HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 25, 2012, 10:54 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,879 Posts
Qestion for Ming, is the new fan on the left on page 1, Is the new pink housing light alloy, or plastic? how many stators? Thanks Lee
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:20 PM
RCMCConline com
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Apr 2002
3,572 Posts
Subscribity
Kev71H is offline Find More Posts by Kev71H
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:35 PM
Hong Kong
Joined Jun 2002
4,624 Posts
Dear All

I am out of town for few days.

Dear Joe

You are welcome to contact me by email.

Ming Lou
Ming is offline Find More Posts by Ming
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:40 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,664 Posts
Can't wait Ming, keep the info coming.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Aug 25, 2012, 11:48 PM
United States, GA, Roswell
Joined Jun 2008
964 Posts
Ming, it would be best if you guys manufacture or contract to your spec to match the blade a motor so we don't have go crazy looking matching motor.
Wefinance01 is offline Find More Posts by Wefinance01
Last edited by Wefinance01; Aug 26, 2012 at 07:50 AM.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 01:51 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jun 2002
4,624 Posts
The reason we choice to announce this CS Smart Fan earlier, because we find that ARSON also have the similar product, so we have to declare we also have the same idea and the mould is done few months ago. I agree than the ARSON 153mm EDF design is very nice, just as pretty as artistic. But we didn't copy anyone design on this project included the impeller design. I believe that ARSON didn't disclose the design before Aug 21, 2012, 06:47 AM. So, that is impossible for us to copy and make the tooling done just 3 days later and make announcement on the RC Group on Aug 24, 2012, 12:42 AM. Incase we keep silent and launch this product just few weeks later, everybody must thinking we are copy ARSON idea.

This is my last and only statement to somebody concern about the copy myth.

Ming
Ming is offline Find More Posts by Ming
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 26, 2012, 01:59 AM
Greece, Attica, Athens
Joined May 2011
3,336 Posts
That makes perfect sense.
anlucas is offline Find More Posts by anlucas
Old Aug 26, 2012, 02:31 AM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,664 Posts
Good enough explanation for me.
v8truckin is offline Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Aug 26, 2012, 03:18 AM
Antarctica
Joined Apr 2012
771 Posts
in my opinion, it's ultimately boils down to right price and great service support. if both are met... i will pre-order. subscribed!!
viperviper is online now Find More Posts by viperviper
Old Aug 26, 2012, 07:16 AM
Swat Team Member
LV, NV
Joined Apr 2003
624 Posts
Remember

They did not copy the StuMax fans either, they simply borrowed without intent to return...

P. Richards aka SwatTeam
P. Richards is offline Find More Posts by P. Richards
Old Aug 26, 2012, 07:20 AM
The blade numbers go up to 11
Sydney, Australia
Joined Aug 2002
4,382 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ming View Post
The reason we choice to announce this CS Smart Fan earlier, because we find that ARSON also have the similar product, so we have to declare we also have the same idea and the mould is done few months ago. I agree than the ARSON 153mm EDF design is very nice, just as pretty as artistic. But we didn't copy anyone design on this project included the impeller design. I believe that ARSON didn't disclose the design before Aug 21, 2012, 06:47 AM. So, that is impossible for us to copy and make the tooling done just 3 days later and make announcement on the RC Group on Aug 24, 2012, 12:42 AM. Incase we keep silent and launch this product just few weeks later, everybody must thinking we are copy ARSON idea.

This is my last and only statement to somebody concern about the copy myth.

Ming
Will you acknowledge the fact that you copied my rotor hub design? How many other fans have you copied? It seems like just about every other CS fan, except the 10 blade 70mm, is a copy of someone else's design.

Stu.
stumax is offline Find More Posts by stumax
Old Aug 26, 2012, 07:44 AM
Guatemala, Guate
Joined Jul 2007
282 Posts
Our hobby is a living example of globalization.

It has brought good things, but there is nothing for free.

I think it is the end of high profit products, were low profit products and high volume products comercialized arround the world is the way to go.

A big task to small countries, or uderdeveloped countries as mine.
juanjulian is offline Find More Posts by juanjulian
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:50 AM
world's slowest builder
CA
Joined Oct 2006
768 Posts
Copying is not globalization....its a matter of morals. There is no such thing as "High Profit" in he RC business...market is too small. Show me someone who got rich off this business? Smart and talented people innovate in this business at great risk...and deserve every dollar they make back...and if they do make a profit...thank goodness!!!...so they can go make some more cool stuff for us to buy. When these small business individuals get copied...they get burned. Soon they leave the industry...and we are left with cheap copies of real innovation. I am guilty...I bought a CS12...spent many hours to glue and carefully balance the blades and get it running true on the shaft. Now im scared to run it over 2KW because i don want it to bring down my $500 worth of airplane and all the time i put into it...besides being a safety issue.
Air-Jon is offline Find More Posts by Air-Jon
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:52 AM
Aka: Tom Jenkins
Palm Beach County, Fl.
Joined Aug 2008
4,445 Posts
Quote:
except the 10 blade 70mm, is a copy of someone else's design
Who's? I'd like to see how much better the original design is, material, workmanship and power handling ability with some solid numbers! Please share if you have any clues where to look!
Thank you Stu.
Tom J
ApexAero is offline Find More Posts by ApexAero
Old Aug 26, 2012, 10:54 AM
NiCd + Mabuchi 550 was da bomb
NY USA
Joined Apr 1999
608 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by socshooter View Post
Ming,

...blades on your CS look extremely similar as my blades that I designed from scratch. Coincidence?,18 blades, and patented spacers to make the fan in different configurations?

here's the tread I posted on the ARSON and you be the judge.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1715858

If this is a copy of my design you will have some major issues my friend.

Regards,
Joe

Just a thought... you could probably get more money suing GE for copying your design. Look at the blade shape and 18 blade count... and interchangable design... how dare they
boom is offline Find More Posts by boom