SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Conehead, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 22, 2012, 07:30 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,039 Posts
Discussion
Funny thing happened yesterday

I was at my property yesterday, cutting up some trees and stuff to build a fire. I got the fire going and as it burned down, I didn't want to leave it until is was way down. I got out my Mini Trojan and decided to fly. I got a battery out, got the right transmitter and found the correct model.

I put the battery on it, tossed it into the air, into the ground it went. I must have put the battery too far foreward. After a couple of tosses, I moved it back, and it flew, but not great. So after another dink, I decided to put it away. I think the fuse is way too far gone to fix, it is the bottom portion. I won this one at the JR Indoor.

I took the battery off and laid it on the bumper of my Envoy. I put everything away, by then the fire was down, so I got in the car and went home. When I got home, I unloaded my car, there was the battery. I drove 14 miles home or there about, the battery was still in the same place where I put it. I went up hill, down hill, all around the town, well sort of. I am up north in MI and most of the roads are smooth, but a few places, it is sort of rough. Not rough enough to move the battery onto the ground. It was 1S, 130 Mah.

I went to fly my Champ, but when I looked at the other box, it was the Mig-15 micro which has not been flown and I think I need a bit more room than what I have in my area at my property. I think need to take another tree down. That will give me a bit more room to fly. I got about 150 feet by about 75 feet. Of course there are some trees on the far side I have to look out for, but flying there gives me lots of good practice to fly at the JR Indoor.
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
to remove ads between posts