SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:10 AM
United Kingdom, England
Joined Jul 2010
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawright89 View Post
Has anyone else had any GPS dropouts, mine has failed in both flights today. Started fine, but after 5 or so mins started to drop out then home location went "elseware". Has 10" separation from Vtx, is that enough? What are the main causes of GPS dropout.
Solved, moved Vtx further away from GPS module and hey presto,... locked in with full signal all flight.
mawright is offline Find More Posts by mawright
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2012, 08:58 PM
Joined Jan 2008
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwd View Post
Hello,
was looking on BEV website at the flash tool. And noticed that in the pdf files, of the two different downloads I made, the picture of the flash tool inserts 180' in different direction. I did make a comment on BEV site, but for some reason I have not seen it posted. Has anyone flashed there storm yet that can say what direction the flash tool must face. (hope I explained this well enough, as I have no idea how to post the pictures).
Thank You for Your time,
Wwd
this is the correct direction,
LUIS LOPEZ is offline Find More Posts by LUIS LOPEZ
Old Oct 22, 2012, 08:41 AM
Argentina, Buenos Aires, Coronel Brandsen
Joined Jun 2009
44 Posts
Problem with gyro calibration

Hi I have my OSD-STORM in tests, and everything works fine, but to me one incombeniente susedido, by giving a gyro reset does not respond, is flashing "ok", and never stops ....
This happened to me yesterday on my last flight, which was adjusting the gain in altitude, for the correct functioning of AP / RTH

also need to recalibrated previous to each flight,???

to someone did this happen,,????

clarify, is installed in Wing Zephyr ZII (made ​​in house)
flying perfect and vices,
of course, calibrate gyro horizontally, and very immobile
carlosdma22 is offline Find More Posts by carlosdma22
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:51 AM
Joined Mar 2012
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosdma22 View Post
Hi I have my OSD-STORM in tests, and everything works fine, but to me one incombeniente susedido, by giving a gyro reset does not respond, is flashing "ok", and never stops ....
This happened to me yesterday on my last flight, which was adjusting the gain in altitude, for the correct functioning of AP / RTH

also need to recalibrated previous to each flight,???

to someone did this happen,,????

clarify, is installed in Wing Zephyr ZII (made ​​in house)
flying perfect and vices,
of course, calibrate gyro horizontally, and very immobile
Im not sure your English is clear enough to fully understand, but I personally reset the gyro before each flying session. I also have large temperature swings from indoors to outdoors so it is somewhat mandatory.

I have noticed when I reset the gyro, it locks the screen and my up and down buttons do not work until the gyro is reset. If the plane is moving at all, and is not perfectly still it takes about 15-20 seconds. If it is perfectly still it takes about 10 seconds.

Also, if you have everything adjusted, then mess with the trims in-flight, you need to land and re-center the servos in the software. If you adjust trims enough the "vibration" signal on screen will display and not turn off, not allowing you to use your PA or RTH mode.... I hope this helps, if not please clarify your problem again. Thanks!
mrracer98 is offline Find More Posts by mrracer98
Old Oct 22, 2012, 11:42 AM
wwd
La Mesa, California
Joined Jan 2010
38 Posts
Hello,
Thank You for the verifying direction.
Wwd
wwd is offline Find More Posts by wwd
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:38 PM
United Kingdom, England
Joined Jul 2010
282 Posts
Have an issue with my setup of the storm. The functions are working well except the alt hold.. I'm using a flying wing and while the response to roll gives me a good deflection on the surfaces, it is very small with pitch movement. Thus, when i operate PA mode the ability to hold the alt is poor unless i am almost completely level when i turn it on. Roll stability and roll control on RTH and PA is good, just pitch control doesn't seem up to it.

Any thoughts?

Standard gains (70% on both), 30 degree roll max and 10 degree pitch max.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:45 PM
Joined Mar 2012
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawright View Post
Have an issue with my setup of the storm. The functions are working well except the alt hold.. I'm using a flying wing and while the response to roll gives me a good deflection on the surfaces, it is very small with pitch movement. Thus, when i operate PA mode the ability to hold the alt is poor unless i am almost completely level when i turn it on. Roll stability and roll control on RTH and PA is good, just pitch control doesn't seem up to it.

Any thoughts?

I am assuming you tried the max settings for pitch gain and degrees deflection already?
mrracer98 is offline Find More Posts by mrracer98
Old Oct 23, 2012, 02:51 PM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,252 Posts
I don't understand. You say that you don't have enough deflection on the control surfaces in pitch? Have you tried to increase the pitch gain and max pitch? If so, what happened?
You need to be more clear in your post on what you've tried to troubleshoot. Post a video so we can see.
iskess is online now Find More Posts by iskess
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:18 PM
Dark Yet??
United States, VA, Narrows
Joined Dec 2009
1,484 Posts
Iskess......

Have you pulled the trigger on a Storm? I was going to watch and see how things went for a while.
Barn-E-Stormer is online now Find More Posts by Barn-E-Stormer
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:38 PM
Joined Aug 2005
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawright View Post

Any thoughts?

please try set 80%gain and 12-15 degree max on pitch.
extraline is offline Find More Posts by extraline
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:17 PM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barn-E-Stormer View Post
Iskess......

Have you pulled the trigger on a Storm? I was going to watch and see how things went for a while.
Even better, I talked a newbie at my local flying field into getting it. I'll be helping him set it up and I'll get some first hand experience with it. I have an RVOSD I still need to hook up to try.
iskess is online now Find More Posts by iskess
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:37 AM
Joined Jan 2008
62 Posts
i am frustated, yesterday i wanted power on the osd with the current sendor. i only wanted try the osd function in the tv screen. but the osd didnt power on.

then i tried power on the osd removing the cap as said in the post 45, connecting other 12v lipo battery and happened the same thing
LUIS LOPEZ is offline Find More Posts by LUIS LOPEZ
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:38 AM
United Kingdom, England
Joined Jul 2010
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by extraline View Post
please try set 80%gain and 12-15 degree max on pitch.
ill give it a go. thanks.
Old Oct 24, 2012, 08:50 AM
RTFM
Antarctica
Joined Oct 2010
1,167 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by extraline View Post
new software
we fixed the error of the climb
im running 1.02 .. is this the same version you posted earlier?
octane81 is offline Find More Posts by octane81
Old Oct 24, 2012, 09:04 AM
Argentina, Buenos Aires, Coronel Brandsen
Joined Jun 2009
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrracer98 View Post
Im not sure your English is clear enough to fully understand, but I personally reset the gyro before each flying session. I also have large temperature swings from indoors to outdoors so it is somewhat mandatory.

I have noticed when I reset the gyro, it locks the screen and my up and down buttons do not work until the gyro is reset. If the plane is moving at all, and is not perfectly still it takes about 15-20 seconds. If it is perfectly still it takes about 10 seconds.

Also, if you have everything adjusted, then mess with the trims in-flight, you need to land and re-center the servos in the software. If you adjust trims enough the "vibration" signal on screen will display and not turn off, not allowing you to use your PA or RTH mode.... I hope this helps, if not please clarify your problem again. Thanks!
Thanks for your reply ...

Sorry for my English, a little bit of google translator and a little of my own ... apology

I have no problems with OSDStorm,,
just caught my attention, which to calibrate the gyro, the flying wing while very quiet, never stopped flashing "ok" spent more than 20 seconds. and I had to disconnect the LIPO .. to reset ... only a detail I wanted to comment ...

good flights ..
carlosdma22 is offline Find More Posts by carlosdma22