Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:25 AM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee View Post
Same Catch-22 as Penn State firing Joe Paterno.

If you keep him your critics will hate you, if you fire him his supporters will hate you.
this is why choices should be based on right or wrong, regardless of who is going to like it or hate it.

Oh wait we have to apply the "for the greater good of the many" thing don't we?
Metieval is offline Find More Posts by Metieval
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:03 AM
Cheese eating monkey.
France, Bretagne, Rennes
Joined Jul 2011
233 Posts
If that's true, dishonest is not strong enough to qualify his behaviour: Lance allegedly convinced French president to sack the man in charge of the French anti doping agency
Panoramix is online now Find More Posts by Panoramix
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:12 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
Oh it gets even better now !.

The IRS is now looking into Livestrong again ....

http://reader.roopstigo.com/view/roo...8/#/chapter/2/
Usta Bee is online now Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Nov 21, 2012, 04:58 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
Tufts University rescinds Lance's honorary degre...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...egree/1719739/
Old Dec 18, 2012, 07:27 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
Been almost a month since my last post, but things haven't cooled off yet.

The latest sordid tale is Sally Jenkins the author of Lance's book "It's Not About The Bike" does a piece for the Washington Post called "Why I'm Not Angry At Lance Armstrong".

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...532_story.html

Gee, I wonder why she's not mad at her buddy that made her a bunch of money through the books sales, and made her sorta kinda somewhat famous among cycling book readers and cancer survivors.

Her article is the biggest piece of "enabler" crap I've ever read. This is the same Washington Post that broke the Watergate story ?!.

Sally has about as much journalistic credibility as Tokyo Rose.

She's friends with the worlds biggest doping cheat in sports history, and she couldn't see any of it happening, or heard rumors about what was going on ?. YEAH RIGHT !. She just lost ALL of any journastic credibility she might ever had, if she had any to begin with. It looks like over 1,100 commenters to the story think she's a joke too.

They ought to relegate her the kid's beat....maybe she could investigate how the Grinch Stole Christmas, or maybe what happened to Little Red Riding Hood and Hansel and Grettel.

David walsh then comes out with his own opinion piece and fries her butt....

http://www.scribd.com/doc/117045089/Walsh-on-Jenkins

I love the whole idea of the title "It's Not About The Bike"....in reality and in hindsight it never was; it was really about the money, and the doping, and the lying, and the cover-ups, and the fraud, and witness intimidation.

However Trek wanted me to think it really WAS about the bike the whole time, and they'd even sell me a replica team Madone bike complete with team colors so I could pretend I was just like Lance if I wanted to. Then I could put on my little Livestrong bracelet, jersey, and shorts, and pretend I was a "hero" too.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:05 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
I have no empathy for anyone buying a Trek, the same as I have none for anyone buying Air Jordan's!

As far as being a Hero, screw the world! We are all our own heroes fighting our own battles.

I also have no empathy for anyone trying to share the road wearing team colors. The only color that does anyone any good on the road is fluorescent yellow/green. And that is to be seen! And can also be seen by those that suffer color blindness.

I'll be riding Cannondale aluminum for as long as they make them. After that I'll ride specialized, kestrel, Fuji, IMO PI makes the best fitting shorts. Shoes are just a pain.

As for athletes to follow, Cameron Dye, Rebecca Rusch, Craig (CROWIE) Alexander, Sarah Haskins.... None of them have any sway on what gear I buy/use, as I buy/use what works for me. Yet every single one of those I listed have something in common, simple down to earth athletes doing what they love for the love of doing it.

Lance IMO never did have cool sponsors. What I think about Trek/Bontrager is the same as how I feel about North Face. Most of it is junk, nothing but name.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 05:23 AM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metieval View Post
Lance IMO never did have cool sponsors. What I think about Trek/Bontrager is the same as how I feel about North Face. Most of it is junk, nothing but name.
North Face seems to be really popular with suburbanite yuppies to wear on college campuses, or to keep them from getting cold in the paking lot between their Lexus SUV and the front door of the mall.

I knew a guy who actually climbed Mt Everest.....he didn't wear North Face....he had a handmade $2,000 jacket made in the USA.
Old Dec 19, 2012, 09:42 AM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Did you all that pic tweeted by Lance of him laying on his couch surrounded by his yellow jerseys?

The guy has no class at all. He just loves to instigate is detractors - even if they're correct.
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Old Dec 19, 2012, 10:41 AM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
445 Posts
I liked the picture.
Indiana_Geoff is online now Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:09 PM
Disgruntled Member
United States, OK, Anadarko
Joined Aug 2003
1,628 Posts
OK, you guys have stripped Lance for hust about 4 months, is he naked yet?
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyCNC ProBoard...
Old Dec 19, 2012, 12:44 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
Quote:
North Face seems to be really popular with suburbanite yuppies to wear on college campuses, or to keep them from getting cold in the paking lot between their Lexus SUV and the front door of the mall.

I knew a guy who actually climbed Mt Everest.....he didn't wear North Face....he had a handmade $2,000 jacket made in the USA.
I knew you'd understand and get it.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:01 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
British paper to sue Lance ......

http://velonews.competitor.com/2012/...tlement_269715
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:38 AM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
I heard about this. Hope they get their money back and then some. I hope LA ends up broke and a laughing stock.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:43 AM
turn, turn, turn.
Athol, Massachusetts
Joined Oct 2005
10,189 Posts
Lance never doped.
Kenny Sharp is online now Find More Posts by Kenny Sharp
Old Dec 24, 2012, 08:46 AM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
Lance never doped.
Lance! I didn't know you were into RC! Welcome to the club!