HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 31, 2012, 09:31 PM
Intergalctic Coffee Enthusiast
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
And now there's this.

Lance Armstrong SUCKS! He sucks at being a good person, he sucks at thinking of others, he sucks at being fair, he sucks at being a good husband, he sucks at not being selfish, he sucks at life, really.
MaddSkillz is offline Find More Posts by MaddSkillz
Old Aug 31, 2012, 09:38 PM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,628 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddSkillz View Post
And now there's this.

Lance Armstrong SUCKS! He sucks at being a good person, he sucks at thinking of others, he sucks at being fair, he sucks at being a good husband, he sucks at not being selfish, he sucks at life, really.
Tell us how you really feel! WOW!!

I don't know enough about his personal life to say such things myself, fellow Okie...
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyCNC ProBoard...
Old Aug 31, 2012, 09:39 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Mar 2006
177 Posts
My, how quick some people are to jump on the fallen...

The thing that I think is the most wrong with this whole thing is that Lance won those races playing by their rules of the time. He passed all of their tests and wasn't doing anything that all the rest weren't doing too. Now they move the goal posts as you folks are fond of saying and are yelling about how he needs to be stripped of those wins and shamed. If he is stripped of the wins, and everyone else was also doping, then how is the winner?
Windrider53 is offline Find More Posts by Windrider53
Old Aug 31, 2012, 09:46 PM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks View Post
Tell us how you really feel! WOW!!

I don't know enough about his personal life to say such things myself, fellow Okie...
I don't know it either... But I believe those things to be true. We don't really know anything we don't experience personally. But I feel strongly about this issue because I believe I'm right regarding my thoughts on him and how he's ruined others.

At least you escaped this place. I'm stuck here... Headed to Europe in a few weeks though.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 09:48 PM
H.A.L. 9000
Benicia Ca. USA
Joined Jan 2001
730 Posts
Lance ROCKS!!!! I would like to see any one here go through the things he has, and then achieve the accomplishments he has. I don't think there will be any takers, or challengers.
Not to say he didn't cheat(not any more than anybody else), but he never got caught. That's racing.
checkenbach is offline Find More Posts by checkenbach
Old Aug 31, 2012, 09:50 PM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windrider53 View Post
My, how quick some people are to jump on the fallen...

The thing that I think is the most wrong with this whole thing is that Lance won those races playing by their rules of the time. He passed all of their tests and wasn't doing anything that all the rest weren't doing too. Now they move the goal posts as you folks are fond of saying and are yelling about how he needs to be stripped of those wins and shamed. If he is stripped of the wins, and everyone else was also doping, then how is the winner?
That's an incorrect assumption though. That assumes all drugs are the same, all are equally access-able, all have the best methods of dosing and all will be treated equally if caught by the doping police.

None of those things are true in Lance's case.

Who said we need to find a winner? There are no good answers here... But treating someone like an icon who did in fact cheat when not everyone was cheating is pretty low. It's not something we should be promoting in sports or life in general... But here we are, making assumptions to simplify it all... When it's not that simple.

By the way, I haven't been a Lance fan, ever... I just am enjoying my thoughts that I've expressed years in the past, come to light.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 09:54 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Dayton, OH
Joined Feb 2006
417 Posts
Quote:
And now there's this.

I think the evidence shows the guy clearly cheated but I don't agree with anything else you said. I have seen him do a lot of good for people.
RumRunner_1492 is offline Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:04 PM
Холодная война все еще здесь.
Joined Aug 2003
1,628 Posts
Quote:
I don't know it either... But I believe those things to be true. We don't really know anything we don't experience personally. But I feel strongly about this issue because I believe I'm right regarding my thoughts on him and how he's ruined others.

At least you escaped this place. I'm stuck here... Headed to Europe in a few weeks though.
One of the nicest places on the planet Pattaya Beach. I discovered it when I was in the Navy... I was at sea for 28 days... first thing I did was rent a sailboat and spent 4 days up and down the coast alone. It's just nice to get away from 430 of your closest traveling companions one in a while.

Have fun, lifes to short not to.
RCWorks is offline Find More Posts by RCWorks
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: HobbyCNC ProBoard...
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:08 PM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492 View Post
I think the evidence shows the guy clearly cheated but I don't agree with anything else you said. I have seen him do a lot of good for people.
Okie dokie!
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:10 PM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCWorks View Post
One of the nicest places on the planet Pattaya Beach. I discovered it when I was in the Navy... I was at sea for 28 days... first thing I did was rent a sailboat and spent 4 days up and down the coast alone. It's just nice to get away from 430 of your closest traveling companions one in a while.

Have fun, lifes to short not to.
So true! Life is too short! No kids for us, it's traveling and doing activities we enjoy.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:28 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
Quote:
I don't know it either... But I believe those things to be true.

I always liked the story of how the team car drove 60 miles out of their way to dispose of some garbage bags with blood boosting drugs in them.

Nothing suspicious about THAT at all.
Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:39 PM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee View Post
I always liked the story of how the team car drove 60 miles out of their way to dispose of some garbage bags with blood boosting drugs in them.

Nothing suspicious about THAT at all.
Yeah, and it's interesting how that story was quickly forced in the underground by the big news agencies at the time.

I mean, we've had suspicious activities surrounding this guy since the beginning. But instead of saying, "That's why that happened!!!" His supporters are just saying, "Yeah, it was suspicious activity, so what, it proves nothing!"

Not only is Lance a cheat, it appears he also ruled with an iron fist and was generally, not a very good person.
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:51 PM
Joined Jul 2004
3,771 Posts
Quote:
Not only is Lance a cheat, it appears he also ruled with an iron fist and was generally, not a very good person.

You can also say the same thing about Floyd Landis threatening to go public about Greg LeMond being molested as a kid.

I'm suprised nobody on the sidelines has tried to take Floyd out during a race.
Usta Bee is offline Find More Posts by Usta Bee
Old Aug 31, 2012, 10:54 PM
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2011
1,419 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usta Bee View Post
You can also say the same thing about Floyd Landis threatening to go public about Greg LeMond being molested as a kid.

I'm suprised nobody on the sidelines has tried to take Floyd out during a race.
Haha, so true. It's why we need to work hard to clean up the sport. It's one big soap opera.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:17 PM
Reserved Parking
Joined Jun 2004
926 Posts
Looks like we may finally find out if they have anything on Lance or not.

"The U.S. Anti-Doping Agency says it will release Wednesday more than 1,000 pages of evidence detailing the involvement of cyclist Lance Armstrong in what the agency calls "the most sophisticated, professionalized and successful doping program that sport has ever seen."

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/10...ong/?hpt=hp_t1
P-51C is offline Find More Posts by P-51C