HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by askman, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 07:14 PM
Destroyer of G-10
United States, OR
Joined Jul 2004
10,085 Posts
Mini-HowTo
How to modify a BLS950 servo for external potentiometer

instead of continuing my AV/AP beginner series, (which I will continue after this brief interlude) I bring you a How to article on modifying the BLS 950 servo for external potentiometer. Now, almost all higher end servo shares common trait, so you can use this article for them with appropriate changes for design percuilarity.

WARNING: The SOME OF THE BOTTOM PLATE OF THE BLS950 SERVO IS GLUED TO THE PCB ON AND IF IT DOES NOT POP OFF EASILY DO NOT PLY IT OFF. YOU CAN DAMAGE THE SERVO IF YOU USE FORCE TO TAKE THE BOTTOM OFF.

now, if you want to turn this into 360 continous servo instead of external pot, you don't have to cut the potentiometer wire. you need to remove the mechanical limit pin and the plastic pot turner off the bottom of the main gear. center the potentiometer and reassemble. that is all you need to do.
askman is online now Find More Posts by askman
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by askman; Aug 30, 2012 at 10:03 PM.
to remove ads between posts