HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 29, 2012, 06:44 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by invertmast View Post
A quality f14 will never be a huge attraction due to the complexity and costs associated with them...
Good engineering can mitigate both of those risks...

There are already a couple of smaller scale f14s that sell out often and have been in production since I've been flying...
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 29, 2012, 08:41 PM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Mar 2004
3,106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
Good engineering can mitigate both of those risks...

There are already a couple of smaller scale f14s that sell out often and have been in production since I've been flying...
Yea, and they are foam and 70mm sized. Both of which make them easier to deal with. Now double there sizes, make them from a semi composite airframe and come up with a reliable sweep and pivot mechanism and non cartoonish retracts.

Words and paper this is all easy. When you start ACTUALLY doing it, many speed bumps show up along the way. And YES i am speaking From experience, the tomcat is a complex airframe and requires a constant over-view of its systems during operation
invertmast is offline Find More Posts by invertmast
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:23 PM
Gotta have toys!
La Jolla, CA. USA
Joined May 2006
856 Posts
My guess is that the next Platinum series E-Flight jet is pictured on this page.

http://www.bvmjets.com/Pages/kits/jetkits.htm

The first three are smaller variants of jets pictured here, and the third one is likely to be as well for obvious reasons. Just saying...

e-flight jets
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Airplanes/DuctedFan/
1bwana1 is offline Find More Posts by 1bwana1
Old Aug 29, 2012, 09:32 PM
Joined Nov 2005
5,675 Posts
Forgot to mention JHH's F14s...

Either way, it's not complicated and a two servo swing wing has already been proven simple, light and inexpensive ...would love to see eflight make this jet
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:33 PM
United States, FL, North Port
Joined Mar 2004
3,106 Posts
Exactly my point. How many of the 90mm versions of the JHH F14 do you see flying? I dont think i have ever seen one in person
invertmast is offline Find More Posts by invertmast
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:39 PM
upland CA
Joined Dec 2004
7,185 Posts
?

Quote:
Forgot to mention JHH's F14s...

Either way, it's not complicated and a two servo swing wing has already been proven simple, light and inexpensive ...would love to see eflight make this jet
Are you saying the JHH F14 is not complicated?...have you ever seen the kit in the box?.....its a very Long build
turbonut is online now Find More Posts by turbonut
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:04 AM
St.Catharines, Ontario
Joined Jan 2009
10,377 Posts
I hope it's not another F-86. sorry, but there's a s many of those as there are Hawks. the market is saturated with them. I vote Eagle AND Voodoo. how about a Viggen!?
LuvEvolution7 is offline Find More Posts by LuvEvolution7
Old Aug 30, 2012, 02:44 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined Aug 2009
394 Posts
Quote:
Mig 21 to compliment F4 would be nice
Ditto, I would kill for a decent Mig 21. I know HET make one but its issues are well known and HET cant match e-Flite for quality.
Arkx400 is offline Find More Posts by Arkx400
Old Aug 30, 2012, 02:45 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined Aug 2009
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandermh View Post
The F-4 was in the inventory for a long time and saw military action, so there is always an affinity for such planes.
Just like the F-14, I am sure they were involved in Gulf 1.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 02:48 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined Aug 2009
394 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamFactory View Post
Hmm.... (what do i pic to make a Few ARF's of ? F-14 or F106 Interceptor?)

With two Shcubelers ds-90s or 2 CS 90mm 12 bladers ?
Stumax all the way. I have his 80mm fan in my E-Flite F4 and the sound is sweet. Puts out about 2000 watts as well.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 03:22 AM
Ireland, Co. Dublin, Dublin
Joined Feb 2012
312 Posts
I know people love their 90mm fans, but IMO it would be nicer to set it up as a dual 70 or 80 at a push in order to keep the size to something reasonable (i.e. can fit in a Corolla)
Quandry is offline Find More Posts by Quandry
Old Aug 30, 2012, 06:54 AM
Da' Cajun
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
2,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bwana1 View Post
My guess is that the next Platinum series E-Flight jet is pictured on this page.

http://www.bvmjets.com/Pages/kits/jetkits.htm

The first three are smaller variants of jets pictured here, and the third one is likely to be as well for obvious reasons. Just saying...

e-flight jets
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Airplanes/DuctedFan/
Ding! Ding! Ding! We have a winner folks.

I thought I read somewhere that one of the BVM designers is now with E Flite now. That, and their leaning toward the jets of the '50's & '60's should give some insight on what's next.

I'm going with the F100 or P-80/T-33. Both would be easy designs to bring to market.
The foamie versions are selling well so it would be a safe bet business wise.

But a MiG 21 would really be a sensation.
Boogie_ is offline Find More Posts by Boogie_
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:34 AM
Joined Nov 2005
5,675 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbonut View Post
Are you saying the JHH F14 is not complicated?...have you ever seen the kit in the box?.....its a very Long build
No,
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:52 AM
Fairborn, OH
Joined Nov 2009
544 Posts
Even if they weren't complicated to design and build (which I think they are), there is the issue of their flying characteristics. The threads on those foamy F-14s tell the story of these airframes not being easy fliers. So even if they decided that the design and build issues could be reasonably managed, they'd have to decide if they wanted to release a jet geared to the smaller number of skilled flyers.
alexandermh is offline Find More Posts by alexandermh
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:16 AM
The Earth got in the way!
United States, OH, Canal Winchester
Joined Feb 2007
6,176 Posts
That's because, like I said earlier, the CG and Center of Lift change when the wings are swept. I had a Tornado and with the wings extended it flew perfect, but when the wings swept it was a completely different plane. The CG was way off and all the trims were WAY off. Also it used ailerons and they were not effective in the swept position, guess thats why the Cat doesn't use them.
You won't see an E-flite F-14 anytime soon.... or IMO anytime at all.

As for the Saber, Well the Mig-15 and F-86 are the big sellers just like the P-51 is the biggest Warbird seller. They are also the simplest in design. Thrust tube with wings.
kuczy is online now Find More Posts by kuczy
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 92" Edge