Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:38 AM
Inspired by the wings of an An
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutt View Post
Thanks Andy, unfortunately all the Glavak props are sold out at f3p-online.
Htry Glavak direct then

glavak@gmx.net
Andycap is offline Find More Posts by Andycap
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 11:45 AM
United States, NJ, Englishtown
Joined Nov 2010
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Don View Post
I will see what can be done in order to help you out. Please send me picture of all damaged parts. With my friend it can be quite difficult. because his machine now working almost non stop, and to cut my planes he had to stop work for one day. I wish we thought about this earlier, this would be good decision for your problems.
I will email you.... thanks
bells33 is offline Find More Posts by bells33
Old Dec 12, 2012, 03:44 PM
Essex. UK.
Joined Nov 2003
95 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andycap View Post
Htry Glavak direct then

glavak@gmx.net
Got a very quick relply, order now placed, many thanks.
hutt is offline Find More Posts by hutt
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:00 PM
Essex. UK.
Joined Nov 2003
95 Posts
Part way through the build now, if the rudder and elevator are both pull pull there does not seem to be rudder and elevator horns in the hardware set only rudder reinforcement plates.
Could you tell me how its done.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 04:26 PM
Janne Lappi, F3A Team Finland
Helsinki, Finland
Joined Sep 2008
129 Posts
Quote:
Hello Anders looking really good. Wish you best luck with test flight. 140 mm from leading edge of wing is acceptable C.G position to start with. I include attachment Spies on diet If everything will go well I plan to use this model in WC in Germany.
Hello Donatas, that looks quite extreme. Having useless material in airframe seems to be against your policies Some of the spots are only milled, why not holes? I would also be interested in what kind of machine a "bad ass CNC machine" is...

Hopefully the plane will be light enough and work well.

Regards,
Janne
JanneL is offline Find More Posts by JanneL
Old Dec 14, 2012, 07:11 PM
Team JR
Medford, NJ
Joined Jan 2004
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hutt View Post
Part way through the build now, if the rudder and elevator are both pull pull there does not seem to be rudder and elevator horns in the hardware set only rudder reinforcement plates.
Could you tell me how its done.
Hutt,

The plates are too reinforce a CF rod which is used as the control horn. Pictured is the same setup on my Symmetric (we are patiently waiting for Spies in US)

Regards,

Dave
DaveL322 is offline Find More Posts by DaveL322
Old Dec 15, 2012, 03:35 AM
Essex. UK.
Joined Nov 2003
95 Posts
Thanks Dave, Electricwingman can ship worldwide.

http://www.electricwingman.com/donat...ies-by-ft.aspx
Old Dec 23, 2012, 03:01 AM
scotland uk
Joined Mar 2006
32 Posts
Started building mine yesterday, great service as always from electricwingman with next day delivery. I'm hoping to get to the uk EIM comp in february and decided to not go down the disney route, like the look of the spies and so far it's going together nicely. Thanks to the guys who have posted the pictures on here, really useful to see the bracing pattern, i'll get a few pics up when i'm done and a flying report-probably in the new year!
ulsterflyer is offline Find More Posts by ulsterflyer
Old Dec 23, 2012, 04:23 AM
Joined Nov 2004
962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulsterflyer View Post
Started building mine yesterday, great service as always from electricwingman with next day delivery. I'm hoping to get to the uk EIM comp in february and decided to not go down the disney route, like the look of the spies and so far it's going together nicely. Thanks to the guys who have posted the pictures on here, really useful to see the bracing pattern, i'll get a few pics up when i'm done and a flying report-probably in the new year!
Thank you for selecting Donatas Design kits. If you will have some questions please let me know! Here is link to manual draft:
http://donatasdesign.com/downloads/M...anualdraft.pdf
I cut my finger bad and it is quite hard to finish it now. Besides this I need to move on with Spies I plan to use in WC in Germany. So in any case if you guys have questions here just post it and I will be glad to answer.
3Don is offline Find More Posts by 3Don
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:23 AM
Massachussets
Joined Nov 2005
233 Posts
Donatas

What's the status on the mylar kit? Is it going to be along the version you're working on now?
wingster is online now Find More Posts by wingster
Old Dec 23, 2012, 11:39 AM
"Free" in Christ!
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jan 2012
851 Posts
Wow, that looks light!

What's your target AUW?

Free
Free is online now Find More Posts by Free
Old Jan 04, 2013, 07:12 AM
Joined Nov 2004
962 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
Wow, that looks light!

What's your target AUW?

Free
RTF weight is 110g. My goal was not to have lightest plane possible. Main goal was strong construction, good quality precise servos and bigger plane. i think I reach it. I test flew new Spies yesterday, as expected it fly little better than previous version.
Old Jan 04, 2013, 11:15 AM
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,937 Posts
Is this larger than the production Spies then Don
Old Jan 04, 2013, 06:41 PM
Joined Nov 2004
962 Posts
Hey Andy,

Yes this plane is made specially for big halls. I heard that WC hall is really big. It is great plane to visit your EIM hall as well. unfortunately I do not have time and opportunity to visit all events i want.
Old Jan 05, 2013, 02:02 AM
Leeds
Joined Mar 2003
1,937 Posts
Quote:
Hey Andy,

Yes this plane is made specially for big halls. I heard that WC hall is really big. It is great plane to visit your EIM hall as well. unfortunately I do not have time and opportunity to visit all events i want.
We would love to se you again but realise that with the WC this could be difficult.
I would think you have spent a lot of money this indoor season already