SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 07, 2013, 01:27 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
OK shelterock - I see where you're coming from. I'll take a(nother) look at the manual and maybe some vids which I'm sure are around on YT to help me sort it out.
The stick scaling in the menu of the KK2 is readily accessible and you can experiment with it. Increase by 5 points on roll and pitch but not on yaw. You'll see the immediate impact. The self leveling setting activated takes away some sensitivity compared to non self leveling flight so scaling up the sensitivity, a kin to expo, will help over come this decrease when you activate self leveling. Caution to you as you can quickly exceed your reflexes. H
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:18 PM
If it flies, I can crash it!
djdavid60's Avatar
Naperville, IL
Joined Aug 2010
1,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrhide View Post
That makes sense now! Thank you very much for that answer!
I tried different configs of props on my tricopter and didn't notice any real difference. So now I have them all spinning CW, that way I only have to buy one kind of prop for it.
djdavid60 is offline Find More Posts by djdavid60
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2013, 04:21 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavid60 View Post
I tried different configs of props on my tricopter and didn't notice any real difference. So now I have them all spinning CW, that way I only have to buy one kind of prop for it.
The only noticeable difference with front counter rotating props is that your tri will fly more level. You'll see it droops one side with 3 same props. I like my video flat and not tilted. Help my neck when watching the videos on the plasma.
H
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 07, 2013, 09:27 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelterock View Post
The stick scaling in the menu of the KK2 is readily accessible and you can experiment with it. Increase by 5 points on roll and pitch but not on yaw. You'll see the immediate impact. The self leveling setting activated takes away some sensitivity compared to non self leveling flight so scaling up the sensitivity, a kin to expo, will help over come this decrease when you activate self leveling. Caution to you as you can quickly exceed your reflexes. H
Yep - this is one of the real beauties of the KK2 is that to change the settings I don't need to take it indoors and plug it into the PC again... outside, test, inside, plug, outside, test ad infinitum.

I'll look forward to the time to play with that then. Thanks shelterock.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 01:06 AM
Not a six pack
rocketscience's Avatar
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jul 2008
5,298 Posts
Just wanted to update .. this servo has been working really well. Only a few flights mind you, but I don't think I have to worry about a sheared output shaft. Decently quick, seems to hold the tail. I do see a slight shake on the tail but I had that even with the 306 - I believe it's my setup or my settings.
rocketscience is offline Find More Posts by rocketscience
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:00 PM
If it flies, I can crash it!
djdavid60's Avatar
Naperville, IL
Joined Aug 2010
1,155 Posts
Well, I joined the club...Just ordered the Talon Tri from HK. Will be picking out electronics over the next few days.

Doug
djdavid60 is offline Find More Posts by djdavid60
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 04:42 PM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavid60 View Post
Well, I joined the club...Just ordered the Talon Tri from HK. Will be picking out electronics over the next few days.

Doug
Welcome. Awesome piece of kit. Can be built light and efficient or like tank heavy lifter. May excellent options in these pages for all budgets.
H
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:15 PM
If it flies, I can crash it!
djdavid60's Avatar
Naperville, IL
Joined Aug 2010
1,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelterock View Post
Welcome. Awesome piece of kit. Can be built light and efficient or like tank heavy lifter. May excellent options in these pages for all budgets.
H
I am going with a Paris controller for sure. I'm a multiwii fan. I have one in my Y6 and I really like it. So that decision is made. I ordered the NTM 2826 1000KV motors with the frame. I have a bunch of new ESCs in my workshop, so I will go through those and see if I have anything suitable. The tail servo will be a HiTec 225MG.

Doug
djdavid60 is offline Find More Posts by djdavid60
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:37 PM
If it flies, I can crash it!
djdavid60's Avatar
Naperville, IL
Joined Aug 2010
1,155 Posts
Hey guys, I just checked my order at HK and they put a Buddy Code Price on the NTM 1000KV motors if you follow this link, they are only $13.33.

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...4-DFBB8559B81E

Doug
djdavid60 is offline Find More Posts by djdavid60
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 08:26 PM
Registered User
Mrhide's Avatar
Canada, QC, Laval
Joined Aug 2012
205 Posts
kk2 settings

just a quick note since I'm now a happy newby flyer!

calibrating my ESCs really helped! (duh!) no more wobbly!

