HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Midnite_rider, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:43 PM
Additcted to high wings
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Oct 2011
179 Posts
Discussion
I call it "The Bowling Ball"

I got this plane from a friend in Arkansas. He got it in a package deal when he bought out a guy who was getting out of the hobby. He gave it to me because he didn't want it and he knew I could fix it.

I like fixing planes and I think this one turned out good. Except for one small thing. It is sooooo tail heavy that I couldn't even get it to set on the CG machine. I finally got enough weight in it to get it neutral and it weighs a TON. I tried to weigh it but my scales are not very good. It seems to be about 10 pounds. That's why I call it the bowling ball. It's so heavy that the landing gear are squatting. I am afraid to even try to fly it.... I don't think the engine is strong enough to get it off of the ground.
Midnite_rider is offline Find More Posts by Midnite_rider
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 10, 2012, 04:58 PM
Additcted to high wings
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Oct 2011
179 Posts
The bowling ball flew laast sunday. I took the insides apart and moved a bunch of stuff around. I took out most of the lead (and a large socket) that I had put in for weight. It may still be a tad heavy, but it flew good with no issues.
Midnite_rider is offline Find More Posts by Midnite_rider