HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:06 PM
Joined Nov 2012
117 Posts
I got my kit yesterday and after inventory it seems that I have only one pair of CF landing legs. What is the best method to use to go about getting the missing parts?
VytasandRio is offline Find More Posts by VytasandRio
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:29 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by VytasandRio View Post
I got my kit yesterday and after inventory it seems that I have only one pair of CF landing legs. What is the best method to use to go about getting the missing parts?
Complain to HK via their website - keep everything they sent you including the packing. They will most likely ask you for the weight of the package.
To get you in the air as fast as possible you might be best ordering the missing items separately otherwise it might be another month before you get it in the air.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:37 AM
Joined Jul 2012
161 Posts
can we use talon v2 landing legs ?
because this part is not available for tricopter
ziggy95 is online now Find More Posts by ziggy95
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:50 AM
Sydney N.S.W Maroubra
Joined May 2007
81 Posts
Does anyone know why my tail servo keeps pulling hard to the right just after lift off?
thumbglitch is offline Find More Posts by thumbglitch
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:44 AM
Joined Jul 2012
161 Posts
i don't know the name in english.

Connect your servo (power on )
It will find the neutral
Then connect your servo to your motor (palonniers in french)

And retry
ziggy95 is online now Find More Posts by ziggy95
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:23 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,955 Posts
palonnier = (in this context) servo horn

Yep - You should make sure the props are off, arm the board and power up slightly (30% should do), the servo will centre, attach the servo horn with the motor spindle as close to vertical as possible and with any tilt pushing to resist the torque of the 3rd prop, screw the horn back on and try again.

If it still starts to head of in a spin then you'll have to reverse the YAW direction from -100 to 100 or 100 to -100 depending on what your current setting is. It's covered in the KK2 thread here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1675613
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:34 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbglitch View Post
Does anyone know why my tail servo keeps pulling hard to the right just after lift off?
counteracting of the torque of the props. If you switch all your props to ccounter rotate, or keep the ones you have now, the motor will lean to the left when hovering. It's normal.
H
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Last edited by shelterock; Jan 25, 2013 at 12:20 PM. Reason: poor english
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:43 PM
Sydney N.S.W Maroubra
Joined May 2007
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelterock View Post
counteracting of the torque of the props. If you switch all your props to ccounter rotate the ones you have now the motor will lean to the left.
H
Not sure I get that I have the props set as per the kk2 left cw right and yaw ccw.

Not sure but I will try the reversing of the gyro on the KK2 makes sense as its what happens on rc Helis with reversed rudder settings
thumbglitch is offline Find More Posts by thumbglitch
Old Jan 25, 2013, 12:17 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
Joined May 2011
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbglitch View Post
Not sure I get that I have the props set as per the kk2 left cw right and yaw ccw.

Not sure but I will try the reversing of the gyro on the KK2 makes sense as its what happens on rc Helis with reversed rudder settings
Does the tri hover stable? If so then you're good. Don't mess with it. Reversing Gyros should not be needed.

The Trans needs to be setup in aero mode not Heli and the rudder input should be such that left stick makes the tri go left, but actually the servo will tilt right. Think of it like a forklift truck with streering in the rear. With a forklift, if you turn left you go left but the rear wheels turn right. Same thing.

As far as what props, you can use any combination of props. CW CCW doesn't matter. The only difference in prop rotation direction relates to how level the frame appears in the air. MY tri with 3 CCW props droops the left front arm ever so slightly. With a CW and CCW prop on the front arms to flies more level but doesn't behave differently.
Stick with the gyro the way it is. Give 1/3 throttle, don't take off, see that the tail motor tilts right for left rudder input and tilts left for right stick input. If thats correct you are in business. Start crashing!!
If you get left tilt with left stick, reverse the rudder settings in your radio.

To test the gyro setting, hold the tri, WITHOUT PROPS, throttle up to 1/2 throttle and quick push the tail left quickly and the motor should tilt right to compensate.
If it tilts left it will amplify the direction of drift and that shows the gyro is compensating in the wrong direction.

Stock KK2's with 1.2-1.5FW typically have not had any issues with reversed gyros.
H
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:47 AM
United Kingdom, England, Newcastle upon Tyne
Joined Oct 2012
225 Posts
I have just recieved my Tri and i have installed a Crius v2 (megapirateng 2.8r3)

pretty much everything is working but I do have a question around the megapirateng configuration specifically frame orientation;
the options available are

+ frame
x frame or v frame

I currently have it set on x frame: but I was wondering if I should just comment out the : #define FRAME_ORIENTATION X_FRAME

Does anyone use the crius board on thier tri and if so what orientation did you use if any.

