SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Broose27, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 08:21 PM
Late starter
Swan Hill, Victoria
Joined Jan 2010
171 Posts
Discussion
Robinvale fun fly and other SHMAC stuff

The weather on weekends has been way better than earlier, so more flying less blogging.

Last weekend saw the 2012 Robinvale fun fly. I love this weekend: shared a caravan with bro-in-law and a mate, and we had 6 blokes from SHMAC at the event. Despite Friday being craptacularly windy and wet, the weekend improved to the point where there were at least 200 models and maybe 40 flyers having a blast.

I took the T-34 (5 flights), Sea Fury (1 flight in front of the crowd after endless tuning issues - a loose part was the culprit), Hyperion Extra (5 flights), PZ Sukhoi u/micro (6 flights under lights), and the SE5a had a couple of flights on Sunday morning.

We were well looked after by the Robinvale crew - fantastic breakfasts, lunches and Saturday's spit roast almost stopped me drinking beer...almost. Pleased to report the SHMAC boys were the last to leave the campfire on both nights, and not the last to emerge each day.

Plenty of night flying, some amazing models and generally a crackin time. Only limited carnage, with two spectacular structural failures, and two dumb thumbs (and none from me, whew).

Back at SHMAC, as the days start getting longer, we're going to lock in the first Sunday of each month as an open/training day, where we always have a trainer ready to go, and even if the weather is crappy, we'll have a tinker and a yarn. Next weekend's first catch up will revolve around the lead-up to October's electric fun fly.

I'll do a separate blog about that, with the updated flyer - we now have 5 sponsors very generously providing items for a monster raffle over the October 13-14 event. Some blokes from the Freestylers heli club are coming up and who knows? We might even get some great weather after the last 2 were pretty ordinary...

Two new members have come along, each have got themselves set up with a trainer and are in various stages of simulator and buddy box work, so the better weather will hopefully give them plenty of air time.

Stay tuned for some photos and an update about the fun fly!
Broose27 is offline Find More Posts by Broose27
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Seagull Westland Lysander ARF
to remove ads between posts