to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 13, 2012, 01:50 PM
RTFM
Antarctica
Joined Oct 2010
1,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUIS LOPEZ View Post
hi octane81, how did you conect the rssi cable? did you use a resistence between the osd and rx dragonlink?
connect only with ground + signal ... no need for resistor as DL have bufferd rssi output
octane81 is offline Find More Posts by octane81
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:41 PM
Fatshark Repairs AU/NZ
Australia, NSW, Yamba
Joined Oct 2008
765 Posts
Octane , did you disconect everything from the board and pull out of the plane before you updated it , or did you do it in the plane with everything still conected???

Cheers
Patrick
hpcoolahan is offline Find More Posts by hpcoolahan
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:00 AM
RTFM
Antarctica
Joined Oct 2010
1,178 Posts
I disconnected everything and took it out of the plane , just keep the power from current sensor. I needed to remove it from the plane because the OSD needs to be level and still for the update to be successful ... if not you will get a gyro error screen after you load the fw.
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:30 AM
Joined Jan 2008
62 Posts
Thanks octane81 i will conect the rssi as you have conected.
LUIS LOPEZ is offline Find More Posts by LUIS LOPEZ
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:13 PM
Joined Aug 2012
61 Posts
Has anyone else had any GPS dropouts, mine has failed in both flights today. Started fine, but after 5 or so mins started to drop out then home location went "elseware". Has 10" separation from Vtx, is that enough? What are the main causes of GPS dropout.
mawright89 is offline Find More Posts by mawright89
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:19 PM
Joined Mar 2012
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawright89 View Post
Has anyone else had any GPS dropouts, mine has failed in both flights today. Started fine, but after 5 or so mins started to drop out then home location went "elseware". Has 10" separation from Vtx, is that enough? What are the main causes of GPS dropout.
check out this video, it is long but if you watch it, his GPS also looses lock as well mid flight, perhaps this is the same person posting...

Storm OSD Testing Continues .........On My Bixler 1 Test Plane. (21 min 35 sec)
mrracer98 is offline Find More Posts by mrracer98
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:45 PM
Joined Aug 2012
61 Posts
nope, not me but similar problem. What do we recon, proximity to Vtx, cable connection or send it back?

mine came with on of the components loose on the rear of the board but still connected by the tracks so I made sure it wouldn't come off by putting a little servo tape under it, would that void warranty as I didn't return immediately?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:46 PM
Joined Mar 2012
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawright89 View Post
nope, not me but similar problem. What do we recon, proximity to Vtx, cable connection or send it back?

mine came with on of the components loose on the rear of the board but still connected by the tracks so I made sure it wouldn't come off by putting a little servo tape under it, would that void warranty as I didn't return immediately?
Take pic of it and post... was it the main board or GPS module? Perhaps it has something to do with it...
Old Oct 14, 2012, 03:23 PM
Joined Aug 2012
61 Posts
It is the underside of the main board. A black cylindrical component which seems to have a coil of wire in it. don't have a camera just the moment, but will try and find a way asap.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:13 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Oct 2012
162 Posts
does anybody wants to take pics of how they mounted their storm osd on theyre planes ? i have one and trying to figure out the best way to mount it and balance it on my skywalker. thanks alot. also how do you connect to get an rssi value ? thanks again.
ls1elite is offline Find More Posts by ls1elite
Old Oct 15, 2012, 10:16 PM
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Oct 2012
162 Posts
and i know this is out of topic but for those having problems with theyre control boards that the "ok" button does not work , i just fixed mines . all one needs to do is flip the storm osd over and check that there are no sodder between the pins on the osd . the pins are the ones where the control board connects to on the storm osd board. so they are going to be on the storm osd board. i simply carefully removed the sodder beteween the pins. and now it works perfect. note: i will not be responsible if one damages theyre storm osd , try this at youre own risk. im simply putting this out there to help others since bevrc dosent have any type of customer support.
ls1elite is offline Find More Posts by ls1elite
Old Oct 16, 2012, 10:54 AM
RTFM
Antarctica
Joined Oct 2010
1,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1elite View Post
does anybody wants to take pics of how they mounted their storm osd on theyre planes ? i have one and trying to figure out the best way to mount it and balance it on my skywalker. thanks alot. also how do you connect to get an rssi value ? thanks again.
rssi .. connect only signal and ground .. then setup max and min in osd menu , for min you need to turn off your radio before clicking ok
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:14 AM
Joined Mar 2012
176 Posts
So I got my storm. Everything works from a QC standpoint. It does function appropriately as well but my mechanical centers on my control surfaces are off quite a bit. Also what is the appropriate sequence of setting this up... This is my first AP.
Heres what I did:
1)reset gyro while plane is level.
2)adjust pitch and roll trims.
3)fly model trimmed out
4)center servos in menu

It seemed to have issues sometimes related to altitude while on RTH as did octane's video... I dont know if the barometer sensor has too much airflow within the cabin of the plane or not enough? Perhaps it is all due to the fact my plane is so out of trim.... I believe the CG is off as well as it flies with an upward angle to maintain altitude, It is a skywalker and I have had troubles with it often... I am going to build a new bixler and put this in it. I am used to those aircraft and have flown them for years... I am guessing it will work much better...

Looking over the video. In heading and altitude lock mode it functions perfectly. I just have to get my mechanical trims set and parameters for gain and pitch.... should work good....
Last edited by mrracer98; Oct 17, 2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 09:26 AM
FPV in Hawaii
United States, HI, Kailua
Joined Feb 2012
2,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrracer98 View Post
So I got my storm. Everything works from a QC standpoint. It does function appropriately as well but my mechanical centers on my control surfaces are off quite a bit. Also what is the appropriate sequence of setting this up... This is my first AP.
Heres what I did:
1)reset gyro while plane is level.
2)adjust pitch and roll trims.
3)fly model trimmed out
4)center servos in menu

It seemed to have issues sometimes related to altitude while on RTH as did octane's video... I dont know if the barometer sensor has too much airflow within the cabin of the plane or not enough? Perhaps it is all due to the fact my plane is so out of trim.... i dont know
It could be too much, but very unlikely to not be enough airflow unless you have it sealed in a plastic bag. I dont have the Storm, but I taped a piece sponge over my DOSD baro to dampen out the airflow.
Most likely you need to get the plane mechanically trimmed with small control throws.
Post a video to show your issue so we know what your talking about. I don't remember Octane's issue, I thought he was just flying around terrain lower than launch altitude.
iskess is offline Find More Posts by iskess