The only issue I have thus far is the servo doesn't seem to do anything when i move it around on the ground I have the servo plugged into port 2 on the crius board.

Any help, advice or pointers greatly appreciated
Tony
t1sugar is offline Find More Posts by t1sugar
Old Jan 26, 2013, 10:05 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
Joined May 2011
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1sugar View Post
I have just recieved my Tri and i have installed a Crius v2 (megapirateng 2.8r3)

pretty much everything is working but I do have a question around the megapirateng configuration specifically frame orientation;
the options available are

+ frame
x frame or v frame

I currently have it set on x frame: but I was wondering if I should just comment out the : #define FRAME_ORIENTATION X_FRAME

Does anyone use the crius board on thier tri and if so what orientation did you use if any.

The only issue I have thus far is the servo doesn't seem to do anything when i move it around on the ground I have the servo plugged into port 2 on the crius board.

Any help, advice or pointers greatly appreciated
Tony
I've read somewhere in the aio thread that you undefined orientation and define tri since there is no variant of the tri setup.
I don't have the aio board. I've read a billion pages of the thread but check there or the build a tricopter thread. Kk2 seems the more common controller here.
H
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:28 AM
United Kingdom, England, Newcastle upon Tyne
Joined Oct 2012
225 Posts
Thanks Shelterock.

Ive commented the line out and it seems to be ok, I was also still having problems with port 2 for the servo so I have moved it to port 7 incase its my eyes failing me and it was meant to go there in the first instance??????

anyway the servo twitched into life on port 7 on the v2, just waiting for the wind to die down to test.

Thanks again, if anyone has any thoughts on crius servo port I would be greatful to hear it.

T
t1sugar is offline Find More Posts by t1sugar
Last edited by t1sugar; Jan 29, 2013 at 01:29 AM. Reason: name spelling
Old Jan 29, 2013, 05:36 AM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
Joined May 2011
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyd123 View Post
thank you thwaitm and ziggy... thats very helpful info for us newbs.

Does anyone have an ardupilot on their talon tri? if so some settings would be a lot of help for me. ( I got an apm 2.5 for my talon tri and Im building an RC Explorer with a KK2 for my trainer)

thanks again guys, your advice really is very much appreciated!

jeff
Hi Jeff,
Is your apm from rctimer or 3dr DIY drones?
I see a mediatek GPS and radio telemetry set up for $179 including case assembled. The price has come down and I like the planner software. I think it's going to be my next controller.
How's your experience been with it compared to the kk2?
H
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:33 PM
United States, OR, Bend
Joined Jan 2008
252 Posts
hey shelter...

Got my APM2.5 at RC Timer with the gps and 900m telemetry. he shipped it reasonably fast and it arrived OK.

Unfortunately, i haven't played with it yet as Im building an RC Explorer to train on (running a KK2). I want to be certain i wont hook up anything wrong and burn it out as its fairly pricey. im also planning on using a minimosd but i read that hooking it up can be tricky as it has to go to the UART port ( i think)

Watched a bunch or your vids last weekend... very funny and informative. Im thinking about a bixler 2. your soaring session on the cliff at sunset reminds me of torrey pines in san diego... really sweet spot. great vids!

jeff
jeffyd123 is offline Find More Posts by jeffyd123
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:25 AM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
Joined May 2011
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffyd123 View Post
hey shelter...

Got my APM2.5 at RC Timer with the gps and 900m telemetry. he shipped it reasonably fast and it arrived OK.

Unfortunately, i haven't played with it yet as Im building an RC Explorer to train on (running a KK2). I want to be certain i wont hook up anything wrong and burn it out as its fairly pricey. im also planning on using a minimosd but i read that hooking it up can be tricky as it has to go to the UART port ( i think)

Watched a bunch or your vids last weekend... very funny and informative. Im thinking about a bixler 2. your soaring session on the cliff at sunset reminds me of torrey pines in san diego... really sweet spot. great vids!

jeff
Hi Jeff,
I'm close to ordering an apm2.5+ from DIY drones. Board, GPS, case, assembled, power module for $179. Radio is another $50, so $229. What was your total? $140~?

The videos your referring to must be don's dhdsracer series. The bixler2 is a great choice. We have 3 sky surfers 1st and second gen. Love this planes. My youtube channel is b6s4shelter.
H