SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 05, 2013, 12:41 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
Hi Rogwar,

I apologize on the delay for releasing new firmware. We are still working on the next version.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 06, 2013, 11:36 AM
Joined Jan 2005
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billpa View Post
Hi Rogwar,

I apologize on the delay for releasing new firmware. We are still working on the next version.

RogWar
RogWarTheOAP is offline Find More Posts by RogWarTheOAP
Old Mar 07, 2013, 05:09 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined Jan 2008
1,042 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogWarTheOAP View Post
OK Billpa - How soon is "very close"? After all, it's over 3 months now.

Rogwar
garris2 is offline Find More Posts by garris2
Old Mar 07, 2013, 05:38 AM
Stone Mountain, GA
Joined May 2007
409 Posts
Am I to understand that I should not mount my Guardian upside down? I was going to put it in the fuselage of a low wing plane. I suppose I could build a cage for it.

Or is the software fix going to roll out soon so I don't have to bother with an engineering feat :-)
dgfinch is online now Find More Posts by dgfinch
Old Mar 07, 2013, 08:51 AM
United States, MA
Joined Oct 2006
46 Posts
Speaking about firmware updates, is there any possibility of one that will allow for the switch between rate and HH 3D via the transmitter? Right now, when one selects 3D mode in flight, or through the transmitter, it necessarily has to be only one type of 3D, previously selected during set up. It would be cool to have 4 options in flight: off, 2D, rate 3D, and HH 3D - for that, 2 switches could be used in the transmitter: one for on/off and one for the 3 modes. Is Eagle Tree considering such a feature?

I've posted this on the other, bigger thread on the Guardian, but got no response, so I'm trying here, too...
Butthead is online now Find More Posts by Butthead
Old Mar 07, 2013, 08:33 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,926 Posts
RogWar, sorry for the delay. The change is not small, and has been part of a large set of feature additions/improvements that are still being perfected here. However, we discussed it here today and are going to incorporate a simpler change that should take care of it. We'll get that posted asap for you to try, once we get it tested here.

dgfinch, no, upside down mounting is working well for most people (to my knowledge all but one person), but sometimes requires doing the reset level operation between 10-15 seconds after powerup, rather than 0-15 seconds after powerup. If this doesn't work, it's really obvious, as the Guardian will behave as if it's upside down and your control surfaces will not be centered.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor
Old Mar 12, 2013, 03:05 PM
Joined Jan 2005
30 Posts
Billpa

No hurry on my account: I can wait 10seconds to make it work - I'm not that eager to fly However, I did wonder why you didn't put a note in the instructions - unless I've missed it??

RogWar
RogWarTheOAP is offline Find More Posts by RogWarTheOAP