Originally Posted by chiwas View Post
work in the army, not used to that
That makes sence to me, im a weapons tech
BenLimeClouds is offline Find More Posts by BenLimeClouds
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:42 AM
Joined Aug 2005
327 Posts
V2 version is no longer affected by temperature reset gyro after power on 1 time
extraline is offline Find More Posts by extraline
Old Feb 22, 2013, 06:43 AM
Joined Aug 2005
327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
this one is v2

not sure why does HiModel put both v1 and v2 board picture on the same product pages
yes this is V2
extraline is offline Find More Posts by extraline
Old Feb 22, 2013, 07:14 AM
Austin, TX
Joined Jan 2009
769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahnx View Post
Upgraded to the latest 1.03 today. Appears to have worked (1.03 in boot-up screen).

I am having trouble setting the current (A) use scale correction:

When set at 100%: Emeter 10A Storm 6.5A

If I set the scale factor to 65%, it does not make any difference - still incorrect indicated amps in Storm screen. If I set the scale to 140%, it still makes no difference in Storm screen.

Can anyone explain if there is a special sequence / procedure to make the scaling function work properly please?

Thanks

Roger.
I beleive the scale factor ONLY affects the MAH cal and display, not the current display..
Atx_Heli is offline Find More Posts by Atx_Heli
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:00 AM
Joined Mar 2012
176 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guaglione87 View Post
Lost my Nova OSD in a bad crash not too long ago. Looking to order a new one, but I am now thinking about going with the storm.

Can anyone who has used them both with success comment on the reliability of one over the other now that the Storm has been out for a while?

I know the Nova OSD, so I am comfortable with it, moving on to the storm which works a bit differently has got me concerned about the ease of use of Storm compared to Nova. Is the 20 bucks more worth it? My main concern is reliability and accuracy of the direction to home, distance out and elevation...

Thanks for any input
Get a STORM, just make sure it is a Gen 2 board, and buy the FW updater if you dont have one. This is WAY better than the NOVA with the IR sensors.....

Everything else is basically the same... The FW is solid now and the board is solid... it is definitely worth the extra 20$
mrracer98 is offline Find More Posts by mrracer98
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:09 AM
Austin, TX
Joined Jan 2009
769 Posts
Extraline help!

I had a Storm with 1.02 working in my PopWing great! no GPS lockup issues...
So I bought another Storm, this one a V2 board...

I just opened its package and immediately updated it to 1.03 from its beta version...

Upon power up it displayed this screen....apparently a debugging screen of some kind...I reflashed it several times...same thing...I tried the new 1.02 version..several times..same thing!!

I figure that I had another DOA (Dead on Arrival) board...I have gotten 3 of those so far!!!

So I took my working V1 board from the PopWing and reflashed it to 1.03....NOW ITS DEAD ALSO AND SHOWS THE SAME ERROR SCREEN!!! I have repeatedly reflashed both and neither work now: ...even tried the original 1.02....same thing.....mad:

PLEASE HELP now I cant even fly the plane in which the V1 board was working so well...
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:26 AM
I Like Clouds Made Of Limes?
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2012
801 Posts
Only thing i can suggest is that you make sure the board is level with GPS plugged in when you power it on after a fw update?

3 boards all DOA? All v1?

I have done alot of fw updates and never seen this screen!
BenLimeClouds is offline Find More Posts by BenLimeClouds
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:29 AM
Joined Mar 2012
176 Posts
Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atx_Heli View Post
I had a Storm with 1.02 working in my PopWing great! no GPS lockup issues...
So I bought another Storm, this one a V2 board...

I just opened its package and immediately updated it to 1.03 from its beta version...

Upon power up it displayed this screen....apparently a debugging screen of some kind...I reflashed it several times...same thing...I tried the new 1.02 version..several times..same thing!!

I figure that I had another DOA (Dead on Arrival) board...I have gotten 3 of those so far!!!

