SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:09 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee View Post

So even when Lance is on nation TV supposedly telling the "truth" he's STILL lying !.
Yes, I doubt he doped at all.
I'll need proof before I believe him.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:10 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,491 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48 View Post
Imagine that. A habitual liar continues to lie. I'm shocked! Shocked I tell you!
Yep.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:44 AM
Reserved Parking
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Quote:
I like reading the old comments from the beginning of the thread.

How many Lance defenders are now going to apologize to the French for the "witch hunt" ?.
I already posted my "retraction" after the last report (prior to this latest admission scenario).

Apologize to the French...nah.
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Old Jan 23, 2013, 04:57 PM
United States, FL, North Palm Beach
Joined Jul 2004
107 Posts
In the grand scheme of things… who really got hurt besides Lance and his corporate sponsors? Meanwhile, we have had really amazing events with real consequences that have gone unanswered and unpunished. Benghazi, banking “derivatives,” government sponsored gun running, etc. Remember the Savings and Loan fiasco of the 1980s? I remember a lot of folks doing time for shady dealings. Who is currently incarcerated for the trillions stolen via the balled up derivative markets? Seriously, hanging is too good for those MFers.

Instead, lets all obsess on professional bike racing and doping. Pretty much a victimless crime from what I can see. Apologize to the French? C’est la vie and all that crap.
lordsirob is offline Find More Posts by lordsirob
Old Jan 23, 2013, 05:49 PM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsirob View Post
In the grand scheme of things… who really got hurt besides Lance and his corporate sponsors? Meanwhile, we have had really amazing events with real consequences that have gone unanswered and unpunished. Benghazi, banking “derivatives,” government sponsored gun running, etc. Remember the Savings and Loan fiasco of the 1980s? I remember a lot of folks doing time for shady dealings. Who is currently incarcerated for the trillions stolen via the balled up derivative markets? Seriously, hanging is too good for those MFers.

Instead, lets all obsess on professional bike racing and doping. Pretty much a victimless crime from what I can see. Apologize to the French? C’est la vie and all that crap.
Uhh, people's careers and lives were ruined, bro. Look up the Betsy and Frankie Andreau. Look up Brad McGee, Look up Tyler Hamilton, Look up Paul Kimmage, Look up Greg LeMond.... It's clear you know very little to nothing about this story.

Jesus Christ. Lance's "successes" left behind a lot of casualties. The Lance fans don't seem to give a flip about those people. "He's still great in my book," or "Livestrong has done so much for people." But never, "Damn, he ruined a lot of people and many are still paying the price today."

C'mon people, give me a break. There's far greater people to be fans of who don't have near the history of damage Lance does.

As for the other subjects you think we should speak of... There's always something more important to talk about. And what you deem as important doesn't mean it's that way for others. Thank God, because I don't want Christians trying to save my soul 24/7. After all, they believe that's the most important issue facing us all but they don't dwell on it as a talking point.
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:27 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsirob View Post
I
Instead, lets all obsess on professional bike racing and doping.
THIS is the professional bike racing and doping thread !.
Usta Bee is online now Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:33 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,774 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyzoo View Post
Why are you so fixated on Armstrong? your post is ridiculous. Thomas Wiesel partners is not "a person". It's not as if reality isn't enough, you don't have to fabricate stuff.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thom_Weisel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Professional cycling

Weisel started Montgomery Sports in 1987 as a cycling venture, the team was renamed Subaru-Montgomery in the early 1990s,[2] then Montgomery-Bell (for Bell Sports), and finally renamed for the U.S. Postal Service.[2]

In 2000, Weisel organised a bailout of USA Cycling which was experiencing financial difficulties.[8]

Weisel was an important financial backer of Tailwind Sports, a company formed to manage the U.S. Postal Service Pro Cycling Team (USPS), which cyclist Lance Armstrong joined in 1998.[8] Armstrong had previously been a team member of Weisel's Subaru-Montgomery team.[2]Tailwind Sports were the owners of the USPS team for the first five of Armstrong's Tour de France wins. As a director of USPS Weisel has been served with a subpoena by American federal investigators pursuing possible fraud claims against Armstrong following their investigation into his doping offences.[8]

In 2006 Weisel set up the "Floyd Fairness Fund" with fellow Tailwind Sports owners to support cyclist Floyd Landis when he was accused of doping offences. Landis later admitted the offences in 2010.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:36 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined May 2008
141 Posts
Quote:

Irrelevant. He uses a corporation to help with his financies. Like most people.

