Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:52 AM
'Merica!
n00b-E's Avatar
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Sep 2007
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
to some, winning is everything. To others, it's the competition and spirit ... but that's usually said by those that don't win.
LoL!

n00b-E is offline Find More Posts by n00b-E
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:21 PM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2008
1,159 Posts
A very interesting read is Stewart Walker's, "Winning, the psychology of competition".
Jim Thomerson is offline Find More Posts by Jim Thomerson
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:26 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
RumRunner_1492's Avatar
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Sharp View Post
Lance is not guilty... he is simply tired of all the accusations.
Accusations cause suspicions... that is why it is evil to accuse people.
Kenny - Do you want to change your comments now in light of the new information?

What about all of the other people on this thread that were saying it was a witch hunt and Lance was simply tired of fighting the charges?
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:33 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
RumRunner_1492's Avatar
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51C View Post
That is just lazy thinking.

It has been going on for years and years. Anyone would get tired of it. Also, as I understand it, the rogue agency uses some sort of "arbitration" process where he is presumed guilty and must prove his innocence while not being allowed to cross examine any so called "witnesses" brought against him. (that from a discussion link on ESPN, not sure of the accuracy). If that is the case, who WOULD want to continue with the time, expense, and headaches of dealing with the people who have not shown any actual physical evidence?

If they have actual evidence, present it publicly so we can all see it and change our minds accordingly. Otherwise, leave Armstrong alone and quit trying to make names for themselves while appeasing the witch hunters.
It looks like what you called lazy thinking was spot on. Maybe you should've called it accurate thinking instead.
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:35 PM
Registered User
saltyzoo's Avatar
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined May 2008
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
Kenny - Do you want to change your comments now in light of the new information?

What about all of the other people on this thread that were saying it was a witch hunt and Lance was simply tired of fighting the charges?
LOL. Quality.
saltyzoo is offline Find More Posts by saltyzoo
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:43 PM
Reserved Parking
P-51C's Avatar
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
It looks like what you called lazy thinking was spot on. Maybe you should've called it accurate thinking instead.
No, your thinking was still lazy.

You may have had a good guess however. I need to actually read the report to see how good a guess.

P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:44 PM
Reserved Parking
P-51C's Avatar
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks View Post
So how far back in the peloton do we have to go to find a rider pure as Snow White?
To the first french rider of course...
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:49 PM
Reserved Parking
P-51C's Avatar
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
Kenny - Do you want to change your comments now in light of the new information?

What about all of the other people on this thread that were saying it was a witch hunt and Lance was simply tired of fighting the charges?
In case that is also directed at me, back on page 8:

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51C View Post
Like I said I will stick with the evidence we know and not just blindly go along with what appears to be a witch hunt.

If they have actual evidence, and show it, then like I said, I will jump on the band wagon because there is no room for cheats. But, as of right now, there is nothing other than some UFO sightings and the Kardashian watchers who are willing to blindly follow.
Also note I posted the new information.
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:50 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
RumRunner_1492's Avatar
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51C View Post
No, your thinking was still lazy.

You may have had a good guess however. I need to actually read the report to see how good a guess.

Nice try.
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:01 PM
Reserved Parking
P-51C's Avatar
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
Nice try.
No try about it. You were basing everything at that point on heresay without any actual facts being presented. That is textbook.
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:05 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
RumRunner_1492's Avatar
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51C View Post
No try about it. You were basing everything at that point on heresay without any actual facts being presented. That is textbook.
Not at all. I was basing it on the outcome of a multi year high profile investigation. They had multiple witnesses coming forward who were friends and team mates. They wouldn't move forward with such a high profile case unless they had it nailed down solid. Time was on their side. Logic tells you that they had him dead to rights and that is why he caved. he knew they had him and this was the only thing he could do to save his bank account. It wasn't lazy thinking. It was textbook logic.

So like i said nice try.
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:06 PM
Reserved Parking
P-51C's Avatar
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
Not at all. I was basing it on the outcome of a multi year high profile investigation. They had multiple witnesses coming forward who were friends and team mates. They wouldn't move forward with such a high profile case unless they had it nailed down solid. Time was on their side. Logic tells you that they had him dead to rights and that is why he caved. he knew they had him and this was the only thing he could do to save his bank account. It wasn't lazy thinking. It was textbook logic.

So like i said nice try.
LOL. I'll let you keep believing you exhibited textbook logic since we normally get along on here...
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:08 PM
Registered User
saltyzoo's Avatar
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined May 2008
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51C View Post
No try about it. You were basing everything at that point on heresay without any actual facts being presented. That is textbook.
Fact: Armstrong allowed his entire career's accomplishments to be taken away by not defending himself.

Does that mean he's guilty? No. But, it goes against everything I know about the mans character. Either I change my opinion about the man being of steadfast character and not shrinking from a difficult task, or he's guilty. Either way it's not positive for him.


Quitter or doper. Take your pick.
saltyzoo is offline Find More Posts by saltyzoo
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:24 PM
Registered User
Usta Bee's Avatar
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltyzoo View Post
Fact: Armstrong allowed his entire career's accomplishments to be taken away by not defending himself.

Does that mean he's guilty? No. But, it goes against everything I know about the mans character. Either I change my opinion about the man being of steadfast character and not shrinking from a difficult task, or he's guilty. Either way it's not positive for him.


Quitter or doper. Take your pick.

He's guilty as sin.

Everybody into cycling who was a Lance supporter always said that the people making the negative comments about him doping couldn't be trusted and that they had a personal vendetta against him.

Now his former teammate and friend George Hincapie comes out and admits he doped, Lance doped too, and Lance was the driving force behind the whole doping program for himself and the other riders. Hincapie is the kind of guy respected among other riders not to lie or make up stories about things of this nature. Now that Hincapie's statements have come out people are finally starting to believe he truth about the Lance Pharmstrong doping fiasco.

Now Lance is trying to say that the lawyers presenting the case against him also work for Big Tobacco, and that Big Tobacco is out to get him about his anti-smoking stance. What a crock of !. Lance will do ANYTHING to make himself look like the victim in this story.

The whole thing wouldn't be so bad if he hadn't threated people with lawsuits in the past that said anything about him doping, and tried to ruin their careers.
Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:33 PM
Registered User
Usta Bee's Avatar
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
....:d.......


Quote:
the kübler-ross model, commonly known as the five stages of grief, includes denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. In no defined sequence
Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Some sort of fibreglass strips that can be painted on to repair? gizmo1990 Crash Discussion 1 Nov 01, 2010 08:23 AM
Discussion Can strip LEDs be shortened / cut to length? Downwind3Zero Dimension Engineering 0 Jun 13, 2010 11:29 AM
Question Can carbon strip be scored and snapped cleanly? golem Foamies (Scratchbuilt) 8 Jan 24, 2007 07:47 PM
Can old Monokote be stripped off? Yardbird The Builders Workshop 4 Feb 16, 2005 06:52 PM