HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2012, 04:12 PM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddSkillz View Post
Okay, since you don't accept that Lance was doping... Then tell us your theory. The names of the riders, and why they would want to spend money in possible defense costs by falsely accusing Armstrong and also managing to somehow convince the USADA (who are not idiots) that their testimony would be good enough. And you think a governing body is just going to strip one of the biggest icons in sports of their titles based on "someone's ax to grind?" Do you think they're that stupid or driven by some revenge? What revenge would the USADA have against Lance to allow themselves to get sucked into this?

I'd also like for you to explain how Lance's hemoglobin levels went up during the 2009 Tour de France.

Thanks.
Were's the beef err test?
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 27, 2012, 04:16 PM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks View Post
Were's the beef err test?

Lance, is that you?
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:27 PM
Cheese eating monkey.
France, Bretagne, Rennes
Joined Jul 2011
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee View Post
This guy beat a Frenchie at his own game, and won the Tour 3 times, and I never heard of any doping scandals about him from the French.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ayvwt...layer_embedded
Great video, it reminds me of my youth.

The trouble is that the guy he beats died of cancer a couple of years ago and before dying admitted that he was on amphetamines. He also admitted that he took cocaine with Greg in Colombia. He believed that he had a moral duty to tell young racers not to be so foolish.

Greg was a real champion truly admired by French people though, pre EPO, the effect of doping was relatively marginal. The problem with Lance is that he killed the suspense beacause he had much better doctors/chemists than the others and everybody got tired of the tour de France.

I am French, clock thousands of miles on my bike every year and have lost interest in the tour because of Lance Amstrong.
Panoramix is offline Find More Posts by Panoramix
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:37 PM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
This is an interesting read... Also make sure to read the comments. People that know more than any of us about this sport and doping firmly believe Lance is a doper. That should count for something.
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:02 PM
I'd rather be Flying
Nashville, NC, USA
Joined Mar 1999
2,954 Posts
Quote:

I'd also like for you to explain how Lance's hemoglobin levels went up during the 2009 Tour de France.

Thanks.
Dehydration can cause a rise in hemoglobin levels.
davecee is online now Find More Posts by davecee
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:13 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecee View Post
Dehydration can cause a rise in hemoglobin levels.
Yup.
madsci_guy is online now Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:30 PM
Pants Up, Don't Loot!
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jun 2005
1,770 Posts
The funny thing is like him or not, "titles" or not, Armstrong won those races, the vast majority of fans believe he did it fairly, and USADA cannot take that away

I also heard that Armstrong was quite the jerk - maybe that's why his "friends" turned on him.
Park_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Park_Flyer
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:40 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Park_Flyer View Post
The funny thing is like him or not, "titles" or not, Armstrong won those races, the vast majority of fans believe he did it fairly, and USADA cannot take that away

I also heard that Armstrong was quite the jerk - maybe that's why his "friends" turned on him.
Yeah, it couldn't be that he cheated.
RumRunner_1492 is online now Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:34 PM
Reserved Parking
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Quote:
Yes, it's a big, sport-wide conspiracy, also involving Lance's friends who have been paid off to bring him down.

Or, they just told the truth.

Let's see, such a hard choice on which is more likely. I mean, combined with all the other things that just don't add up. I'm sure the conspiracy option is the more reasonable one.

Lets see; in excess of 500 tests or disgruntled losers years later in a witch hunt....its clear where maddskills leans. I' ll stick with the actual tests until real evidence says otherwise.
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:46 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
418 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51C View Post
Lets see; in excess of 500 tests or disgruntled losers years later in a witch hunt....its clear where maddskills leans. I' ll stick with the actual tests until real evidence says otherwise.
10 teammates testifying against him as eye witnesses is pretty significant evidence. Some of them are his friends, not disgruntled losers.
RumRunner_1492 is online now Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:10 PM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51C View Post
A lot of people claim to have seen bigfoot. Doesn't mean it exists.
Not a matter to be taken lightly!
Quote:
A man dressed in a military-style “Ghillie suit” who was attempting to provoke a Bigfoot sighting was struck by two vehicles and killed on U.S. 93 South of Kalispell Sunday night.
“He was trying to make people think he was Sasquatch so people would call in a Sasquatch sighting,” Montana Highway Patrol Trooper Jim Schneider said. “You can’t make it up. I haven’t seen or heard of anything like this before. Obviously, his suit made it difficult for people to see him.”
http://www.dailyinterlake.com/news/l...a4bcf887a.html
Big Foot 48 is online now Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:31 PM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
10 teammates testifying against him as eye witnesses is pretty significant evidence. Some of them are his friends, not disgruntled losers.
It's strong evidence that is diminished by "plea" deals and 500 passed tests. It's like 10 witnesses to a crime when the accused has an airtight alibi.
Indiana_Geoff is offline Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:31 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
It matters not - he WON those races - end of

Doping has being going on in one form or another since the sport began - the choice of champions used to be cocaine back a century or so!
ENGINETORQUE is online now Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Aug 28, 2012, 03:20 AM
Cheese eating monkey.
France, Bretagne, Rennes
Joined Jul 2011
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff View Post
It's strong evidence that is diminished by "plea" deals and 500 passed tests. It's like 10 witnesses to a crime when the accused has an airtight alibi.
Except that testing is very tricky and in most cases it took years of testing to reveal the cheats. He could have been technically ahead of the testing techniques.

Why doesn't he go in front of USADA to clear his name?
Panoramix is offline Find More Posts by Panoramix
Old Aug 28, 2012, 06:49 AM
Pants Up, Don't Loot!
United States, VA, Virginia Beach
Joined Jun 2005
1,770 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoramix View Post
Why doesn't he go in front of USADA to clear his name?
Interesting article from "the accused" POV: http://www.newsmax.com/US/Armstrong-...6/23/id/443230
He's tired of defending himself against the BS like this . . .
Quote:
The Colorado Springs, Colo.-based agency “already has advised us that USADA may ignore what the review board recommends and continue its obsessive pursuit of Mr. Armstrong, even if the review board finds no evidence upon which to proceed,” Luskin said in his response.
Sounds like a witch hunt to me.

There's no evidence Armstrong cheated, he won - end of story
Park_Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Park_Flyer