HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 24, 2012, 08:07 PM
Joined Jan 2009
8 Posts
Help!
Nexstar Mini EP Motor help.

Im new to the airplane world so i need a little help.. When I take my new nexstar mini ep with a fully charged battery flying about 3-5 mins into the flight the power to the motor cuts out so i have to take the throttle to 0% then back on for it to cut back on. It only happens when im on full throttle. I dont know if its a motor over heat sensor or if my battery maybe dead. Its brand new and only had about 4 flights on it. I always make sure the battery is fully charged before i fly. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
linkinparkkid3 is offline Find More Posts by linkinparkkid3
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 14, 2012, 07:55 PM
United States, TN, Bell Buckle
Joined Jul 2012
26 Posts
mine did same thing. turned out my prop adapter was loose and motor was over revving and over heating.. i eventually fried the motor..
i saw prop slipping on a low pass.
i replaced motor and only fly with stock prop and i average 10 minute flight times..
iammrfixit is offline Find More Posts by iammrfixit
Old Oct 14, 2012, 09:48 PM
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,197 Posts
the motor cuts out so i have to take the throttle to 0% then back on for it to cut back on

I'll bet you are hitting LVC, presumably because your pack can't supply the current the motor needs without the voltage dropping too low.

What pack do you have, what motor, what prop?
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Old Oct 30, 2012, 06:10 PM
Joined Jan 2009
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Kiwi View Post
the motor cuts out so i have to take the throttle to 0% then back on for it to cut back on

I'll bet you are hitting LVC, presumably because your pack can't supply the current the motor needs without the voltage dropping too low.

What pack do you have, what motor, what prop?
Pack is Super Tigre Lithium-polymer 1250mAh 11.1V 15C, SuperTigre 400 brushless motor, SuperTigre 20A brushless ESC
Old Oct 31, 2012, 02:15 PM
Chattanooga, Tennessee, United States
Joined May 2003
27,197 Posts
What size prop are you using... if it's the stock 9x6 that will draw 13A at WOT (which is on the limit for that pack anyway).. after 3-4 minutes your pack will be pretty much drained.. hence voltage under load will be far less than you had at the beginning.. so it would be easy to hit LVC.
Dr Kiwi is offline Find More Posts by Dr Kiwi
Last edited by Dr Kiwi; Oct 31, 2012 at 02:20 PM.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 12:43 PM
Joined Jan 2009
8 Posts
9x4.5 I believe.