He thinks he still won those races....

http://velonews.competitor.com/2013/...l-media_270725
Maybe because he did.
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Jan 08, 2013, 09:41 PM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
445 Posts
I think he did. But then again, I believe that man landed on the moon and some call that fake.
Indiana_Geoff is online now Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Jan 09, 2013, 02:28 AM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
Maybe because he did.
I checked the current records, they say he didn't.

Funny thing about that website is he posts his training stats for the whole world to see, as if anybody actually cared anymore about what a retired has-been dope cheat is doing these days in his free time.

I think Ill check to see if Barry Bonds has a Twitter account so I can see what he had for breakfast.
Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:01 AM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Last edited by Usta Bee; Jan 14, 2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 08:41 AM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee View Post

Funny thing about that website is he posts his training stats for the whole world to see, as if anybody actually cared anymore about what a retired has-been dope cheat is doing these days in his free time.

I think Ill check to see if Barry Bonds has a Twitter account so I can see what he had for breakfast.
Interesting. If you watch the video footage of the race he is clearly the first one across the finish line.

Several people on this thread obviously care what he is doing. They can't help but post about him on every occassion they can.
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:01 AM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana_Geoff View Post
Top tier teams are cut throat. It's hard to find a top racer who has not been accused of all manner of bad behavior that helped get them to the top. It's the nature of the sport. Rider are stolen from teams, dropped when they don't produce, promised positions, promises broken, they lie to the press, other riders, teams and often teammates to get an advantage. Many top riders have that year when they screw the teams star to put themselves on top.

It's all to common and whining about it is like whining about Olympic figure skating judges.
I don't feel it's fair to single out cycling though. That's the nature of sports. In the end, it's about money... The franchise/team/sponsors need to see results. This trickles down from the top to the athletes.
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:12 AM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee View Post

I use Strava religiously. It's a great training tool and social tool that keeps you motivated. It's really not designed to follow top riders, however, now that LA is on there, I'm sure many will join just to follow his training but I would guess the vast majority were already Strava users before LA joined.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 10:55 AM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddSkillz View Post
I don't feel it's fair to single out cycling though. That's the nature of sports. In the end, it's about money... The franchise/team/sponsors need to see results. This trickles down from the top to the athletes.
The team support needed to get a star into first place makes cycling somewhat unique. It's a team sport with one winner but the star is key. It's what makes the sport so compelling to me.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:06 AM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
The team support needed to get a star into first place makes cycling somewhat unique. It's a team sport with one winner but the star is key. It's what makes the sport so compelling to me.

Yes, I certainly agree with that 100%.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:27 AM
The ground's the limit.
Boulder, CO Area
Joined Aug 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddSkillz View Post
I use Strava religiously. It's a great training tool and social tool that keeps you motivated. It's really not designed to follow top riders, however, now that LA is on there, I'm sure many will join just to follow his training but I would guess the vast majority were already Strava users before LA joined.
STRAVA! You may get a kick out of this (for the extra sensitive, this link does include some naughty words) http://303cycling.com/are-you-a-stravasshole
shawnc is offline Find More Posts by shawnc
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:32 AM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnc View Post
STRAVA! You may get a kick out of this (for the extra sensitive, this link does include some naughty words) http://303cycling.com/are-you-a-stravasshole
Haha, that's great! Definitely a double-edged sword for sure. But most things are.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:40 AM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnc View Post
It's fun but my son in Colorado Springs is starting to hate it. When your time at your max is so embarrassing vs very, very good riders... hurts.
Old Jan 09, 2013, 11:44 AM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
It's fun but my son in Colorado Springs is starting to hate it. When your time at your max is so embarrassing vs very, very good riders... hurts.
There's so many good riders in Colorado. It's gonna be very difficult to be a top rider there. Strava does have filters too. Maybe look into filtering out by weight or age...???
Old Jan 09, 2013, 12:00 PM
The ground's the limit.
Boulder, CO Area
Joined Aug 2008
833 Posts
Quote:
Does he race in state? If he does road or cross I may have pictures of him:
http://greencurry.smugmug.com
shawnc is offline Find More Posts by shawnc