The article clearly says http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Weisel_Partners
saltyzoo is offline Find More Posts by saltyzoo
Old Jan 23, 2013, 06:54 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,774 Posts
Quote:
Irrelevant. He uses a corporation to help with his financies. Like most people.

The article clearly says http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Weisel_Partners
Obviously you don't understand the connection.

1. Weisel owns the company.

2. Weisel co-owned Lance's USPS team.

3. Lance was accused of writing checks to the UCI as bribes.

4. The head of the UCI was not only warning Lance about positive dope tests, but also showing him the equiptment that was used and explained to him how the tests were performed so Lance could beat the tests. The USPS went as far to get the identical gas chromatograph that the UCI was using to test blood sample to make sure they could beat the tests.

5. The head of the UCI was using Lance's team co-owner's company to manage his assets. Of all the financial companies he could have chosen from the world over the European head of the UCI just HAPPENS to pick Lance's team co-owner's.

Fraud, bribery, conflict of interest ?.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:08 PM
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined May 2008
141 Posts
Quote:

4. The head of the UCI was not only warning Lance about positive dope tests, but also showing him the equiptment that was used and explained to him how the tests were performed so Lance could beat the tests. The USPS went as far to get the identical gas chromatograph that the UCI was using to test blood sample to make sure they could beat the tests.

5. The head of the UCI was using Lance's team co-owner's company to manage his assets. Of all the financial companies he could have chosen from the world over the European head of the UCI just HAPPENS to pick Lance's team co-owner's.

You're stretching. I'll bet the company is partial owner of more than one team, and I'll bet lots of bikers and officials use the company.

The witch hunt makes you look petty. He's a liar. We get it. Let it go.
saltyzoo is offline Find More Posts by saltyzoo
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:21 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,774 Posts
Quote:
The witch hunt makes you look petty. He's a liar. We get it. Let it go.

You don't get it.

Lance lying was only one small part of a much larger coverup throughout his career.

His half-hearted confession on Oprah's show wasn't the end of the story, it's only the beginning of a much larger story.

This will wind up stretching from Lance, to his former team manager Bruyneel, to his "coach" Carmichael, to the anti-doping labs at the UCI, to the people in charge of the UCI, to his team co-owner Weisel, to his sponsors at Trek, Nike and Oakley, to Livestrong, to the people in charge of USA Cycling, and maybe to some members of Congrees who put the pressure on to drop the investigation into the doping charges.

He had lots of enablers over the years who covered for him, and deliberately turned a blind eye to Lance's doping because he was bringing in tons of money to his sponsors, and they were bringing tons of money to european cycling. Lance himself is supposed to be worth $100-$150 million.

Lance wouldn't say during the interview that he admitted to doping to his doctors in the hospital room because his doctors lied under oath, and Stephanie Mcilvain from Oakley lied about it under oath too.
Last edited by Usta Bee; Jan 23, 2013 at 07:27 PM.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:30 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,491 Posts
Quote:

They got the machine to make sure for themselves, that they were not cheating... not to beat the system.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:43 PM
Figure Nine Champ
North Texas
Joined Nov 2002
1,292 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
They got the machine to make sure for themselves, that they were not cheating... not to beat the system.
Over the top of believability on that one, Kenny.
madsci_guy is offline Find More Posts by madsci_guy
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:44 PM
D W
I love you man.
United States, NY, Pelham
Joined Sep 2002
2,743 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
Oh

My

Goodness

Can't

Stop

Laughing...
D W is online now Find More Posts by D W
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:49 PM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,491 Posts