HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:54 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jan 2013
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
That is true. He is a fantastic athlete. I would like to ee him win something like that to shut everyone up.
He will never win anything again that won't result in people looking at with cross eyes. Don't know if he cheated and lied but medical reports say he did. if he admits it he should just go away. Be on the list with all the other liars and cheats in sports. Shame on them.
zerodark1955 is offline Find More Posts by zerodark1955
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:34 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff View Post
It's fun but my son in Colorado Springs is starting to hate it. When your time at your max is so embarrassing vs very, very good riders... hurts.
I started riding back around 1987. In college around 1994 I took a cycling class for the Phys Ed credits, pretty simple class, we just rode our bikes and they increased the mileage each week. One of the girls from my photography class was also in the cycling class, and it was her first time riding.

Fast forward to 2012 and I Googled her name to see what she's been up to, and there are videos of her on the internet lining up to pace in a women's Pro-Am mountainbiking race with top level pros who've won gold medals at the Olympics.

My first reaction...

My 2nd reaction seeing how I'm old and out of shape now and don't ride that much anymore.....
Usta Bee is online now Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:36 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
More lance craziness unsues....Lance talked to the USADA in December.....

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/...ecember_270853
Old Jan 09, 2013, 05:42 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
More insanity continues......Lance grants his first media interview........to OPRAH !.

I guess we can expect hard hitting questions from her about his doping, lying, perjury, witness intimidation, money laundering, lawsuits, and slandering.......

http://abcnews.go.com/US/lance-armst...ry?id=18167780
Old Jan 09, 2013, 09:11 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
Screw talking about Lance...

Lets talk again about how Trek sucks. Heh

http://www.bikerumor.com/2013/01/09/...-any-contract/
Metieval is offline Find More Posts by Metieval
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:53 AM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
Question now is he going to rat out all the other dopers in the sport. Probably - he's just that kind of guy.
Big Foot 48 is offline Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:35 AM
Foamie Freak!
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Didnt we all, really know, that he HAD to be lying? I heard some folks on a call in radio show, that actually believed him, and I was amazed.....
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:38 AM
Reserved Parking
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leather Helmet View Post
Didnt we all, really know, that he HAD to be lying? I heard some folks on a call in radio show, that actually believed him, and I was amazed.....
I held out hope, in this very thread in fact, up until that latest report.
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:39 AM
Reserved Parking
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48 View Post
Question now is he going to rat out all the other dopers in the sport. Probably - he's just that kind of guy.
Frankly, I hope he does, sports need to be cleaned up. But if he does, and names names, he would have to have actual evidence or be open to libel suits.
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:56 AM
Foamie Freak!
United States, NC, Cornelius
Joined May 2012
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51C View Post
I held out hope, in this very thread in fact, up until that latest report.
I did, at first...
Leather Helmet is offline Find More Posts by Leather Helmet
Old Jan 15, 2013, 09:57 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,597 Posts
apparently, Lance feels "betrayed" by his friends.
DenverJayhawk is offline Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:23 AM
United States, NC, Surf City
Joined Oct 2003
389 Posts
I've always thought he was an . Where are the apologies to all the people HE said were lying? Not to mention the threats...

He needs to go away.
Bob HSG is online now Find More Posts by Bob HSG
Old Jan 15, 2013, 01:53 PM
Joined Mar 2008
633 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Foot 48 View Post
Seems a bit OBE to me, since the entire field is doping. How is "ratting out" one guy going to mean anything?

Is the USADA really that naive to think that the balance of the field (or anyone in the field) is in fact clean?
Cap_n_Dave is offline Find More Posts by Cap_n_Dave
Old Jan 15, 2013, 02:04 PM
United States, NC, Surf City
Joined Oct 2003
389 Posts
LA represents the worst in sport and life: Win at any cost, including cheating. THAT's why he should be banned for life!
Bob HSG is online now Find More Posts by Bob HSG
Old Jan 15, 2013, 07:30 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap_n_Dave View Post
Seems a bit OBE to me
Order of the British Empire ?.

Quote:
....since the entire field is doping. How is "ratting out" one guy going to mean anything?

Maybe because he not only doped and lied, but he also sued people that told the truth about him doping, intimidated witnesses, destroyed peoples careers in cycling, gave money to the people running the cycling ruling organizations as questionable gifts, cheated companies out of bonus payments for his wins, cheated the government through their sponsorship of his US Postal team, has ties to dirty doctors, and he can bring down other people that were possibly involved like his team owners, and companies like Trek and Nike that could have bribed cycling officials to look the other way.

Other than that, this case is exactly the same as a pro football or baseball player that uses steroids.