SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:24 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,971 Posts
Likewise... mine started it's journey today.
thwaitm is online now Find More Posts by thwaitm
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:29 AM
skidding in the sky
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Jan 2010
1,110 Posts
Thanks Rob, mine's also winging it's way down under.
Does it look like they've r-engineered the blocks from the Talon v2 quad, just that I've had no probs with boom fit in that over the 6 I've fitted?

How does it look for internal space for mounting ESC's power board etc? Or is it a boom mount only situation?

Cheers

WO
WitnessOnly is offline Find More Posts by WitnessOnly
Old Sep 05, 2012, 01:36 AM
about:blank
Slovenia
Joined Aug 2007
406 Posts
I'd also like to know that. I was hoping for a clean wiring setup. Any tips on where and how to mount a 4S 2200?
mongo56 is online now Find More Posts by mongo56
Old Sep 05, 2012, 04:22 PM
Wagga Wagga, Australia
Joined Sep 2008
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongo56 View Post
Good writeup Rob, thank you. Mine should be here in a week or so.
You will like it :-)
RobJCook is offline Find More Posts by RobJCook
Old Sep 05, 2012, 05:05 PM
Wagga Wagga, Australia
Joined Sep 2008
187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WitnessOnly View Post
Thanks Rob, mine's also winging it's way down under.
Does it look like they've r-engineered the blocks from the Talon v2 quad, just that I've had no probs with boom fit in that over the 6 I've fitted?

How does it look for internal space for mounting ESC's power board etc? Or is it a boom mount only situation?

Cheers

WO
Down under -- everything is upside down for us!! :-)

The single block used on the tail arm is the same same as the v2 Quad and I had no problem with its fit.
It was the two new blocks ("Pivot Plat Mounts") which were too tight (CF arm diameter a bit more than 14mm ). :-)

Yes, I like the ESC's in the center too, and with the design they should get enough cooling. You can put heat sinks on them, or at least expose the existing heat sink by carefully cutting away some of the heat shrink covering from that area.

There is plenty of space in between the top and lower plate for ESC's if you want to place them there. That's one think I really like about the design.

Just remember that the two side arms have a spring in the center (near the center inside the Pivot Plat Mounts) and you will need to be careful with wire passing near it. I hope to slide some heat shrink over 14 AGW wire to protect each one. But you will have to work that out depending on what wire size you use.

The tail boom does not have the spring, but you also have the tail servo wire to work with and you may have electrical interference being so close to the ESC wires- so you will need to test this before flying..

You can also attach the camera plate on the bottom instead of the inside as the Assy Drawing shows, for more space inside.

The tri has plenty of scope for personalization -- it's really great.

Quote:
I'd also like to know that. I was hoping for a clean wiring setup. Any tips on where and how to mount a 4S 2200?
Mate I would do what dhdsracer has done and mount it to the camera plate under the quad (but there are plenty of places on the bottom plate too)

What do you think dhdsracer - you have the working model? (Excellent vids you made - that's why I bought mine :-))

-------------------
One other trick to watch is the top and bottom plates have a couple of countersunk holes in them, - just remember to have the countersunk hole side facing outwards when you assemble the center section!

Have fun!

So what motors do you guys plan to use?

Rob
RobJCook is offline Find More Posts by RobJCook
Last edited by RobJCook; Sep 05, 2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:51 PM
skidding in the sky
Joined Jan 2010
1,110 Posts
Rob,
I got a bag of 10x4.5's & I'm going with the NTM 2830 750kv's on 3S I'm hoping that's enough, might have to look at 4S'ing up, what do you think? underpowered?
Old Sep 05, 2012, 09:58 PM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by WitnessOnly View Post
Rob,
I got a bag of 10x4.5's & I'm going with the NTM 2830 750kv's on 3S I'm hoping that's enough, might have to look at 4S'ing up, what do you think? underpowered?
I'm running a quad with 1045 + 980Kv SunnySky on 3S and it clocked 45kmh on GPS and ~10m/s vertical ascent. You might be a little underpowered but with 4S you should be good.
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:03 PM
skidding in the sky
Joined Jan 2010
1,110 Posts
Oh and thanks for the tips and info [forewarned is forearmed]

Looks like I get to take my time with this one

Also sounds like there are going to be as many different configs on this as there seems to be with the Talon quad

I'll be trying to aim for super clean build but knowing me I'll probably just make it to the 'jeez that'll do, lets go fly the bloody thing'.

And don't worry I got me a mighty big bag of shrink tube, and I ain't afraid to use it I say 'bring it'

WO
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:08 PM
Multi Rotor Maniac
Joined Oct 2007
2,843 Posts
Quote:
but knowing me I'll probably just make it to the 'jeez that'll do, lets go fly the bloody thing'.
I can vouch for that.... gday mate
Stunt Double is offline Find More Posts by Stunt Double
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:10 PM
skidding in the sky
Joined Jan 2010
1,110 Posts
thwaitm, cheers

I think I've just been procrastinating on the 4s option (although if you'd seen my already selected 30a ESC choices, you'd suspect I knew that day was coming)

Because I know that if I need 1x4S I'm going to need 5+ of them
Old Sep 05, 2012, 10:11 PM
skidding in the sky
Joined Jan 2010
1,110 Posts
lol

g'day
Old Sep 06, 2012, 01:15 AM
about:blank
Slovenia
Joined Aug 2007
406 Posts
I'll be running NTM 2826-1200 on 4S with 8x4.5 props. Should be fun
mongo56 is online now Find More Posts by mongo56
Old Sep 06, 2012, 01:40 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,971 Posts
Quote:
I'll be running NTM 2826-1200 on 4S with 8x4.5 props. Should be fun
I'll be starting with the same on 3S, I have some 0945 or 1045 props and can rig a 2x 2S 1800mah set up if I decide to test it.
I'm looking forward to it. Also wondering what improvement we can make to the tail block bearing mount...

I have a X525 quad with 1045 and 1200KV motors on 3S and that hits about 15m/s vertical climb. 4S and 0845 should I guess be similar.

My GoPro and 808#16s are at the ready...
Old Sep 06, 2012, 03:28 AM
Joined Dec 2007
11 Posts
anyone going with the NTM 2826 1000KV? with 3S what do you guys think compared to 1200KV and 750KV?
Dworf is offline Find More Posts by Dworf
Old Sep 06, 2012, 04:01 AM
Team WarpSquad
Japan, Tokyo
Joined Jun 2011
2,971 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dworf View Post
anyone going with the NTM 2826 1000KV? with 3S what do you guys think compared to 1200KV and 750KV?
What props are you thinking to run? 1045? 0945?
It'll fly for sure like that but it depends how heavy it ends up being what the performance will be like.