SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 30, 2012, 03:34 PM
Vulcan skyhook multirotor
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined Feb 2011
665 Posts
Here is a intresting frame sim to zerouav http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1754022
Andre6553 is offline Find More Posts by Andre6553
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:03 PM
United States, NH, Barrington
Joined Sep 2011
248 Posts
Well, I am hung up on the wiring harness. I expected to just solder the esc wires together then connect them to a 12 ga going to the battery. Simple stuff. Unfortunately, the wires from the esc's are very short and only reach the length of the arm. Does anybody know how these were intended to connect? Am I missing a wire harness with the kit? About the only option I can come up with is to extend the wires a foot or so but didn't want to do that until I could understand the "correct" way to make the harness (if there is one).
Socratic is offline Find More Posts by Socratic
Old Oct 30, 2012, 04:06 PM
Joined Sep 2011
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andre6553 View Post
Here is a intresting frame sim to zerouav http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1754022
Yes, I have seen this in a few other forums. Looks like Foxtech also worked out a deal with Zaitsevsky as well. They have pricing on their site along with some videos. I am hoping to do a side by side at some point - not too soon though. Still trying to get this one built.
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:51 PM
sydney, downunder
Joined Jan 2011
1,663 Posts
Only time will tell which solution performs better. If only zero reads the international market better, they would probably go on developing a hex instead of quad.
fajar is offline Find More Posts by fajar
Old Oct 31, 2012, 06:27 AM
New Zealand, Auckland, Waitakere
Joined Sep 2007
737 Posts
Bring on a X8! Im a sucker for redundancy!
koolkiwikat is offline Find More Posts by koolkiwikat
Old Nov 02, 2012, 03:42 PM
Joined Sep 2011
248 Posts
I started assembling my Steadi470 and decided to make some videos of the process - As far as I know there is no documentation other than what is on the first post of this thread. It is a little slow going but hopefully I will get there.....eventually. I am hung up on deciding what approach I should take for making a wiring harness. Extend each ESC wire and use bullet connectors to a 4 way looks to be the way I am leaning. In any case here are a couple of videos that might help someone else.

Basic Frame Assembly
Zero Steadi470 Assembling arms and landing gear (6 min 47 sec)

Camera Gimbal Installation
Zero Steadi470 Installing Camera Gimbal (9 min 45 sec)
Old Nov 03, 2012, 06:56 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic View Post
I started assembling my Steadi470 and decided to make some videos of the process - As far as I know there is no documentation other than what is on the first post of this thread. It is a little slow going but hopefully I will get there.....eventually. I am hung up on deciding what approach I should take for making a wiring harness. Extend each ESC wire and use bullet connectors to a 4 way looks to be the way I am leaning. In any case here are a couple of videos that might help someone else.

Basic Frame Assembly http://youtu.be/NtDSdNRcROk
Camera Gimbal Installation http://youtu.be/isW5S3llctA
Hi Socratic...good videos. I am watching quite closely and if I see something that I think is wrong, especially when it comes to setting up the YS-X6 side of it, I will let you know.

Rob
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Nov 06, 2012, 08:52 AM
Joined Oct 2012
3 Posts
Spanish unboxing

IFXS 21 Unboxing ZeroUAV Steadi 470 (7 min 13 sec)
olahf is offline Find More Posts by olahf
Old Nov 07, 2012, 06:44 PM
Vilnius, Lithuania (EU)
Joined May 2009
586 Posts
Quote:
I started assembling my Steadi470 and decided to make some videos of the process - As far as I know there is no documentation other than what is on the first post of this thread. It is a little slow going but hopefully I will get there.....eventually.
Do I see a copy of the misconception of the first version of the first copy (mini650)? It was a mistake with a third axis for a camera tilting.

Zaitsevsky is offline Find More Posts by Zaitsevsky
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 07, 2012, 07:01 PM
Joined Sep 2011
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaitsevsky View Post
Do I see a copy of the misconception of the first version of the first copy (mini650)? It was a mistake with a third axis for a camera tilting.

I think you are correct. I was wondering what that servo holder was for. I see your point regarding balance. Hmmmmmm
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:21 AM
Joined Mar 2012
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by New Copter View Post
Thanks for sharing the video.
Any information about the used camera?

Thanks in advance.
It's Sony 5N
zerouav is offline Find More Posts by zerouav
Old Nov 14, 2012, 08:41 AM
Joined Mar 2012
36 Posts
Quote:
Basic Frame Assembly http://youtu.be/NtDSdNRcROk
Camera Gimbal Installation http://youtu.be/isW5S3llctA
Quote:
Originally Posted by olahf View Post
Nice videos !!

Here is a video taken by customer, aerial photography of the Great Wall, very amazing!
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNDcwMjQzMTI4.html
zerouav is offline Find More Posts by zerouav
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:49 AM
Joined Sep 2011
248 Posts
Shock Mount for IMU?

Does anyone know if I need to make a shock mount for the two IMU units? I believe the IMU requires a shock pad when bought separately???
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:59 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Sep 2010
2,495 Posts
Quote:
Does anyone know if I need to make a shock mount for the two IMU units? I believe the IMU requires a shock pad when bought separately???
Do not use the soft shock pad as it causes a lot of problems. Use Double sided tape. This has been used successfully on all the YS-X6 installations.
robone is offline Find More Posts by robone
Old Nov 14, 2012, 01:40 PM
Joined Sep 2011
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robone View Post
Do not use the soft shock pad as it causes a lot of problems. Use Double sided tape. This has been used successfully on all the YS-X6 installations.
Thanks for the answer. Now onward! Hopefully get this baby flying pretty soon.