Calibrate ESC's using the KK2 Board (0 min 50 sec)


and yasuo840's settings are working for me.
Turnigy Talon Tricopter (V1.0) & HK KK2.0 FirmwareV1.2 Vol.36 Test flight (8 min 34 sec)



while I'm at it, yes this is my first build so here some pics










it's been fun
Mrhide is offline Find More Posts by Mrhide
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:01 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,996 Posts
I just upped my stick scaling to about 50 55 on my KK2 and now it flips without performing a ground dart manoeuvre 3/4 of the way round... or needing to be 80m up... :-)

I'll get used to like this for a bit then maybe up it some more to get it a bit tighter. The flip is currently it's at about 1.5 lengths in diameter so more like a tight roll than a flip but way better than at 30 where it was about 10 lengths or maybe more.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:26 AM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavid60 View Post
Hey guys, I just checked my order at HK and they put a Buddy Code Price on the NTM 1000KV motors if you follow this link, they are only $13.33.

http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...4-DFBB8559B81E

Doug
Doug,
Thank you, I got the code and ordered 2 spares.
H
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:30 AM
Fly, crash, rebuild.
United States, NY, Shelter Island
Joined May 2011
878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thwaitm View Post
I just upped my stick scaling to about 50 55 on my KK2 and now it flips without performing a ground dart manoeuvre 3/4 of the way round... or needing to be 80m up... :-)

I'll get used to like this for a bit then maybe up it some more to get it a bit tighter. The flip is currently it's at about 1.5 lengths in diameter so more like a tight roll than a flip but way better than at 30 where it was about 10 lengths or maybe more.
that's cool, I've read guys flying with stick scaling near or at 100!!! seriously twitchy. What technique are you using to flip. staying on the throttle?
H
shelterock is offline Find More Posts by shelterock
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:42 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,996 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelterock View Post
that's cool, I've read guys flying with stick scaling near or at 100!!! seriously twitchy. What technique are you using to flip. staying on the throttle?
H
From a hover... blip of throttle to start gaining altitude, back to hover level throttle and at the same time full rear elevator and hold it till it's back in basically the same spot...

I tried less throttle and more throttle but found that basically the tightest loop/flip was when slightly gaining altitude at the beginning - or at least it seemed to end up closer to the start than with the other two options.

PITA is that my GoPro battery was flat for that part!! damn

I have no idea how you can control a tri/quad with stick scaling at 100 or more. Hovering, at 80 with 30% expo might be within my limit but it wouldn't be any fun to fly! My CPU would overheat.
thwaitm is offline Find More Posts by thwaitm
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:39 PM
If it flies, I can crash it!
djdavid60's Avatar
Naperville, IL
Joined Aug 2010
1,155 Posts
I ordered almost everything else for my Talon Tri. The only thing I haven't selected yet is the tail servo. What seems to be the best servo that you guys have been using so far? Is the servo mount plate cut for a mini or micro servo? If it is cut for a micro, have any of you cut out the servo hole and used a larger tail servo?

I also ordered some thrust bearings for the tail servo mechanism from Amain Hobbies, since HK was out of stock.

Here is what I am using so far:

Motors - NTM 28-26 1000KV / 315W
ESCs - Hobbywing FunFly 30A (These work great with the Paris boards)
Controller - Multiwiicopter.com v4r6 PARIS Sirius™ IMU (Gyro, Acc, Mag, Baro) USB, Paris GPS / remote Compass MAG, and OLED: PARIS 1" OLED 128x64 PID tuning display I2C
Lipo - Turnigy Nano-Tech 2650MAh 4S 35-70C

Now I wait for everything to arrive.

Doug
djdavid60 is offline Find More Posts by djdavid60
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product Turnigy Talon Carbon Fiber Quadcopter Frame CrashingDutchman Multirotor Talk 507 Nov 06, 2014 03:05 AM
Discussion Talon V2 or F450 Frame? solars Multirotor Talk 27 Apr 07, 2013 02:56 AM
Sold Turnigy Talon V2 Frame $30 / shipped **PRICE REDUCED pefozzy Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 5 Sep 15, 2012 05:21 PM
For Sale Turnigy Talon Quad Frame V1 penz83 Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 2 Jun 03, 2012 06:17 PM
Sold universal quad frame and tricopter frame dr rc Aircraft - Electric - Multirotor (FS/W) 4 Mar 07, 2012 08:26 PM