HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 23, 2003, 08:29 PM
Joined Jul 2003
113 Posts
Rant
Pic Pro Rotor Head

I'm just trying to learn forward flight and I got caught by a gust of wind today, went too high, got confused, and "landed" in tall grass.

I'm probably not the first.

The rotor head detached but broke anyway. This is the third one at $20. This thing is going to break me before I get the hang of it.

I am tempted to go for an aluminum piece but I want to know what will happen if I crash with one. Anybody been there?

Sould I retire this heli and get a bigger one until I get better? The Corona sounds good but I wore out a hummingbird and I want CP. Is there a larger CP electric that is easier to fly, more robust, and uses reasonably priced parts?
Jeffro is offline Find More Posts by Jeffro
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 23, 2003, 09:19 PM
Dionysus Design
Chico, CA USA
Joined Nov 2003
123 Posts
I recomend the aluminum head from PMP. It will not break. However, I run mine with stock hubs to give it somewhere to break. I have broke about 4 hubs so far but those have been huge crashes. If I had an aluminum hub, the damage could have been worse. The Pic Pro is capable of some amazing things. I don't think you will be able to find parts for much cheaper.
Dan_Jones is offline Find More Posts by Dan_Jones