HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 03, 2013, 03:16 AM
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Aug 2011
450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchalfant View Post
I just got my 1/96 Aluminaut Research Submarine by Scale Model Castings and it is a beauty! ( can be purchased at http://www.scalemodelcastings.com/19...-kit_p_12.html)
I love the detail in it.
Thank you Rick!
Important Update!
I have tried to contact Rick and no response. There are others who are not getting product or communication. So please be careful.
tchalfant is online now Find More Posts by tchalfant
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2013, 09:22 PM
Joined Nov 2010
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchalfant View Post
Important Update!
I have tried to contact Rick and no response. There are others who are not getting product or communication. So please be careful.
AHA! You've seen the light eh! Be careful? That's an understatement!
thunderguts is offline Find More Posts by thunderguts
Old Jul 13, 2013, 12:44 AM
Joined Aug 2011
450 Posts
I have seen you posting about Rick. Did you order anything from him and not get it? I do not remember if you did.

Anyway, I believe in grace, but also in not being foolish. This being the second time he has dropped off the face of the earth, I am unlikely to do business with him. There may be circumstances that has caused this (someone mentioned health and I pray he is well), but I am not going to go around with torches and pitchforks.

I am sorry for those that purchased and have not received what they ordered. It hurts our industry/hobby when this happens.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 03:21 PM
George Jure
Hamilton, Ontario
Joined Aug 2005
295 Posts
Hi

I did order from Rick in the past and got fast delivery and even email status updates and replies to my emails. Then I ordered and paid for two; Marder & Sehund he went silent and deep, no contact.
I too understand health/family issues But a simple short email would be clear to me but nothing.

George
George Jure is offline Find More Posts by George Jure
Old Jul 15, 2013, 03:01 PM
Joined Aug 2011
450 Posts
George,
I am sorry, you have a right to be upset. P.M. me if you will. When I got the Aluminaut it was shipped within a day or two. Rick was always responsive to my emails, but when I saw your posting, I emailed him several times and no response. If he is comatose in a hospital bed, then I can see why he would not respond, other than that.....it is disappointing and sad. Rick has more talent than most people I know and is really gifted in being able to create amazing models.

Peace,
Tom
Old Aug 03, 2013, 12:09 AM
Joined Aug 2011
450 Posts
I hear the faint heart beat of life coming from the Aluminaut!
Received a package that when I opened, I almost thought nothing was there! It is smaller than expected! I will test this weekend and post photos. Very cool work Adam, you are a craftsmen.
Old Aug 03, 2013, 09:25 AM
Mesa Falcon Fld, Arizona, United States
Joined Sep 2004
426 Posts
I am glad that it made it there safe and sound. Though, remember, this is the first time that this device has been out of the lab. If you run into any trouble, I will send you a hex file so that you can work through it. Once we confirm that this one works the way you need it to work, then I will build up the next couple for you.

Adam
Aeroengineer1 is offline Find More Posts by Aeroengineer1
Old Aug 05, 2013, 02:13 AM
Joined Dec 2009
75 Posts
After more than two years waiting for him for my 1.000 USD order for the complete KILO kit, believe my I think it's time for torches and pitchforks. I have information of more than 6 persons in my same situation (Here in Europe and there in the States). I Think I've told you all that I even tried to contact with FBI to solve the situation but was impossible. Believe me: If I have the chance at any time, be sure that I'll knock at his door.
u552 is offline Find More Posts by u552
Old Aug 06, 2013, 01:50 AM
Joined Aug 2011
450 Posts
I am sorry for your circumstance, U552 - You have a right to grab pitch forks and torches.

Back to the Aluminaut!

Here is the ESC that Adam made:
Name: Aluminaut research submarine 146.jpg
Views: 40
Size: 575.5 KB
Description:
When I opened the package I was shocked how small this is!
Here is a comparison to the old one:
Name: Aluminaut research submarine 147.jpg
Views: 42
Size: 604.4 KB
Description:
It is a trade off narrower, but longer. That being said this new one is a better fit for the Aluminaut.
Here is the parts for Frankenstein:
Name: Aluminaut research submarine 148.jpg
Views: 53
Size: 676.1 KB
Description:
We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was. Better...stronger...faster.
More to come.......Really excited about this.
Old Aug 06, 2013, 06:50 AM
Joined Sep 2004
426 Posts
Tom,

I am glad that all made it there in one piece. I am also glad that I can do surface mount soldering better than I can solder wires to breakaway headers. I was a bit rushed when I did those. For those that are wondering, the pigtail that is shown is one there specifically for Tom and the testing of this device. This allows the device to be reprogrammed if there are any glitches found in this initial test run. I hope that all will go smoothly, but it is better to be safe than sorry. As to the reason that it is longer. The extra length allowed me to fit the components required for the low voltage cutoff as well as giving it the ability to be run by either 1s or 2s Lipo. Despite this, I am looking to see if there is a way to make it shorter. I may be able to shorten it by 1/8". We shall see.

Adam
Old Aug 14, 2013, 02:47 AM
Joined Aug 2011
450 Posts
Sorry guys for the delay in posting. The test was better than perfect. The motor started smoother than the cheap ESCs and very responsive forward or reverse. I ran the motors on high for a long time and aeroengineer1's ESC was cool to the touch and still responsive even though the other two ESCs would start getting sketchy on running. He asked me if I shorted the connection to the motors and no I have not done that nor would I have thought to do that, but I will give it a try (maybe) later.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel again. What a great piece of engineering! You ROCK Adam!
Old Aug 14, 2013, 07:29 AM
Joined Sep 2004
426 Posts
I am glad that it worked out! I will work up the other two for you. I think that I will need to purchase a few more components. I will try and get them today so that I can have them by the weekend.

Adam