SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:15 PM
HAL... Open the damn doors!
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymacy View Post
Are we talking about this web site? http://thunderpowerrc.com/ I don't see a link with a price to a Mythos 125E or a Miss Wind. Can you put in a direct link to either plane?
I am pretty sure they have everything Sebart in-stock and provided the number to make it easier to just call for orders. I think you can see the Sebart models at their other site, www.sebartrc.com ;-)

Jack
jfetter is offline Find More Posts by jfetter
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:20 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,513 Posts
Holy cow what a day! Today I finally flew the MythoS, wow! Imagine standing at the Triple Tree Aerodrome (home of Joe Nall) on the main flight line and being the ONLY person flying! Awesome is all I can say, the plane fly's like butter and having my first flight on it @ E-Week was absolutely perfect! I flew it maybe 6 times after that and it is the best flying plane I've ever had, no joking. Anyone on the fence get off, there is no way you won't love this plane!

Jack
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:57 PM
Australia, NSW
Joined Aug 2012
19 Posts
Hi Jack,

Did you balance the plane upside down?

Regards,
Andre
Koosie is offline Find More Posts by Koosie
Old Sep 27, 2012, 08:02 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koosie View Post
Hi Jack,

Did you balance the plane upside down?

Regards,
Andre
Nope, dropped a battery in, put my fingers under the wings estimating the location of the wing tube and moved the pack until it balanced more or less. Memorized the battery location and that was that for all flights you've seen here as well as mine today ;-) So far eveyone has said they thing the C/G is dead on ;-) This is pretty much how I always do it, jet's included...

Jack
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:22 AM
Sverige, Värmlands Län, Filipstad
Joined Jan 2009
1,210 Posts
Jack,
Have You or any of yor friends tried P13 shedule with Your MythoS 125E? Possible to try in the future?

/Bo
bossee is offline Find More Posts by bossee
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:42 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Dec 2009
1,402 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfetter View Post
Holy cow what a day! Today I finally flew the MythoS, wow! Imagine standing at the Triple Tree Aerodrome (home of Joe Nall) on the main flight line and being the ONLY person flying! Awesome is all I can say, the plane fly's like butter and having my first flight on it @ E-Week was absolutely perfect! I flew it maybe 6 times after that and it is the best flying plane I've ever had, no joking. Anyone on the fence get off, there is no way you won't love this plane!

Jack
I was sold when I saw Seb's wife holding it

Just kidding, you had me sold pages back when you confirmed it flies great on 6S. Nuff said. Sold, Ordered, waiting. May pick one up in Singapore in a couple of months time
TimBle is offline Find More Posts by TimBle
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:50 AM
KE your cub.
in the gutter, again....
Joined Jun 2005
4,178 Posts
I just ordered all the stuff I'll need to get mine in the air, plus a 3D tail for my wind-s 110, which will now become my freestyle model.

I am now officially broke as a broken thing..
Curare is offline Find More Posts by Curare
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:31 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined Aug 2012
19 Posts
Completed and ready for tomorrow, if the weather holds out.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:41 AM
United States, MI, Saginaw Charter Township
Joined Feb 2007
114 Posts
Had an adventure last night. First flight was great, took off on second flight and just after lift off had no power. Tried to turn back to the field but could not. Had to set it down in the corn field. Ended up with a dent in the leading edge of one wing and a couple of cracks in the cowl. That looked like the only damage I could find.Have to go over it a little better this weekend. Looks like the arming plug somehow came out. Not sure if it wasn't snapped all the way in or what. Thankfully the damage seems minimal. Gave me a sinking feeling watching it disappear into the corn.
RCBRUSKI65 is offline Find More Posts by RCBRUSKI65
Old Sep 28, 2012, 10:52 AM
Australia, NSW
Joined Aug 2012
19 Posts
Jack,

Did you use the recommended control throws in the manual?
The "normal" flying settings seems a bit low. I am aslo using Spektrum.

