified frequency to analogue buffer ATM which is outputting 0.30v at full whack (full signal). if the resolution is 10mV or less then i should at least be able to get a decent reading on the signal degradation. any more than this and it will be very jumpy and only have a limited number of levels.

is the designer still commenting on the forum?
mawright is offline Find More Posts by mawright