SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:35 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavcon View Post
I remember the issues with that batch of stu... but let's be honest here..
Extreme has a lot to gain by selling CS fans and then his well overpriced shroud.
Stu has a patent that was copied and that again a fact..
Firstly I dont sell CS12 fans, I pulled the couple of versions I had soon as others started blowing them up. What do I have to gain from selling a fan that can be bought at HK for peanuts and has little margin??
Whats the patent number? for someone who "remembers" the issues you dont seem to know much and make no sense (as usual).
Quote:
bah.. Extreme.. when you lower your alloy housing at 30 bucks like we can get the lander ones.. and when you provide waranty on power levels that the stumax fans run.. then please come back to this talk.
First thing my housings are far better machined than the landers I have seen, there is a big difference in actual time taken to CNC something with a fine finish, and that time has to be paid for. My 90mm housings cost a lot more to make than you claim to be able to buy a Lander for. As for warranty, you buy an assembled Extreme Alloy jetfan or wemo and its warrantied just like any other product, Power levels are all listed clearly on the website. Its funny that you extoll the virtues of quality when it suits you

Quote:
I had two CS rotors in their original housing . . THEY FAILED... I have two replacement ones... and I'm going to make a video to see how different qualities they are.. do you want me to send you the one and send me a new one?
I'm not running that fan even if God descents and tell me to. .. now I don't knwo how the throwing blades isue is going to be solved with a metal shroud.. I epoxied the blades and I will also use super thin CA. I"m gonna run it at 3000watts outside the plane for at least 10 packs before daring to try.. yes again .. I might get more patience and get the Stu surprise
And this just begs the question, which planet are you on? You jump in and defend something which you know little about, at the same time telling us all you are going to continue with the cheap alternative even though you have blown a couple up. Seems $$$ talks more than integrity does. I could have easily continued with the CS12 sales but I didnt, because I care about the products I build. Same with the Sniper XL tail problems, I put a notice up on the site soon as the tail issue arose and refused to sell any until it was rectified. It doesnt pay my bills but it does let me sleep well at night...
Extreme_RC is offline Find More Posts by Extreme_RC
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2012, 05:53 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
After seeing those pics, I am pretty sure I don't want to own a Bendmax.
To be fair the replacement blades are nice and stiff like the originals. I never had an issue with the product itself, I even recalled a couple of fans and sent the rotors back then rebuilt them then sent them back out, just like any responsible dealer would do. My issue was with being publicly blamed for the failures when it could hardly be my fault they blew up in germany, uk, usa etc...and with the underhand way things transgressed.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:03 PM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extreme_RC View Post
To be fair the replacement blades are nice and stiff like the originals. I never had an issue with the product itself, I even recalled a couple of fans and sent the rotors back then rebuilt them then sent them back out, just like any responsible dealer would do. My issue was with being publicly blamed for the failures when it could hardly be my fault they blew up in germany, uk, usa etc...and with the underhand way things transgressed.
I totally understand. But why wasn't the bendable blades caught by Stu? Shouldn't his QC have caught that? Either way, I hope you two work our your differences. As far as someone telling you and stu to take it out of the threads, I'm sorry but Stu came in here looking for a fight with Ming. Shouldn't that guy told Stu to ST.U?
SkylineFlyer is online now Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:10 PM
EDF rules... :)
Joined Nov 1999
13,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erh7771 View Post
just an example, hyperbole for effect
Do you dislike Stuart?
Why spread a rumor that his fans are $900us?

I would think Stuarts kinda mad at the hong kong shop that splashed his rotor design, wouldn't you if you spent hundreds of hours working on the blade design before having parts made. Bad thing is the only reasonable place to get molds made is China, anyplace else would charge an arm and a leg, just take a look at Larry Epifano's fans he makes, well anything he makes. Very few people from this thread buy his stuff, for example his test stand cost over $500, albeit it comes with good bearings and a good load cell, everything else is CNC'ed from aluminum.
Stuart's fans don't cost that much, just go out and buy one of BVM's fans. I am definitely not rich and I don't make the top pay in my department at work, for me it is better to pay a little more for Stu's fan than to destroy a few fans trying to find a combination that will do the job.
As I said my 90mm cost ~$500 built, my Wemotec Midifan/Nue 1415 1.5y from JHH cost me ~$450 and I built it. Stuarts fan was the better deal in my book. Go out and get a CS90, get a cheap setup and hope you got the balance right. Then go and bench it and blow it. Buy another with maybe a new motor so far you have spent as much as I did with the Wemotec and still only have a mediocre setup. How many people can balance a fan then rebalance it with a poorly balanced ourunner mated up to it? Not many can get it right by the number of rotors that have been destroyed.
Can you do this?
How much would you charge to do it for others?
Tam won't even take them and dynamically balance them IIRC.
If you could i think that pretty soon you would look at the hobby as being more work than fun.

Eric B
AirX is offline Find More Posts by AirX
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:12 PM
Suspended Account
Κύπρος, Λευκωσία, Πέρα Χωριό
Joined Jan 2010
9,530 Posts
And that raises the question.. Do you ever read the whole post?

Your answers are selective.. You know when and what to avoid.. Your a pathetic dealer...
Not to mejtion that the only purchase that i made from you arrived damaged after two months.. Never claimed anything vcause as i see it was not worth it...
pavcon is offline Find More Posts by pavcon
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:12 PM
Joined Nov 1999
13,635 Posts
Quote:
I totally understand. But why wasn't the bendable blades caught by Stu? Shouldn't his QC have caught that? Either way, I hope you two work our your differences. As far as someone telling you and stu to take it out of the threads, I'm sorry but Stu came in here looking for a fight with Ming. Shouldn't that guy told Stu to ST.U?
Do you think the offspec blades ended up in the CS 90's when Stumax turned them down after catching them?
That would explain the ones tat came apart wouldn't it.

