HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:39 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
One of my favorite Armstrong moves that had me questioning his ties to notorious doping doctor Michele Ferrari.....if he's as clean as he says he is why did he tell Simeoni to "zip the lips" ?.

Explanation quote from Youtube.......

"The gesture is for the benefit of the cameras. Armstrong has just forced Simeoni back to the peleton, and the gesture means that he did so to punish Simeoni for testifying against doping doctor Michele Ferrari in Italian court."

Lance Armstrong -- "Zip It" (0 min 5 sec)
Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Last edited by Usta Bee; Jan 15, 2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:50 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
I STILL BELIEVE YOU LANCE !!!!!.

Lance Armstrong On Doping - Supercut (1 min 18 sec)
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:59 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
What was one of the drugs Lance was accused of doping with ?... EPO.

Who makes EPO ?....... AMGEN.

What sponsor's name is all over the background of this video while Lance hides behind cancer patients and chews out a reporter who called him a dope cheat ? .............

Lance Armstong Heated Interview (3 min 20 sec)

Notice on the left confessed doper George Hincapie's non-reaction and trying to keep a straight face to Lance being called out. Ol' Georgie is probably about to crap his pants knowing what was really going on behind the scenes.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:38 PM
granada hills. Ca
Joined Nov 2004
582 Posts
That episode was one of the things that made me start to question Lance's holier-than-thou attitude. Also, that one mountaintop finish in the same tour when he, Ulrich, Kloden, and Landis all got to the summit way ahead of the peloton, and then Lance blew them all away in a sprint. How do you smoke three known dopers and still claim you're clean!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee View Post
One of my favorite Armstrong moves that had me questioning his ties to notorious doping doctor Michele Ferrari.....if he's as clean as he says he is why did he tell Simeoni to "zip the lips" ?.

Explanation quote from Youtube.......

"The gesture is for the benefit of the cameras. Armstrong has just forced Simeoni back to the peleton, and the gesture means that he did so to punish Simeoni for testifying against doping doctor Michele Ferrari in Italian court."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVbrTNX7w1I
trident58 is offline Find More Posts by trident58
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:40 PM
Cat Rack
Lyle, WA
Joined Dec 2000
1,478 Posts
There should be an unlimited class for cycling and other sports.
MtnGoat is online now Find More Posts by MtnGoat
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:51 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trident58 View Post
That episode was one of the things that made me start to question Lance's holier-than-thou attitude. Also, that one mountaintop finish in the same tour when he, Ulrich, Kloden, and Landis all got to the summit way ahead of the peloton, and then Lance blew them all away in a sprint. How do you smoke three known dopers and still claim you're clean!?
I was suspicious when Lance showed up with NOS stickers on his bike and a blue bottle under his saddle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGoat View Post
There should be an unlimited class for cycling and other sports.
They tried that with Can-Am racing and the team with the biggest budget (Porsche) wrecked it for everyone else. Same things goes for Lance and his doping budget.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 10:59 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
I think once Lance admits to doping they should let him do triathalons again.

But only under certain conditions:

1. For the swim in must be in shark infested waters, and he has to cover himself in bacon grease first, and wear chest waders.

2. For the bike part he has to ride a 1950's Schwinn Black Phantom with fenders, streamers, and a handlebar basket.

3. For the run he has to wear 5lb wrist and ankle weights, and do it in Mickey Mouse army boots.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:12 AM
Sweeper Nut
Joined Apr 2007
624 Posts
His doping is probably the reason for all his cancer.
Mike McCrea is online now Find More Posts by Mike McCrea
Old Jan 16, 2013, 09:56 AM
Joined Aug 2003
2,631 Posts
Ol' Lance was just following the examples set by all the lousy politicians in this country who will cheat and lie, threaten and steal to have power for profit and never be held accountable. Works for them, why not him. He could rationalize his deeds as good for him, biking, you know that greater good thing.
HELModels is online now Find More Posts by HELModels
Old Jan 16, 2013, 03:56 PM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee View Post
What was one of the drugs Lance was accused of doping with ?... EPO.

