HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 22, 2012, 04:49 PM
Joined Aug 2012
8 Posts
Discussion
V911 disassembly

I am new to the micro heli scene and from what I heard the V911 was a good value and sturdy. Well it is sturdy but not bullet proof! I flew into my house going fast enough to break the boom!

I have the wires un soldiered from the receiver but the boom is glued(?) in the main frame of the heli and the tail motor holder seems to be glued to the boom too.

I have ordered the extras and can handle the repairs but I would like to know what the best way to get the heli apart with out damaging anything else. My guess would be heat and to work them loose....am I on the right path?

Thanks in advance and I apologize if this is not in the right section

John
john631 is offline Find More Posts by john631
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 22, 2012, 05:08 PM
United Kingdom, England, Redcar
Joined Jan 2006
3,270 Posts
Try nail varnish remover to remove the tiny drop of superglue they use to secure it in place
scousethief is offline Find More Posts by scousethief
Old Aug 23, 2012, 10:52 AM
Joined Jan 2012
204 Posts
You want to avoid heat for sure... frame will never be the same again. I used a small screw driver and gently chipped the carbon fibers out until the new boom was able to slip in. It actually works better now because there is a solid friction fit and the boom stays in place without glue.
Killer Bee is offline Find More Posts by Killer Bee
Old Aug 29, 2012, 03:25 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,822 Posts
Hey, come visit us on the main V911 thread:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1548027

This is exactly the kind of problem where you can get more people helping you if you go to the main thread. Plus if you post pictures, folks can get a better idea as to what you're up against and offer even better suggestions.

Good luck! It's no fun having a busted "Corter" Maybe place an order for another BNF from Banggood so you have something to fly while you work on this? Buy spare parts from them as well...
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member