Eric B.
Last edited by AirX; Aug 27, 2012 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:26 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirX View Post
Do you think the offspec blades ended up in the CS 90's when Stumax turned them down after catching them?
That would explain the ones tat came apart wouldn't it.

Eric B.
Um, no. CS12 is a 12 blader. Wasnt' Stu's an 11? Also, the CS12 blades never flexed like that. They just SNAPPED. LOL.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:27 PM
Extreme CNC Alloy EDF
Australia
Joined Mar 2006
11,640 Posts
Quote:
And that raises the question.. Do you ever read the whole post?
Your answers are selective.. You know when and what to avoid.. Your a pathetic dealer...
Not to mejtion that the only purchase that i made from you arrived damaged after two months.. Never claimed anything vcause as i see it was not worth it...
I read everything very carefully and I answered your idiotic statements with fact, what did I avoid?
You purchased from me eh, what is the order number? PM me the details so I can look it up, I have only a couple of greek customers so it will be very easy to check this. No one receives something damaged in the mail and then says nothing...
Old Aug 27, 2012, 06:28 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,367 Posts
Quote:
Do you dislike Stuart?
Why spread a rumor that his fans are $900us?

I would think Stuarts kinda mad at the hong kong shop that splashed his rotor design, wouldn't you if you spent hundreds of hours working on the blade design before having parts made. Bad thing is the only reasonable place to get molds made is China, anyplace else would charge an arm and a leg, just take a look at Larry Epifano's fans he makes, well anything he makes. Very few people from this thread buy his stuff, for example his test stand cost over $500, albeit it comes with good bearings and a good load cell, everything else is CNC'ed from aluminum.
Stuart's fans don't cost that much, just go out and buy one of BVM's fans. I am definitely not rich and I don't make the top pay in my department at work, for me it is better to pay a little more for Stu's fan than to destroy a few fans trying to find a combination that will do the job.
As I said my 90mm cost ~$500 built, my Wemotec Midifan/Nue 1415 1.5y from JHH cost me ~$450 and I built it. Stuarts fan was the better deal in my book. Go out and get a CS90, get a cheap setup and hope you got the balance right. Then go and bench it and blow it. Buy another with maybe a new motor so far you have spent as much as I did with the Wemotec and still only have a mediocre setup. How many people can balance a fan then rebalance it with a poorly balanced ourunner mated up to it? Not many can get it right by the number of rotors that have been destroyed.
Can you do this?
How much would you charge to do it for others?
Tam won't even take them and dynamically balance them IIRC.
If you could i think that pretty soon you would look at the hobby as being more work than fun.

Eric B
I didn't get that at all. Besides, in his statement he also said $15 for the other comparision. CS12 or CS18's don't sell for $15. I got his point and it was valid.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:11 PM
Joined Nov 1999
13,635 Posts
Quote:
I didn't get that at all. Besides, in his statement he also said $15 for the other comparision. CS12 or CS18's don't sell for $15. I got his point and it was valid.
So, what's your point?.
I don't care what you buy mate, just don't go bad mouthing people when all they are trying to do is fight for their intellectual property. Man up and ask them nicely to take their argument elsewhere, if that doesn't work I am sure a moderater can handle them.

Eric B.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:17 PM
Should've, Would've, Could've
United States, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,703 Posts
Its already been asked to take the Stu argument somewhere else and ppl keep on going. Why not start another thread and call it "cs12 & cs18 copycat" or something; take a poll or better yet start a fan club and sell Stu t-shirts. Pls spare us all!
v8truckin is online now Find More Posts by v8truckin
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:21 PM
Joined Nov 1999
13,635 Posts
Quote:
Um, no. CS12 is a 12 blader. Wasnt' Stu's an 11? Also, the CS12 blades never flexed like that. They just SNAPPED. LOL.
Yep it's 11 blades, changing the mold to take a little off the angle is not out of limits, the change is 3.7deg. Not much eh mate?
And you still bought it when they snapped?

Eric B.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:35 PM
Joined Nov 1999
13,635 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8truckin View Post
Its already been asked to take the Stu argument somewhere else and ppl keep on going. Why not start another thread and call it "cs12 & cs18 copycat" or something; take a poll or better yet start a fan club and sell Stu t-shirts. Pls spare us all!
Yeah your right you guys don't care.

Eric B.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:35 PM
Hawk Fanatic
Joined Jul 2008
7,367 Posts
Quote:
Yep it's 11 blades, changing the mold to take a little off the angle is not out of limits, the change is 3.7deg. Not much eh mate?
And you still bought it when they snapped?

Eric B.
First off, you insenuated that Stu's faulty blades were somehow claimed by Changesun and used in their rotors. I stated that its not possible because one is 12 and the other is 11. Now you come back and say that they changed the mold. What does that have to do with your initial statement? Now if you said that they took 3.7 degrees off of stu's actual faulty blades and resold them as Changesun, its simply not possible.

And no, I bought mine before those breaks started. Mine is still running strong (for now), however, Changesun needs to own up to those that have faulty blades and replace them.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 07:36 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,721 Posts
Quote:
Do you dislike Stuart?..
I don't now stu, prolly a nice guy

Quote:
...Why spread a rumor that his fans are $900us?...
This statement is flat out false, people have a right to their own opinions but not their own facts...I have not started any rumor about about an maker of anything.

Either way folk, lets get back to the fan...things are getting too personal
erh7771 is online now Find More Posts by erh7771
Last edited by erh7771; Aug 27, 2012 at 07:43 PM.