Who makes EPO ?....... AMGEN.

What sponsor's name is all over the background of this video while Lance hides behind cancer patients and chews out a reporter who called him a dope cheat ? .............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7NRvMM-JTE

Notice on the left confessed doper George Hincapie's non-reaction and trying to keep a straight face to Lance being called out. Ol' Georgie is probably about to crap his pants knowing what was really going on behind the scenes.
I always thought George's reaction here was not that of a friend who was backing his friend's words. More like trying to stay disconnected and dis-engaged from the entire exchange for his own sake.
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:09 PM
Joined Mar 2008
627 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HELModels View Post
Ol' Lance was just following the examples set by all the lousy politicians in this country who will cheat and lie, threaten and steal to have power for profit and never be held accountable. Works for them, why not him. He could rationalize his deeds as good for him, biking, you know that greater good thing.
Or it could be that elite athletes are so competitive that they look for any and every way to get a leg up on their competitors.

That and elite cycling has had a culture of doping since day 1.
Cap_n_Dave is offline Find More Posts by Cap_n_Dave
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:13 PM
granada hills. Ca
Joined Nov 2004
582 Posts
Only thing missing in that would have been George doing a facepalm as Lance ranted on....

Seriously, I hope Lance never does another triathlon again. I raced against him at the Superfrog Tri in San Diego last September, and he just acted like a complete douche. The race promoter had passed on becoming a USA Triathlon sanctioned race just so he could let Pharmstrong compete, hoping that he could get some kind of promotional benefit. I noticed the promoter has been really quiet ever since the hit the fan.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:33 PM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by trident58 View Post
Only thing missing in that would have been George doing a facepalm as Lance ranted on....

Seriously, I hope Lance never does another triathlon again. I raced against him at the Superfrog Tri in San Diego last September, and he just acted like a complete douche. The race promoter had passed on becoming a USA Triathlon sanctioned race just so he could let Pharmstrong compete, hoping that he could get some kind of promotional benefit. I noticed the promoter has been really quiet ever since the hit the fan.
I remember when all this was going on. It was stupid the promoter of that race did what they did so Lance could attend. Really shed a dark light on that event for those of us who knew what was up.

Oh, and congrats on being an endurance athlete and an RC enthusiast as well.. There's not many of us. I don't have much time for RC but I still love it.
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Old Jan 17, 2013, 09:32 AM
granada hills. Ca
Joined Nov 2004
582 Posts
I'd say the two hobbies complement each other very well. Some days you're too tired to swim/ride/run/whatever, so go fly or build a model. Can't beat that. Although the last few years I've been concentrating more on Master's swimming than triathlon.

I think it's disgusting that Lance is giving his "confession" on Oprah. She's grubbing for the ratings, and he's angling for public sympathy. Oprah had a full-page ad in the LA Times this morning. Wonder if Armstrong paid for the ad?
If he wants to gain any shred of respect, he needs to spill his guts under oath to the USADA. I'd still think he's a piece of , but at least a dried-up, not very smelly piece of
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddSkillz View Post
I remember when all this was going on. It was stupid the promoter of that race did what they did so Lance could attend. Really shed a dark light on that event for those of us who knew what was up.

Oh, and congrats on being an endurance athlete and an RC enthusiast as well.. There's not many of us. I don't have much time for RC but I still love it.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:33 AM
Joined Aug 2003
2,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap_n_Dave View Post
Or it could be that elite athletes are so competitive that they look for any and every way to get a leg up on their competitors.

That and elite cycling has had a culture of doping since day 1.
t's human nature to want an edge. Some take it to an extreme and disregard the rules and some are willing to work for it. The politician is going for power and influence over others because that's what turns them on and lines their pockets. The athlete is looking to gain an advantage that brings wins, prize money, endorsements, and the glory of appearing to be the best. Both cheat to get what they want and know the truth is what could bring them down. They'll use whatever tactic they can get away with to keep the truth elusive. There's nothing elite about them.
HELModels is online now Find More Posts by HELModels