HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by electricrc68, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 24, 2012, 10:32 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,408 Posts
Discussion
Rebuilt the micro T-28!

Well I rebuilt my Micro T-28 Trojan! It was quite tricky when putting in the pushrods, but other than that, it was a piece of cake! I tried to re-maiden it today, and well...i plugged the motor in backwards thus causing the plane to move backwards rather than forward! Fixed that and am going to move the re-maiden to tomorrow. Im going down to my LHS tomorrow to pick up a 3 bladed prop for the T-28 and a spare prop for my Champ...my dad wants to learn to fly on the Champ. Here are some pictures of the T-28 all ready to go.
electricrc68 is offline Find More Posts by electricrc68
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2012, 01:37 AM
Suspended Account
United States, VA, Ashburn
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Good job man can't believe your dad wants you on the champ......you are wayyyy past that stage.
Also, you should know that your nose wheel is wayyyyy off.
RCAddict16 is offline Find More Posts by RCAddict16
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:46 AM
Joined May 2011
4,408 Posts
Well my dad doesn't want me on the Champ...he wants to learn himself on the champ. Yeah my nose wheel had quite a hit when i crashed it before the rebuild...it was salvageable, so I just decided to use the gear.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:51 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Oh woops haha read that wrong. I might have to rebuild my sukhoi soon. Its already pretty beat. I have cracked the elevator and rudder, dented the nose a bunch, broken a prop, replaced the stock motor (shriek of death), and a bunch of paint has been scraped of of the wings. I've had it for 2 weeks now. I need to stop flying 5-10 feet up LOL. Anyways.....I put cool stickers on it so check out my blog if you want to
Old Aug 25, 2012, 12:54 PM
Joined May 2011
4,408 Posts
Just checked out your blog, and man that Sukhoi looks awesome with those stickers on there! I think a bit more altitude would be good rather than just 5-10 feet LOL!!! How do you like your sukhoi? Im stuck on either the Sukhoi or Polecat...
Old Aug 25, 2012, 01:00 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
Well most of the damage on my sukhoi was from the first 10 flights. I had to get used to it because I can't use expo (Dx5e). If you can use expo, go for it, if not and you really want it, get used to a little bit of missing paint . If you are not crashing the UM T28 you can hndle the sukhoi with expo, and the polecat without. The only reason I ca fly the sukhoi w/o expo is because I'm used to 3D planes lol. Personally id wait for the spitfire. I can't wait for it!
Old Aug 25, 2012, 01:17 PM
Joined May 2011
4,408 Posts
Okay cool thanks! I have the DX7s so im able to use expo. Yeah the spitfire looks real cool..nice and scale looking which is what I love..I'm a real fan of scale planes/flying...it also has AS3X!!!! Maybe I'll get that one...whenever its available. I know that my mom is going to be getting me the UMX MiG 15 for xmas....she already told me LOL!
Old Aug 25, 2012, 06:19 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
hahaha awesome!! Get lots of batts lol.........I'm getting a 3DHS 42" Slick and a power system for xmas. Ill be getting a $500 plane for $250 because im buying a combo deal from twisted hobbys. You get the 78g 1100kv motor, 11x5.5 prop, 4 mg servos, and a 45amp EC for only $96!!! LOL I only have a Dx5e. Getting a used 6I for $60 soon. Yeah I love warbirds too, I have a T28 and big Spitfire. But I love 3D the most
Old Aug 25, 2012, 06:37 PM
Joined May 2011
4,408 Posts
Yeah Im definitely going to be getting lots of batteries for the MiG! Thats a pretty good deal you're getting there! Thats awesome! Used DX6i for $60 is amazing!! Same price as a DX5E!!!! My most favorite type of aircraft is Civilian...more specifically...AIRLINERS!!!!! (and anything Cessna ). Too bad nobody makes airliners that are actually affordable for me at the moment... Nobody really makes that many civilian aircraft either...that are micro atleast.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 08:27 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
DF micro airliners? You are getting one right?
Old Aug 25, 2012, 08:31 PM
Joined May 2011
4,408 Posts
Thought of it, but they aren't "real" airliners...I like em to have EDF units.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:17 PM
Joined May 2011
4,408 Posts
Damnit RCaddict you got me looking at 3D planes again!!! Now I want every single UM out there as well as every single 3D plane out there...THANKS A LOT.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:04 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2012
2,784 Posts
LOL. Get a crack yak. You just can't kill them and its only $50 more than a pkz UM. And way more fun to fly. Mybe you could make your own UMX 747 just strip your mig 15 when it expires and order a bunch of depron. For the wings, use foam safe CA to glue two pieces together then sand it to an airfoil shape. Then just cut out parts for the fuse like its a balsa frame and curve 1mm around the frame. Oh yeah btw my name's cullen and I'm 15. Me an a bunch of other people have a "teen chat thread". Fel free to join us
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:11 AM
Joined May 2011
4,408 Posts
Where can i find a crack yak? I actually was thinking of maybe the slicko as my first 3D plane. Yeah the pkz UM planes aren't that fun to fly, but i guess they are okay. Can't say about the e-flite UMX planes yet though...those should be much, much better. I've tried scratchbuilding and well...it didn't turn out too well...nose dive, then too tail heavy, then it wouldn't even fly...
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:38 AM
Joined May 2011
4,408 Posts
Nevermind I found the crack yak. You know what, i guess i will buy the crack yak instead of the slicko...which of these glues will work fine for building it? Also, which power combo should i get from Twisted Hobbys?

Glue 1: http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...E--dsh-/Detail

Glue 2: http://www.headsuprc.com/servlet/the...E--dsh-/Detail