HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:38 PM
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
Everything looks fine, its gotten worse now to the point where its unflyable. I like this heli so i want to keep flying it, would yall recommend fixing the one i have or just buying a new one? I'm not the best pilot but before i started having these problems with the 9116 i was doing well and flying regularly without crashing it. We also just got a DH 9104 and another 3CH which i can fly with no problem (not that they are difficult to fly). I think im ready for something thats a little better quality and am considering the Walkera V200D02. I'm not sure if flybarless is the way to go or not but from the research i have done it seems to be a decent heli. If you think i should stay away from this heli please let me know and any other recommendations are always appreciated. Going to post a link if anyone wants to check out the Walkera http://http://www.xheli.com/walkerah...lcd-2402d.html
Akira38 is offline Find More Posts by Akira38
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:24 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,442 Posts
I have always been of the opinion that the 9116 was sub-standard for reliability, quality and performance. I help where I can, since you can't talk people out of buying them. But, there are much better choices that ultimately cost less, are far more reliable and will teach you more. The V200D02 is NOT a good choice. It has crappy motors and a poor tail drive system. Walkera replaced both with the brushless motor and tail drive used in the V200D01, a much better heli. But, they still sell the V200D02 to anyone foolish enough to buy one. Please keep in mind that when you buy Walkera you can expect some durability issues.

A better choice for an upgrade would be a Blade 120SR, Blade MQx quad or V929 quad (it's a MQx clone).
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:10 AM
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
I'm sorry i made a post yesterday but apparently i didn't hit the post button. I appreciate both of yalls help, i think i'm going to order another 9116 just because they are on sale for $38. I'm also thinking about getting the Walkera V200D02. It seems like a good heli and i feel that im a decent enough pilot now to get a little nicer of a heli. Feel free to post your opinions about this heli and any other recommendations are always apprecaited. Thanks a bunch guys yall really helped me out!
Old Aug 30, 2012, 01:38 AM
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
apparently i had an issue because now i see both of my post lol. Thank you Balr ill check that one out now.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 02:20 AM
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
Just checked out the helis that you recommended. I never looked into the quad copters before, do they fly well outside? It seems like a breeze would get the best of them but they look challenging and fun to fly.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 08:20 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,442 Posts
Quads handle wind better than you would expect, even the small ones. They respond faster than any heli (no moving parts) and have tremendous movement authority. They also have cool electronic hardware that helps a lot, on better quads. Check this out and listen to the wind in the background. I have a smaller version of this quad (MWC X250) , but it's just about as fast and wind isn't much of a factor.
best toy ever (multicopter) (2 min 25 sec)

Now the ultralight micros don't have the weight or power to do this, but they will handle wind better and out-perform any FP heli. They are also nearly indestructible. My MQx has been crashed at least 100 times, usually when I'm trying to do a flip or loop. So far, in 6 months I had a bad motor that Horizon replaced for free and broke one rotor.
Last edited by Balr14; Aug 30, 2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:45 PM
United States, KS, Wichita
Joined May 2010
62 Posts
Is it just me, or is that ball link pushed on to far?

livingword26 is offline Find More Posts by livingword26
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:29 PM
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
I'm not sure Livingword i'll check it out and see.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 11:32 PM
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
I think I'm going to go with the Blade mQX. Anything i should get with it as well? i read that some people are getting extra batteries batteries to extend flight time. I would like to do that but im not sure if that would burn the motors up or not.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 01:05 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
[QUOTE=livingword26;22599440]Is it just me, or is that ball link pushed on to far?

Looks like it. Link pushed too far in over ball.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Old Aug 31, 2012, 08:38 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,442 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira38 View Post
I think I'm going to go with the Blade mQX. Anything i should get with it as well? i read that some people are getting extra batteries batteries to extend flight time. I would like to do that but im not sure if that would burn the motors up or not.
I have 5 batteries for mine. You just have to allow a minute or two between flights. I get more than 10 minutes flight time per battery, so 5 batteries lasts quite awhile. Get an extra counterclockwise motor and a set of orange blades. That's all I've replaced in 6 months. I got the really cool canopy from McDonalds. Seriously, the canopy really helps with orientation. If I can see the red, I know it's the front. I don't have to worry about orientation with the X250, so I left the canopy clear.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 04:39 PM
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
Awesome thank you! without your help i probably would have wasted my money. I'll be sure to let you know what i think once i get it, can't thank you enough.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 01:23 PM
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
So i got the mQX yesterday and i love it, lucky for my i found a hobby shop about an hour away that had it in stock. Its a night and day difference between a regular heli, the controls are very responsive. my only question is the binding process, in the binding instructions it says to turn the heli on first but elsewhere in the instructions it says to turn the transmitter on first so it contridicts itself. I just want to know which is right so i don't mess it up. I know with most helis you turn the transmitter on first.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 01:40 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,442 Posts
Turn the transmitter on first for normal operation. You turn the heli on first just for binding, which you only do once. Don't forget, the standard controller has dual rates and the default setting is high rates.
Old Sep 02, 2012, 02:54 PM
Joined Aug 2012
18 Posts
oooooh ok i see thats what had me confused, thank you. Now i just need some practice, hopefully soon ill be good enough for rolls and flips.