So I took my working V1 board from the PopWing and reflashed it to 1.03....NOW ITS DEAD ALSO AND SHOWS THE SAME ERROR SCREEN!!! I have repeatedly reflashed both and neither work now: ...even tried the original 1.02....same thing.....mad:

PLEASE HELP now I cant even fly the plane in which the V1 board was working so well...
Dude this is totally 100% normal. You are getting the error screen because yoy are not settin the board totally still and level. This is an initial calibration screen after the fw update. Hold it PERFECTLY still and level (prop it up to sit level). And it will pass calibration
mrracer98 is offline Find More Posts by mrracer98
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:42 AM
United Kingdom, England
Joined Jul 2010
282 Posts
Read the manual!!! lol
mawright is offline Find More Posts by mawright
Old Feb 22, 2013, 10:52 AM
Youtube: TomRi25
Croatia, City of Zagreb, Zagreb
Joined Aug 2010
705 Posts
place it on the desk, which is level and put something under the pcb ver1 to keep it leveled with the desk (pic1)

or hold it in air with some soldering tool like here (pic2)

both ways,
good to check with lever like in photo2 for correct angle
Dr.Tom is online now Find More Posts by Dr.Tom
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:01 AM
Joined Oct 2012
17 Posts
Woah I finally finished reading all the posts should be a medal or something small given to everyone who finishes

Wana thank Dr. Tom and extraline for your support on here.

Iv a v1 board with the old 1.02 and would like to flash.

Is bevrc site down?

Where can i get a usb dongle in Europe? im from Ireland and feel the extra wait from china will drive me nuts, been building my plane since November and everything is complete, just want to update the board before maiden
freekhead is offline Find More Posts by freekhead
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:32 AM
KG5AWQ
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Apr 2012
648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrracer98 View Post
Get a STORM, just make sure it is a Gen 2 board, and buy the FW updater if you dont have one. This is WAY better than the NOVA with the IR sensors.....

Everything else is basically the same... The FW is solid now and the board is solid... it is definitely worth the extra 20$
Good to know. Thanks for your input.
guaglione87 is offline Find More Posts by guaglione87
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:33 AM
Austin, TX
Joined Jan 2009
769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrracer98 View Post
Dude this is totally 100% normal. You are getting the error screen because yoy are not settin the board totally still and level. This is an initial calibration screen after the fw update. Hold it PERFECTLY still and level (prop it up to sit level). And it will pass calibration
that did it...thanks
Old Feb 22, 2013, 11:38 AM
Austin, TX
Joined Jan 2009
769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mawright View Post
Read the manual!!! lol
there is nothing in the update manual about this...point it out if you can...

it is in the upgrade notice, which I just read...since I already knew what was changed from the thread, I did not think to read that notice...just the reflashing instructions...which is where the notice SHOULD be put...
Old Feb 22, 2013, 12:21 PM
Austin, TX
Joined Jan 2009
769 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenLimeClouds View Post

3 boards all DOA? All v1? ......
yes....I was an early purchaser of the V1 boards...and was unlucky...initially, people (per my poll..search for it in this forum) were experiencing a 30-33% failure rate, either DOA or within a few hours of operation....

I got 3 V1 board systems initially over several weeks and had one DOA and one die after one flight....both were replaced by BEVRC (thanks!)....I accidentally killed one myself with a waving power lead and bought a 4th from FoxtechFPV....it kinda worked but the ACCs were way off and would not reset when within 15degs of level...I sent that one back to them, but they lost it and wont replace it....unfortunately, you cant get a tracking number on first class mail from the US to China...you have to send it express in some manner ($$$$$)....

so I have two working v1 systems....and I bought a V2 from BevRC...that was the one I was trying to upgrade above...

I beleive that the manufacturing outgoing quality on these boards has improved as DOA complaints are dropping in the thread...

I LOVE this OSD, having used ET, RVOSD, G-OSD2, NOVA, and the CE OSD...
while RVOSD is hands down the best, its the most expensive....Storm is the best bang for the buck, has the OSD display layout that I prefer, and Extraline provides superb support...