SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:50 PM
Alarm Bells Continuing!
Arizona
Joined Oct 2001
276 Posts
Lance must be so proud to have participated in such a successful program!
Big Foot 48 is offline Find More Posts by Big Foot 48
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:13 PM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,645 Posts
USADA came along too late even if they have anything tangable...

It's like when one of the lesser techs does a job at the shop and I am sked to make it right... My gripe is I wanted the whole job, the money was aleady taken from it. The money here is long gone, there is nothing to pass on and as most of you know the rest of the pack was probably equally doped.

So the point is?
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I am back, such as it is...
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:39 PM
Cheese eating monkey.
France, Bretagne, Rennes
Joined Jul 2011
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks View Post
So the point is?
Sending the message that dopers will eventually be named and shamed!
Panoramix is online now Find More Posts by Panoramix
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:39 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,773 Posts
Quote:
So the point is?

This point is that Lance and his supporters have been using the "He's the most tested man in history, and he never tested positive" to prove that he wasn't doping. Now if we find out he was doping that means he's a bold faced liar, and his supporters are stupid for using that line of reasoning to prove he didn't cheat.

If he cheated he should be publicly shamed, and maybe in the future it'll bite him in the ass with endorsement deals and job offers.

The best thing that ever happened to Lance was getting cancer, as far as his career is concerned. A lot of people were saying way back then that the cancer was a result of his doping.

If I was one of the companies that sponsors him like Nike I'd seriously consider dropping him. The only thing he has going for him now is his work for the cancer charity.

This could be the biggest scandal in the history of sports cheating since Smokey Yunick created the 7/8 scale Chevelle for NASCAR racing......that and the time they impounded his illegal gas tank and he drove off without it
Usta Bee is online now Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:31 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,773 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-51C View Post
Looks like we may finally find out if they have anything on Lance or not.

"The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency says it will release Wednesday more than 1,000 pages of evidence detailing the involvement of cyclist Lance Armstrong in what the agency calls "the most sophisticated, professionalized and successful doping program that sport has ever seen."

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/10...ong/?hpt=hp_t1

I just read that story...even Lance's wife was involved...no wonder why you never heard anything from her about the doping rumors over the years.

BUSTED !.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:43 PM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,645 Posts
So how far back in the peloton do we have to go to find a rider pure as Snow White?
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I am back, such as it is...
Old Oct 10, 2012, 10:58 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,773 Posts
Quote:
So how far back in the peloton do we have to go to find a rider pure as Snow White?

Prety far back as even Hincapie admits he was doping, but that's not the point.

Lance has said all along that he was 100% totally clean, and that other people were out on a witch hunt to prove otherwise just to ruin his reputation.

It looks like this whole time he was not only lying about it, be also that HE was the one behind all the doping, not only for himself but for his teammates too.

The sport was trying to clean itself up, and Lance was not only going back to the old doping ways but also doing it in such manner of using new drugs on the market, high tech ways to beat doping controls, and having friends on the inside to tip him off to when the tests would take place. That's way beyond what other riders were doing at the time, and that's why they got caught and he didn't.

What Lance was doing wasn't just some guy being given PEDs by his coach, he was the one in charge of the whole program.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:16 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,605 Posts
what's disappointing is that in his book, he used cancer as one of the main reasons to combat the charges of doping...that after beating cancer, how could anyone think he'd be crazy enough to put chemicals in his body.
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Oct 10, 2012, 11:56 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,773 Posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:55 AM
Biting ankles since '53
No Pants Island
Joined Feb 2007
2,944 Posts
A very interesting read.
mr_editor is offline Find More Posts by mr_editor
Old Oct 11, 2012, 01:39 AM
Joined Sep 2010
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panoramix View Post
Sending the message that dopers will eventually be named and shamed!
Golly, I sure would be ashamed if I had been doping. In fact the 10's of millions of dollars that I made off the sport would just barely be enough to get me over the shame. Just barely....
Gooroo is online now Find More Posts by Gooroo
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:01 AM
Joined Jan 2008
1,202 Posts
I am a Lance Armstrong ideologue and you can document your lies all you want, but you won't budge my unyielding belief in him. See, I can fit right in here at LTUP.
Jim Thomerson is offline Find More Posts by Jim Thomerson
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:16 AM
Radix malorum est cupiditas
Joined Jul 2000
460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee View Post

This could be the biggest scandal in the history of sports cheating since Smokey Yunick created the 7/8 scale Chevelle for NASCAR racing......that and the time they impounded his illegal gas tank and he drove off without it
Quote:
Another Yunick improvisation was getting around the regulations specifying a maximum size for the fuel tank, by using eleven foot (three meter) coils of 2-inch (5-centimeter) diameter tubing for the fuel line to add about 5 gallons (19 liters) to the car's fuel capacity. Once, NASCAR officials came up with a list of nine items for Yunick to fix before the car would be allowed on the track. The suspicious NASCAR officials had removed the tank for inspection. Yunick started the car with no gas tank and said "Better make it ten,"[3] and drove it back to the pits. He used a basketball in the fuel tank which could be inflated when the car's fuel capacity was checked and deflated for the race.

Yunick also used such innovations as offset chassis, raised floors, roof spoilers, nitrous oxide injection, and other modifications often within the letter of the rule-book, if not the spirit. "All those other guys were cheatin' 10 times worse than us," Yunick wrote in his autobiography, "so it was just self-defense." Yunick's success was also due to his expertise in the aerodynamics of racing cars
Yunick is good example of how an honest cheater is still loved by the crowd.... must be a lesson there somewhere.
radix2 is offline Find More Posts by radix2
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:33 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Feb 2005
1,854 Posts
The best way of winning any contest or competition is to look closely at the rules and work them to your advantage.

John O-Donnell - just packed in FAI Free Flight after well over half a century at the top of his game, always wins the Free Flight Scale stuff he enters with a truly appalling non scale model - it's got a sort of 'stand way off scale' outline, but no detail, no paint finish, no guns or pilot or any of that 'scale malarkey' stuff (as John puts it)!

He worked out that the flying points way outstripped scale fidelity points - so he gets lousy static marks and wins on flying by a factor of about 10 to 1.

He still can't understand why the Scale boys do what they do, regarding the comps in question, so he keeps winning!
ENGINETORQUE is offline Find More Posts by ENGINETORQUE
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:49 AM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENGINETORQUE View Post
The best way of winning any contest or competition is to look closely at the rules and work them to your advantage.

John O-Donnell - just packed in FAI Free Flight after well over half a century at the top of his game, always wins the Free Flight Scale stuff he enters with a truly appalling non scale model - it's got a sort of 'stand way off scale' outline, but no detail, no paint finish, no guns or pilot or any of that 'scale malarkey' stuff (as John puts it)!

He worked out that the flying points way outstripped scale fidelity points - so he gets lousy static marks and wins on flying by a factor of about 10 to 1.

He still can't understand why the Scale boys do what they do, regarding the comps in question, so he keeps winning!
to some, winning is everything. To others, it's the competition and spirit ... but that's usually said by those that don't win.
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5