HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:55 PM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
576 Posts
There is still missing throttle control. mAh bug was resolved in nova osd as i know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octane81 View Post
Please start a new thread about this "diy osd". This thread is about Cyclops Storm.

The Storm looks like a good all in one package to me ... plug & play.
Just hope Cyclops have learnt from the mistakes made on the Nova , like with the mAh bug.
pavn is offline Find More Posts by pavn
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:06 PM
RTFM
Antarctica
Joined Oct 2010
1,171 Posts
Throttle management might be missing , and was missing in the Nova too , but it was never a problem.
Just set your failsafe throttle to a cruise speed , and the OSD does keep altitude.

Regards to the mAh bug in Nova , yeah they said it was fixed in v1.1 .. but it was not.
I haven't red any reports about v1.2 , so if its really fixed this time im not sure of.
octane81 is online now Find More Posts by octane81
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:14 PM
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
576 Posts
But the problem could be with failsafe cruise throtle value in the case of unexpected strong wind?

Quote:
Throttle management might be missing , and was missing in the Nova too , but it was never a problem.
Just set your failsafe throttle to a cruise speed , and the OSD does keep altitude.

Regards to the mAh bug in Nova , yeah they said it was fixed in v1.1 .. but it was not.
I haven't red any reports about v1.2 , so if its really fixed this time im not sure of.
pavn is offline Find More Posts by pavn
Old Aug 27, 2012, 03:20 PM
RTFM
Antarctica
Joined Oct 2010
1,171 Posts
yes maybe , or just set the cruise throttle higher .. 60% or so .. should be OK to get the plane back in range , and let you take control again.
If you need a plug & play osd with throttle managment , you need spend more or less double the price of the Storm (RVOSD , eagletree etc... maybe dosd is a bit cheaper i dont know).
octane81 is online now Find More Posts by octane81
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:01 PM
Joined Jul 2012
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavn View Post
Does not look so easy from the first point of view.

We would need step by step help to be able to use it.
I would like to have such documentation before purchasing.
That is true, it would take some figuring out.

Anyway, I want to see how the removal of IR affects this thing on RTH and PA. I assume it uses a gyro or accelerometer? Don't they eventually go into a spiral of doom due to not having a "0" point of reference. In this case, the point of reference for an IR sensor would be the ground.
snelan is offline Find More Posts by snelan
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:52 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snelan View Post
That is true, it would take some figuring out.

Anyway, I want to see how the removal of IR affects this thing on RTH and PA. I assume it uses a gyro or accelerometer? Don't they eventually go into a spiral of doom due to not having a "0" point of reference. In this case, the point of reference for an IR sensor would be the ground.
Well it also has a barometer. I've done a bit research on this and yes, with just gyro the spiral doom is almost inevitable. Correct me if Im wrong but pretty sure than that dragon osd and rvosd both use barometer and gyro just like this one.
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:28 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
14,655 Posts
Check my post #2, it has also accelerometer, so leveling is possible, with appropriate software of course, which seems not the strong point of Cyclops...

Quote:
...If you need a plug & play osd with throttle managment , you need spend more or less double the price of the Storm (RVOSD , eagletree etc... maybe dosd is a bit cheaper i dont know).
I just demonstrated in the page before that all these features can be achieved for the price of this still limited OSD, and you continue to spread wrong info... do you have something to gain pushing this OSD?
renatoa is offline Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:40 AM
Joined Jul 2012
413 Posts
Hmm, the accelerometer still promotes the eventual spiral of death though, doesn't it?
snelan is offline Find More Posts by snelan
Old Aug 28, 2012, 03:01 AM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Oct 2008
763 Posts
RENATOA , as mentioned before by octane81, start another thread and stop using this one , it looks like your trying to sell the ones you use.
Ive used the nova since it came out and aside from the mah bug , it been great with no problems at all.
Yes yours will work great , but theres a lot of setting up and tuning to do on yours , most of us just want PNP with no complicated setup , and reliability for RTH if out of range , thats all.

No offence ment buddy !!
Just keep it ON TOPIC
hpcoolahan is online now Find More Posts by hpcoolahan
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:59 AM
Dark Yet??
United States, VA, Narrows
Joined Dec 2009
1,498 Posts
I want to know what the board with the 3 buttons does???
Barn-E-Stormer is offline Find More Posts by Barn-E-Stormer
Old Aug 28, 2012, 07:12 AM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Oct 2008
763 Posts
that is what u use to do the setup menues i believe, from reading the manual......http://www.bevrc.com/download/STORM%...h%20Manual.pdf
Old Aug 30, 2012, 07:55 PM
Look outside the Square
Gosford, Australia
Joined Jan 2006
2,620 Posts
I'm looking forward to your review and thoughts on this new one HP .

Bx
Boxhead is offline Find More Posts by Boxhead
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:12 PM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Oct 2008
763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxhead View Post
I'm looking forward to your review and thoughts on this new one HP .

Bx
No worries Box , guess what arrived in the post today ??

Am presently busy making a mold for the fibreglass skid pan like these

so might take me a while to finnish the 1900 build , but at least it will add strength to the frame and protect it a bit more.
Using some white flowcoat so i dont have to paint it too!

Might even pull a few extras if any one wants one!
Old Sep 04, 2012, 06:46 AM
Austin, TX
Joined Jan 2009
776 Posts
Has anyone actually used one of these OSDs yet? cant find any reviews by a user for it...
Atx_Heli is online now Find More Posts by Atx_Heli
Old Sep 04, 2012, 06:53 AM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Oct 2008
763 Posts
dude , most of us have a day job , and mine keeps me busy...lol
I have started my 1900 skywalker build ( have the VTX , antenna, and wireing in the wing done so far) it will be using the nova storm in it.
Just noticed the vid on bevrc of his first use of it , heres a link to it.
First demo of STORM OSD (6 min 16 sec)
Last edited by hpcoolahan; Sep 05, 2012 at 07:17 AM.