Regards
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:22 PM
Sverige, Värmlands Län, Filipstad
Joined Jan 2009
1,210 Posts
Koosie,
Painted canopy - that was nice.

It is amazing with the MythoS 125E that it seems to fly so good on 6 cell. Maybe it could actually be a model to be used in FAI F3A competions with rather good results with a skilled pilot. The total cost for a MythosS 125E is so much lower compared to for example a MythoS Pro 2M that I wish planes like this would be used more in competitions, more people can afford to participate. I have many times been thinking of buying a 2 x 2 M full FAI F3A plane but the high cost has so far held me back. A plane like MythoS 125E maybe could find it's way into competition flying on a budget for many. I hope so.
There will always be people that want and can pay the high price for a top 2M machine with maybe contra rotating props etc, but for entry-mid level a MythoS 125E may be competitive. At least it would probably be a rather good training plane for F3A for anyone.
I hope someone can report how well P13 schedule can be flown with MythoS 125E.

/Bo
bossee is offline Find More Posts by bossee
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:45 PM
Miramar, Florida
Joined Jul 2007
8,513 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koosie View Post
Jack,

Did you use the recommended control throws in the manual?
The "normal" flying settings seems a bit low. I am aslo using Spektrum.

Regards
I set it up by eye;

- 5/8" aileron on low, 1" med and 1 1/2" high.
- 1/2" elevator on low, 3/4"med and 1 1/4" high.
- 1" rudder on low, 1 1/2" med and 2" high.

Jack
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:03 PM
media, pennsylvania, united states
Joined Aug 2006
124 Posts
Any new flight info? Here's some news from Arch Stafford

Any new info? Especially interested in mAh used to do the P13 schedule, or one very similar as well as peak current in the different setups.

Archie Stafford has been helping to break a new one in and here's what he told me.

6 flights so far. I have done 5 of the 6 flights on it. Very happy. Plenty of power. 9 min easy on 8S 4000. Hacker A60 5Sv2. Motor is a little long but perfect setup. The 8s setup is very efficient. We didnt even have to modify the firewall. We just removed the mount and mounted motor to firewall. Very acceptable gap now. I have been flying it in a very throttle managed style. No reason to fly around with the power always on. The dual 4s 4000 gens ace packs in an 8s setup seem to work great. Packs are barely warm. We are using the Castle ICE 100. Never even gets warm.

Motor is x mounted. You could shorten slightly by removing x-mount. We are just going to enlarge the hole in the center of the firewall to accomodate the back of the motor and put the x-mount on the back of the firewall. Will make it nice and pretty.

Very nice airplane. Capable of any of the sequences. Could go to a slightly larger prop and get a little extra pull as we aren't pulling a lot of amps currently. Not needed for the lower classes the owner is currently flying. Ready to fly weight is 4346g.

Arch Stafford
Team Futaba, Castle Creations, Tech Aero Designs
F3A Unlimited, 2012 Masters National Champion, 2013 Pattern NATS ED
luckymacy is offline Find More Posts by luckymacy
Last edited by luckymacy; Oct 02, 2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old Oct 02, 2012, 09:27 PM
Massachussets
Joined Nov 2005
254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBRUSKI65 View Post
Had an adventure last night. First flight was great, took off on second flight and just after lift off had no power. Tried to turn back to the field but could not. Had to set it down in the corn field. Ended up with a dent in the leading edge of one wing and a couple of cracks in the cowl. That looked like the only damage I could find.Have to go over it a little better this weekend. Looks like the arming plug somehow came out. Not sure if it wasn't snapped all the way in or what. Thankfully the damage seems minimal. Gave me a sinking feeling watching it disappear into the corn.
RCBRUSKI65

You might want to check how well the arming wires are attached. One of my pattern buddies had a similar incident. If I remember the wires were just barely crimped!
wingster is online now Find More Posts by wingster
Old Oct 06, 2012, 03:34 PM
United States, AZ, Yuma
Joined Sep 2004
585 Posts
Here is a mini-review of the MythoS:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...0#post22929973
Jeff Pfeifer is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Pfeifer