HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:53 AM
RTFM
Antarctica
Joined Oct 2010
1,171 Posts
I dont think i had any issues? only thing i can think of was when I activated RTH when the altitude was negative , and the plane seemed to climb slow , but I figure that was down to me not having enough throttle on. But mrracer98 , you got the first time startup sequence correct.
octane81 is offline Find More Posts by octane81
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:56 AM
RTFM
Antarctica
Joined Oct 2010
1,171 Posts
The baro seems very accurate to me , within +/- 2m. I fly from on top of a small hill , and get very easy negative altitude when I fly far away close to the ground.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Mar 2012
176 Posts
Video

Storm OSD testing (12 min 29 sec)

Here is one of the video's...

OK so after reviewing the footage, it appears this is purely a CG and mechanical trim issue... mind you I had to have my elevator and aileron trims about 2 clicks from MAX'ed out... so I am sure that had quite a bit to do with it... anyhow at around 10:30 on the video I click RTH and it tries to bury me in the ground... well looking at the pitch it was pitching the plane up but didnt have enough throw I suppose, Same thing at 11:25. Thats why I was wondering about the baro...

The baro does seem on... when the alt locks, it stays within a couple ft.

I should've known better than to try it like that, but I hadnt flown the Sky walker in so long I forgot how much it was off... oops. Hopefully I will have a better experience next time...
mrracer98 is offline Find More Posts by mrracer98
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:11 AM
Joined Aug 2005
327 Posts
new software
we fixed the error of the climb
extraline is online now Find More Posts by extraline
Old Oct 18, 2012, 08:56 AM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,261 Posts
What is needed to load new firmware? The same USB tool as the Nova? If different please provide link.
Is this the exact same firmware that you posted earlier, or is it newer?
Both say v1.02
iskess is offline Find More Posts by iskess
Last edited by iskess; Oct 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:41 AM
RTFM
Antarctica
Joined Oct 2010
1,171 Posts
yes nova flash tool
Old Oct 18, 2012, 09:49 AM
RTFM
Antarctica
Joined Oct 2010
1,171 Posts
I wish for a mAh multiplier in menu ... when osd show 1500 my 2200 battery is empty.
Other than that im really happy with my storm osd!
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:27 AM
The Dreamer
Sydney, Australia
Joined Dec 2010
902 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by octane81 View Post
I wish for a mAh multiplier in menu ... when osd show 1500 my 2200 battery is empty.
Other than that im really happy with my storm osd!
Your bench test clearly show the Storm OSD mAh is accurate.

A 2200mAh nanotech when new in fact will give 2200mAh discharged to 3.3V/cell at 25 degree C.

You could verify this with your I-charger and do a discharge/ charge cycle at 25 degree C and discharge to 3.3V/cell.

Battery capacity mAh is dependent on temperature of operation.

2. Change the label on your Lipo --put sticker over the top of your 2200mAh with 1500mAh.. Your problem is solved.

3. Fast charge is not 100% absorbed by the lipo and some power is wasted as heat.
I recommend you use your I-Charger discharge/charge cycle to verify this. Charge at 1hr rate. 2.2Amp.

It works for me. All my Turnigy and Nanotech LiPo have the dischage/charge cycle tested to rated capacity for up to around the first 20 cycles of use using a Imax B6 charger. Over time the lipo slowly lose capacity with use.
Pisces is offline Find More Posts by Pisces
Last edited by Pisces; Oct 19, 2012 at 01:29 PM. Reason: Typo spelling
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:49 PM
KY3JBD
lebanon, PA
Joined Dec 2000
618 Posts
Hi, i am hooking up a Storm and i am stumped! need some help please. I am installing it in a Twinstar. My question is, how do i use both aileron servos seperatly since there is only one aileron out on the storm?? Do i have to use a yharness or can i still hook them up as flaperons on the receiver? thanks.......
witstick is offline Find More Posts by witstick
Old Oct 19, 2012, 04:50 PM
United States, PA, Lebanon
Joined Sep 2012
163 Posts
Storm OSD

Does anyone know if the storm can be used on a 3 channel glider, using rudder instead of aileron? I have never used an autopilot/stabilization and since I don't use ailerons on my glider I'm wondering if it will be effective or a distaster for me. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Jalee7903 is offline Find More Posts by Jalee7903
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:18 PM
Sorry-I am from Denmark !!
Danmark, Lolland, Søllested
Joined Nov 2010
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by witstick View Post
Hi, i am hooking up a Storm and i am stumped! need some help please. I am installing it in a Twinstar. My question is, how do i use both aileron servos seperatly since there is only one aileron out on the storm?? Do i have to use a yharness or can i still hook them up as flaperons on the receiver? thanks.......
You use a y harness-You will miss the flaperon
Niels Erik is offline Find More Posts by Niels Erik
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:20 PM
Sorry-I am from Denmark !!
Danmark, Lolland, Søllested
Joined Nov 2010
78 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jalee7903 View Post
Does anyone know if the storm can be used on a 3 channel glider, using rudder instead of aileron? I have never used an autopilot/stabilization and since I don't use ailerons on my glider I'm wondering if it will be effective or a distaster for me. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
You can hook the rudder insted of the alieron with no problem.
Niels Erik is offline Find More Posts by Niels Erik
Old Oct 19, 2012, 05:37 PM
KY3JBD
lebanon, PA
Joined Dec 2000
618 Posts
Aww that kinda sucks.........i will miss using flaperons
witstick is offline Find More Posts by witstick
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:03 PM
United Kingdom, England
Joined Jul 2010
282 Posts
anyone know what the object marked 221 (the black thing) is and whats its main job is. Mine seems to be loosely attached held on only by the tracks (and now some servo tape).

Cheers
mawright is offline Find More Posts by mawright
Old Oct 20, 2012, 02:28 PM
wwd
La Mesa, California
Joined Jan 2010
38 Posts
Hello,
was looking on BEV website at the flash tool. And noticed that in the pdf files, of the two different downloads I made, the picture of the flash tool inserts 180' in different direction. I did make a comment on BEV site, but for some reason I have not seen it posted. Has anyone flashed there storm yet that can say what direction the flash tool must face. (hope I explained this well enough, as I have no idea how to post the pictures).
Thank You for Your time,
Wwd
wwd is offline Find More Posts by wwd